I Will Give Your Story A Title

help

In 1988, Kimmy Cooper was violently murdered at Fairweather Lake during a party, her boyfriend was found standing over her, broken beer bottle in hand and blood splattered across his clothes. With the case still unsolved and cold thanks to the negligence of the police almost thirty years later people have come to their own conclusions about what happened that night.

Marlowe Bishop has never paid too much attention to the rumors of what happened that night. She had a tendency to avoid gossip, and instead always kept her head stuck in her books. At least they had endings.

It isn’t until Kennedy Carmichael, Marlowe’s new friend is murdered exactly thirty years after Kimmy’s murder in the same exact situation, only with Marlowe’s boyfriend found above her this time, that Marlowe really starts to pay attention to the case.

Marlowe, along with her three friends start to piece together every piece of information they have surrounding both murders, but with all four of them being the prime suspects for Kennedy’s murder, can they trust anyone? Even themselves?

A new school year is opportunity for its students, to suffer for the secrets it hides. Four girls are repeatedly swept into a version of their school everyone is gone, the doors are locked, the power is out, and only monsters reside in the school halls. A grouch with a heart of gold, her bubbly big sister preoccupated with making her smile, a proud beauty trying to hide her insecurities, and a nerd who does not tolerate bullies, must work together to make improvised weapons, defend themselves against the monsters and get the power back on to escape back to their own school. Along the way they develop an unlikely but genuine friendship. As the school year goes on and their forced trips into the nightmarish school become less frequent they begin to drift apart. What will it all come to?

An idea for the title I had was School’s Out, but when the girls turn the power back on they go back to the school they know like nothing happened, it’s part of they mystery and I will explain why that is later in the story, so I don’t think School’s Out makes sense.

(I only thought of the idea today so sorry if its not enough information or it sounds confusing :sweat_smile:)
Our protagonist is someone called ‘M’ (She unable to say her full name for the duration of the story). M REALLY wants to be a writer and thought up multiple worlds, but has writers block constantly and is slowly starting to give up.
One day M meets a lady at a local fair, she says she will help anyone with anything, and M gives it a shot. She turns out to be a witch and sends M to a dimension where all her stories come to life, saying that being actually in her stories experiencing them will help her writers block, and more…if she survives

this is going to be in the description:
YOU, yes YOU, the person reading this RIGHT NOW! At least I hope your there, I can’t see if you’re actually there or if I’m just losing it.
Apparently I’m stuck inside a dimension where all stories come from, but my story hasn’t started yet I think, as I’m currently floating around with the tags of this story slowly appearing around me.
But every story has a description at the beginning, and I hope this ends up there. I’m…well just call me M, why not just say my full name? It’s a long story. How am I here to begin with? Thats an even longer story. But I think if you read my adventure till the end, I might finally escape… I REALLY hope I won’t die before then-WAIT DOES THAT TAG SAY ROMANCE! Ugh…this is going to be a heck of a ride

Summary: What will you do when one day, you wake up, and find yourself in a different body?

Thrown in a myriad of confusing events, Valeriana was forced to live a life she never wished. When she was eighteen years old, her soul transmigrated to the body of a 10-year-old Catriona. With no recollection of how her previous life ended, she forced herself to finally embody the person she had become. To finally live as Catriona Belladona in a world where magic exist. In a world untold.

However, fate was a mysterious artist who liked to make fun of his work. So now, Valeriana was stuck in a royal battlefield of love and war—a war between two young powerful men who were both fighting for the throne and for her heart. Coupled with many discoveries about her true ability, and with Catriona’s past catching up on her, her life turned into a big roller coaster ride.

Currently the title is ‘A World Untold’. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Oh, God. I’ve been so busy with work and writing/finishing my own stories, I forgot about this forum! I’m sorry!

Okay, so, here it goes.

Hmmmm, this one is a tough one. I kind of like play on words and names, so maybe something like.

A Bishops Next Move

Or

Moving a Bishop

Uh, another could be…

Time in Fairweather

Or

The Time Between (if the gap in between the murders has something to do with the plot?)

Sorry that these aren’t great :confused: is there any more info you can share? If you don’t want to share publically, you can message me on Wattpad (My username is the same as here).

Next

Hmm, another hard one.

The Power of Us could maybe work. Referencing the power of the school and the strength of the four main characters pooled together.

Other than that, I’m really not too sure. Maybe more information could help, if you have any? Same as above, you can PM On Wattpad if you’re more comfortable with that.

Next

Interesting concept. Now, it is true that there isn’t a lot of information, but I will still try…

One thing you could do is call it My Story which would tie in with the premise of it, or something similar to that.

