If you got a new account name when you logged in

announcement

It’s still working fine! Looks like you fixed it. Thanks so much.

Hi! So, I have an account on here, it was made under a different email address. I changed my email address on my main account, but this account is still linked to the old one. Now, I can’t access this account on my cell phone. It comes up as a different address. Is there a way to link this account to my new address? The old email is from when I was like 16 and I don’t remember it :upside_down_face:

@cpoirier ^^

@ificarediwouldtellu I’m not clear on what the situation is. What account are you trying to log in from? What happens when you do?

Hi! So I have this account @ificarediwouldtellu. This is my original account. Apparently, this particular account did not link to my main when I changed the email for my main account. The one for this one is met*********ss@gmail.com. I made that email when I was 16, I don’t remember the password and can’t get in anymore. So, I changed my main account to be linked to a different email, joh******99@gmail.com. Now though, when I log on anywhere, but google chrome on my laptop, community brings me to a new account @frjohnson which links to my new email and username. But, I want to keep this account! I have gained a lot of privileges on here and I have a really big on-going topic that I can’t access anywhere else. What I’m asking is if it is possible to sync this @ificarediwouldtellu account back to my main so the emails match. Then delete the @frjohnson account, so that I can log into this one on other devices. Thank you! I hope that makes some sense :smiley:

@ificarediwouldtellu Okay, I’ve deleted the duplicate account and (temporarily) switched your main email back to the old address. Log in here and the accounts should link up. Then we can switch your email address back to the new one and it should keep working. Let me know when you are back in.

I am back in!

Great! Everything looks good on my end. You’ll need to log in again on Chrome (if you haven’t already), but I’m not expecting any further problems.

For some reason, I now have a new account name of RileyKifer1, when all this time I’ve been posting under RileyKifer. I haven’t changed my email recently, and when I had changed it (months ago I think), I was still posting on here fine. But today I logged in and it wasn’t until I got a like when I noticed that I’m on some new account. How can I fix it?

@cpoirier ^^

Hello, @cpoirier! I was directed here so hopefully y’all can help.

Recently I changed the email on my wattpad account because I don’t use the other one anymore. It’s been working fine for me but today it made me start a completely new wattpad community account. VJParke is my old account. Is there a way for me to reaccess my old account?

I have the email that was used, I figured this would also switch when I changed my wattpad email but I guess it didn’t? Now with the linked accounts if I try to log in it does it automatically through my wattpad (Which is no longer the same email). Please help! :joy: I had some really good stuff bookmarked I’d be sad to lose and am not sure if I could find it again!