I wrote a book and am looking for an editor...

Hi!
So I wrote a book which is the first part of a series. It’s currently not on Wattpad since I removed it thinking I wanted to try and publish it in the future. That being said, I want to invest in an editor. I’ve been looking online on how to do that, but so far didn’t get very lucky.
My book is in English, which is not my native tongue, but I still believe I’m fluent enough and don’t make many mistakes. The fact is, I live in Belgium and have written a book in English.
Do any of you have an idea of how I could find an editor? Maybe some of you have already worked with one? Please let me know! I’d appreciate the help!

Hi there, I’m from Belgium too (and writing in English). I just wanted to say that you could probably find very decent editors here on the forum as well. You don’t necessarily have to pay for a professional one. Sometimes, the advice of the other writers on Wattpad is even more valuable. :blush: Why don’t you ask around to see if you can find someone who you think will be able to help you?

1 Like

@FireAlwaysReturns is an editor. She’s not currently active on the forums but her pms are always open.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try and look into that!

1 Like

Thanks! I send her a message!

1 Like

It depends on your budget and your longterm goals. If you intent to self-publish, I would highly encourage you to hire a professional editor and undergo both a developmental and copy edit for your first book. The advice you will get from a WP editor won’t be enough. There are many professional resources out there that will run you anywhere from a few hundred dollars up to $5K. I found my editor through a friend’s recommendation, so I’m not really sure how to find one any other way, but maybe someone else can give you pointers.

You can try Reedsy editors, they come highly recommended. Not cheap, but I hear they are good. I have not worked with one, I got “my” editor through the publisher.

2 Likes