Other than that, I am really struggling without more information. Finding Home, maybe. But probably not.

I am a little out of practice, and I apologise to all.

Next

Summary: What will you do when one day, you wake up, and find yourself in a different body?

Thrown in a myriad of confusing events, Valeriana was forced to live a life she never wished. When she was eighteen years old, her soul transmigrated to the body of a 10-year-old Catriona. With no recollection of how her previous life ended, she forced herself to finally embody the person she had become. To finally live as Catriona Belladona in a world where magic exist. In a world untold.

However, fate was a mysterious artist who liked to make fun of his work. So now, Valeriana was stuck in a royal battlefield of love and war—a war between two young powerful men who were both fighting for the throne and for her heart. Coupled with many discoveries about her true ability, and with Catriona’s past catching up on her, her life turned into a big roller coaster ride.

Currently the title is ‘A World Untold’. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

A World Untold is already a very good title, and I’m really not sure I would be able to do better than that.

Fate’s Throne is not as good.

And the only other one I can think of is An Untold Soul Which is also not as good, so I truly do apologise.

eek! not really sure how to work this…
anyways, i’ve only started posting my work on her for not long at all (even tho ive had the account for years), and i have a new novel i’m trying to create. However, i’m not sure about the title :blush:
in your spare time please read the summary of my book (basically spoilers):
Reed struggles to keep a relationship going with who she loves and her family. However after meeting the ‘new boy’ joining her school she discovers more about her that she’s left in the past and completely forgot about. She starts to leave the bad behind, and replace it with the good and forget about her older ex, Calvin. However, when Reed starts to think things are getting better she discovers something – she’s a werewolf. This has been passed on my blood, and this was none of Reeds choice to be. She starts to ask questions to herself and others on what’ll happen to her. She struggles to remember her actions as she transforms into a wolf through the night every so often.

When Reed is experiencing new changes of her ‘werewolf’ self, she also grows stronger feelings for the new boy – Jayden. Reed struggles to control with her emotions, as she is going through the beginning stages of being a werewolf. It’s like puberty to the extreme all over again, just in a more horrifying way.

After time, Reed has found a better way to deal with her emotions. She has even found some friends who are helping her with her issues and her own thoughts. Though Reed doesn’t know if she should tell anyone about what’s happening to her body as she has told nobody besides her mother which she never sees, and she finds out its where Reed gets the werewolf genes from.

Reed is also showing signs of anorexia and deals with a new challenge – her body. Jayden clearly notices this after some time being with each other.

Towards the end of the book Reed is getting closer and closer to find out who has been the unknown, and suspicious murderer of people stretched across the small town she lives in. One night she discovers who it really is. She finds this out having a clear view one night when she turns, a clear vision on what she does during her time as a werewolf. Reed is devastated, broken to find out who it is. She finds out it’s herself. Luckily, as Reed digs into more information it isn’t all her fault. Most of her actions were controlled by another – Alpha. More information of ‘alpha’ will be revealed in further stories.

Thank you so much if you made it this far <33

hi, i just started my book two months ago in january and now that i’ve written a few chapters… i realised that the title did not fit the book at all.

synopsis:
“When I was younger, I used to read poetry and watch The Notebook on repeat, I would hear my teachers talk about falling in love and I never understood the big deal. Honestly, I think I resented it, the idea of love… because I truly thought I would never have the opportunity to find someone to fall in love with. And then I met you and it suddenly became clear what they were talking about. I finally understood the importance of being in love and that’s because of you… you taught me that.”

Riley Sanders bumps into Blake Owens, the typical cliche.

I mean, it’s just an accidental bump into the school’s biggest player, right? She won’t ever see him again, right?

If you mean by having to put up with an ego bigger than the size of a whale, cocky remarks and endless smirks then I guess it’s just an accidental bump and she doesn’t really need to see him again.

Riley’s life turns into a roller coaster ride that seems to never end. Having to put up with Blake’s cockiness, him being a jerk all the damn time and unpredictable mood swings is a pain in the ass. However, Riley seems to find another person hidden behind Blake’s persona.

my current title is “The Bad Boy And Me” but it doesn’t really suit the book, y’know?
thank you (:

First of all, welcome to Wattpad! :slight_smile: Now, as for a title for your story, if this is going to be a series, I suggest–what I call-- an over-title.

Examples are Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, etc.

A title that people can relate your stories with.

Then you’ll need a subtitle with each entry into the book.

Which does make this a little more difficult, as the main over-title needs to relate to more than just this book. It needs to cover the whole series.

