If you're bored and want to make yourself laugh: 2000s-era numbered character meme

List ten characters from one of your stories. Don’t look at the prompts below until you’re done.

1. [1] challenges [3] to a no-holds-barred duel. Who would win and how?

2. [2] has a dream where [10] tells him/her to save [1], who is facing certain doom. What would [2] do?

3. If [8] had an iPod or some kind of music player, what kinds of songs would you find in it?

4. What would you do if [9] suddenly paid you a visit?

5. Do you think [6] and [4] are made for each other?

6. [7], [2] and [1] order a pizza. What toppings does each one request, and what do the others think of the choices?

7. [5] and [10] go on their first date. Where would they go, and what would they do?

8. [8] sings karaoke and dedicates a song to [7]. What song would they dedicate and why?

9. How would [8] court [6]?

10. [9] and [6] are about to get married, until [3] crashes their wedding and abducts [9] against their will. [6] follows them, but must forge an uneasy alliance with their archrival, [1]. They must then hijack some form of transportation from [8] in order to get to [3]'s lair, where they must fight against [3]'s evil zombified minions. What would happen next?!

Here’s mine, as an example…

List ten characters from one of your stories. Don’t look at the prompts below until you’re done.

1. Hannah
  2. Andrew
  3. David
  4. Tom
  5. Topher
  6. Tory
  7. Gwyn
  8. Diana
  9. Harry
  10. Rose

1. Hannah challenges David to a no-holds-barred duel. Who would win and how?
That’s not even a question, as the Force Of Sheer Will That Is Hannah would come out on top every time. Unless the duel is a chess duel.

2. Andrew has a dream where Rose tells him to save Hannah, who is facing certain doom. What would Andrew do?
He’d go out and save his sister with no time to waste, of course. He’s been rather expecting something like this to happen anyway, so he’s also pretty well prepared for it.

3. If Diana had an iPod or some kind of music player, what kinds of songs would you find in it?
Ha, first bit of evidence that this really is a 2000s meme! Diana… good question; have never considered this before. Some kind of hardcore girl-rock, I think. Maybe Joan Jett? I like her taste in music better than I like her.

4. What would you do if Harry suddenly paid you a visit?
Have an intense heart-to-heart with the boy; try and give him advice; would end up being the one getting the advice, I think.

5. Do you think Tory and Tom are made for each other?
The age difference would present a problem. Also, no. Tom doesn’t need to get emotionally involved with another headstrong werewolf, and there are a lot of things about Tom that Tory doesn’t need.

6. Gwyn, Andrew, and Hannah order a pizza. What toppings does each one request, and what do the others think of the choices?
Weird combo, but okay. Hannah wants pineapple and she doesn’t care what you think, Andrew. Gwyn will eat anything – the weirder the better. I think he’s going for anchovies, which nobody else will eat. Andrew just wants his life to be uneventful and make sense for a change; why can’t we just get cheese, Hannah?

7. Topher and Rose go on their first date. Where would they go, and what would they do?
Rose would go directly to jail for seducing a minor patient, and Topher would spend the rest of his life questioning his own judgment.

8. Diana sings karaoke and dedicates a song to Gwyn. What song would they dedicate and why?
Oh, funny. Um. Hmm. Let’s go with “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things” by Taylor Swift.

9. How would Diana court Tory?
There are a lot of Diana questions in here, aren’t there? And this is another wildly problematic adult/minor age gap, not even getting into the power dynamic issues, and Tory hates Diana. So, evilly, I guess. She would do it evilly.

10. Harry and Tory are about to get married, until David crashes their wedding and abducts Harry against his will. Tory follows them, but must forge an uneasy alliance with her archrival, Hannah. They must then hijack some form of transportation from Diana in order to get to David’s lair, where they must fight against David’s evil zombified minions. What would happen next?!
Presumably this is (many) years in the future, and David abducted Harry because he knows Harry’s gay and has no reason to be marrying Tory, so clearly there’s something sketchy going on. Not sure what happened to turn Tory against Hannah, but maybe they’re on a more equal footing as adults and Tory has decided to develop her Own Opinions? She would quite enjoy stealing a car from Diana, though. That would probably be the most interesting part of this saga. Once they reached David’s lair (why does he have a lair?) and defeated the zombies, they’d all have to sit down and have a sensible discussion about marriage and compatibility and why abduction was necessary to begin with.

1. Clarity
  2. Tempest
  3. Highnis
  4. Ery
  5. Sasha
  6. Noah
  7. Aiko
  8. Jevi
  9. Vice
  10. Leo

~~

1. Clarity, Highnis could never, he would just forfeit the moment he realised she was serious
  2. probably either go back to sleep or go check on Clarity
    “hey are you okay?”
    Clarity, half asleep, “yeah I think so?”
    “okay cool, some guy was worried about you,”
  3. mostly slow, nice music, things by mistki and doddie but Vice probably put MCR on there for when they hit shuffle all
  4. panic and apologies
  5. they’d lowkey be cute together, the chillest, hurt-comfortest couple ever, Noah would be up until two in the morning cuddling Ery after an episode.
  6. I don’t think Tempest knows what a pizza is, he’d just trust Clarity and Aiko, who would then choose the worst possible toppings on one half “oh you’ll live anchovies on pizza, and pineapple” and get what they want on the other half. Clarity would get lots of meat, and Aiko would lowkey be terrified, but not say anything, Aiko would get plain, and Clairty would openly be offended that she wouldn’t put anything on it.
  7. the movies, Leo would fall asleep and Sasha would be predicting everything until she realised Leo’s asleep and just carry him out of the theater.
  8. Tequila, Jevi doesn’t like singing but would do something that level of stupid to make her laugh.
  9. Flowers/chocolates, show up at his door with a confession that they’d practiced for two hours only to studder through the whole thing and almost cry at the end. Noah would die.
  10. Vice and Noah, Highnis steals Vice, Noah follows, teams with Clarity, steal Jevi’s van.
    Highnis stole Vice to give her therapy about how she’s more then her body, which Vice is sort of aware of by now, Clarity just flies Noah and her over the minions and throws Noah at Vice, “kiss the bride bitch,” and drags Highnis out, reminding him that he can’t fix everyone’s problems and kidnapping is considered rude.
1 Like