If You Could Have Written Any Book

If you could have written any book out there not for the money it made but because it’s your favorite or you consider it a masterpiece what book (or series if there’s more than one part) would it be? For me it would be Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake, it’s an amazing work of art.

Throne of Glass, because Sarah J Maas’s plotline is so amazing I cried the first time I saw it all strung together. Plus her characters have four dimensions, I swear.

2 Likes

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, maybe?

2 Likes

The Ten Commandments. The first edition. Why? Because it would make me…

3 Likes

The Book Thief or Hush, Hush series. Mind blown every time I read them!

2 Likes

Heard of all those… will have to check them out

Honestly, I would have to go for the classic Jane Eyre - It has been a favourite of mine ever since we studied it in school, and I love the language and concept used.

2 Likes

good pick

1 Like

Disc world series

1 Like

The Long Walk

1 Like

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
Purely because it opened up an entire wonderful world not only for kids but for adults, JK Rowling is a wonderful author and what she wrote was something beautiful.

2 Likes

yesss for sure! book thief is a movie also, and the hush, hush series is currently being turned into one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Or The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

2 Likes

The Divergent series by Veronica Roth and The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken. I love both series to pieces!

1 Like

The Book of Three by Llyod Alexander. As a fan of high fantasy I feel like I should be picking a hard hitter like the Silmarillion or something thuroughly, rightfully celebrated like Le Guin’s Earthsea novels, but something about the Prydain Chronicles has stuck with me since childhood. I’ve used them as examples of excellent writing quite a few times, and there’s just something so special about a mythology heavy hero’s journey that propelled the protagonist to greatness not because of some secret bloodline or birthright, but because he was willing to grow into a wise and compassionate leader that people wanted to seek council with and follow.

1 Like

Yeah those are amazing books… The Black Cauldron was the first non-kids book I remember reading.

1 Like

The Unwind Series. It was so amazing and really would be like something I write.

Good Omens because it just would’ve been awesome that I created a book like that lol.

The Series of Unfortunate Events <- the whole series. Why? Because it gets my humor.

Or the Raven by Edgar Allan Poe because it is the most perfect use of English language ever written… even if it is not a novel.

I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson and The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. Their female protagonists are simply everything I ever wished mine could be, or become lol.