A suggestion would be to play into the Alpha thing. If that is going to be the main plot throughout each book, go for that.

Not directly in relation to the Alpha, however, what they do. From what I’ve read, it seems Alpha is like a shadow over Reed. Blocking the things she is doing as a werewolf and control her actions.

Moonlight’s Shadow may work as an over-title. The Moonlight’s Shadow Series has a nice ring to it.

As for the subtitle for this one, it could just be something simple. I’m gathering the main plot will focus on Reed finding out who she is and “coming out” into being a werewolf.

An idea for a full title could be Moonlight’s Shadow: Emergence

I hope this has helped :slight_smile:

Hi!

I’m assuming when you say the title doesn’t really suit, you mean Blake isn’t really a bad boy? Maybe?

Anyway, moving on. Some ides that spring to mind are:

Accidentally In Love (which is a little on the nose, to me any way.)

Underneath Us or Underneath You (in regards to the hidden persona. However, Underneath You just sounds sexual…)

To See You

Sadly, that’s all I have at the moment, but if you want to message me on Wattpad (same username as here), we can talk about it there and I can try to help some more :slight_smile:

yeah, exactly, Blake isn’t really a bad boy insert laughing emoji
thank you for the titles ((: <33

Summary: Simon Grimm is sent to a boarding school for the children of mythical beasts and other things. Simon is the son of a demon lord and an archangel. He was raised my the horsemen themselves for his own protection. However the time has come for him to attend the school that teaches the unnatural children how to blend in the human realm and also control their abilities.
Orientation day should have been boring and nothing to remember should have happened. Well when something strange threatens to cast the world into a forever darkness and somehow unless the creatures of purgatory to the mortal plane. Simon’s going to have to team up with some of the odd balls of the school to stop the person responsible for it all.

Ninja fade through the shadows. Tengu wings flutter in the branches. Magic works and the samurai of Hywhen seethe against the indignities the mages heap upon them. Divisions wrack the Imperial Court. To the west, the Teutons, both Prussian and Mansurian, look in horror as the thunderheads of civil war gather over their allies the Hywheni. Allies they will badly need soon, for the copper-bloods on their borders are stirring, ready for slaughter. And behind it all, the demonic klchzak pull the strings on their puppets, eager to regain their dominance over the world and all the peoples they have kidnapped and put there.
Amidst all this, a boy who has died once already finds Death and, all unwilling, seeks his destiny.
Welcome to the world of Noruth!

Suggestions welcome! TIA

Hmm, this sounds like an interesting story.

You could really play on Grimm.

A Grimm’s Fate for example. Or just A Grimm Fate

Other than that, I’m not too sure. I would need some more information about the story to be able to give some more suggestions.

Hey! First, I’ll just ask if you could edit your post and remove the link, as this thread is only about me helping with story titles, and a link could be seen as self-promoting. Thank you for understanding.

As for the title suggestions, based on the information you’ve given, I can’t really give any good ideas.

Unless the journey to find Death is a part of the story, you could have Seeing Death

But it is difficult to pick a title, as from what you’ve written, I’m not too sure of what the story is about.

I’m sorry. Feel free to give some more information and I will have another crack at it! :slight_smile:

Edited, thanks. No, it’s not an easy one. Lots of threads, lots of stories all mixed up.

hello, @AuthenticFINN I’m Naph. My book is called Tom Tit Tot. I can’t remember where but I heard it’s an alternate name for Rumpelstiltskin. I was thinking of changing it; should I?

Summary:

In a medieval fantasy land, a protagonist travels to unite her kingdom with the empty realm. This alliance will prevent evil from taking over the empty realm. Many competing groups are attempting to take it over or use its resources. Throughout her journey, she encounters many threats and obstacles. She overcomes these obstacles by defying social conventions.

Oh, my. Sorry, I didn’t get a notification about this!

Tom Tit Tot is actually an English folklore. I’m not sure if it’s a version of Rumpelstiltskin or not, but I know it is one.

My advice would be to maybe look into it. Books share names all the time, and it’s usually only the content that people worry about being copied.

In the end, this one is up to you. Personally, I would change it, but the decision is yours.

I may need a little more information to do this one, as there isn’t a lot to go on for a title.

Thanks!

It’s the year 2096 and everyone’s worst fear has come true. The world has been taken over by- not zombies, not robots- zombie robots. Now I know what you’re thinking. How the fuck did we get zombie robots? It was a virus. No pun intended. Guess how the virus started. Fucking aliens! It’s like all of the end of the world predictions had an orgy and we ended up with this shit.