ii. The Coder's Society

coding
tcs

The Coder’s Society

» What can we use this thread for?
    » You can use this thread to test coding, show off coding, and ask for coding help.
» Is there a taglist?
    » Yes, there is! Just ask me and I’ll add you to it.
» Please refrain from using inspect element on other people’s code.
    » If you have a question on how to do something, just ask. :lumi:

previous thread ϟ next thread

#howtocode(on discourse) by eevee
HELP WITH MAKING A THREAD
Fantasy SYS Club Sub-Genres
People testing stuff
Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)
LGBT+ Writer's Group!
EBG chat area ~ 13th series ~ (Terry Edition! Huzzah I'm included!)
anyone know how to put a link in a specific part of an image?
Climbing the Cake Mountain (Stage One)
About the new Sharing Boards
The day wattpad starts charging readers to unlock stories is the day I will leave as a reader.
SHARE AESTHETIC STUFF.
A guide to the new threads

Resources

» #howtocode
» BBCode & HTML Text Colorizer
» Character Entity Reference Chart
» Color Names — HTML Color Codes
» Free Online HTML Escape / Unescape Tool
» Hello Color
» HTML Symbols, Entities, Characters and Codes — HTML Arrows
» Mastering Markdown
» Placeholder Image
» Proportionality Scale Calculator for Image Sizing
» Real-time HTML Editor
» Text Symbols
» Transparent Text Generator
» Tumblr Theme Tutorials
» uiGradients - Beautiful colored gradients

Taglist

@astrophile @caessium @Chewton @chlorine @coxkora @FetchingPenumbra @legendaky @lemonteas @LxOxGxIxA @newtabs @petty-vigilante @salemkeating @soundthealarm @theheraera @TheImperfectLife @virtualsirens

FIRST!

hello! can i be added to the taglist?

can I be added to the taglist as well please

question: do you guys know if it’s possible to do multiple drop shadows on text here using the text-shadow tag?

Unfortunately, I have no idea, but hopefully, someone else will be able to answer this.

TheBadBunnies (part 5)

Can we post here now? :no_mouth:

Anyway, question: what does display:block do?

I know that coding doesn’t work on here, and for some magical reason you guys are pulling it off and now you’ve got me super curious, you mind if I tag along?

New thread already, wow

Yes, you can! :lumi:

It makes span work like a div.

Here’s a link if you want to read more:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_display.asp

Of course! Anyone is welcome to join.

ikr? Last one ended rather fast.

which is great because I wanted to switch over to this new thread design

It did go fast! I do like this new coding too, the addition of the grey background is nice

Do negative work with vw? I’ve tried and it doesn’t seem to work, unless I’m going something wrong

Glad you like it! I’m a huge fan of how I was able to use more colors from the palette I used for the old thread. I think I’m using 4/5 of them now. The last one is dark enough to be close to black.

I’ll give it a go and see what happens.

This sentence has no margins.

This sentence has margin-left: -5px;

This sentence has margin-left: -5vw;

@soundthealarm I think I got it to work? At least it seems to work on my laptop.

This sentence has no margins.

<span style="font-size:; display: block; margin-left: -5px;">This sentence has `margin-left: -5px;`</span>

<span style="font-size:; display: block; margin-left: -5vw;">This sentence has `margin-left: -5vw;`</span>

I’m using padding cause when I do margins it’s moving the background image with the text instead of just text…

I think I’ll just show you this code so you can see… give me one sec

What kind of effect are you trying to create?

Alright.

<span style="font-size:;background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/hiRfNFF.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center;background-size:690px;width:690px;height:690px;margin:auto;display:block" title="cb sta"><span style="font-size:50px;font-family:century gothic;padding:12vw 0vw 0vw 31vw;color:#e2e91d;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;line-height:60px;text-shadow:2px 2px 7px black;display:block"><b>Ag<br>ust <br>d</b></span>
<span style="font-size:10px;font-family:century gothic;padding:1vw 0vw 0vw 37vw;color:#e2e91d;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:2px 2px 7px black;display:block"><b>Give <br>it to <br>me</b></span>

I can post a screenshot of what it looks like too