I'll read your stories!

Hello! I’m new to Wattpad therefore I know how hard it can be to get noticed. There are some really good books out there that deserve more attention. You can post your story below and I’ll start reading it as soon as I can. If I like it, I’ll continue or add it to a reading list. Fair?
But…

1. No fanfiction
  2. No thriller/horror (I just don’t read those shrugs)
  3. No mature content. (Violence and swearing are okay. Sexual content is good with me but as long as you keep a check on it, if you know what I mean).
    And one story per author please!

My favorite genres are: Teen fiction, life (slice of life), poetry, lgbt+ (preferably bxb if so), and sometimes fantasy.
I don’t really like vampire/werewolf but I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

Remember to include the title, book cover, a little description/summary, and the link so I know where to find it. :wink: And if you want feedback, just say so because I’d be glad to give it. Please be patient with me though because I can’t read all these books at once haha. I’ll try my best though and get there eventually.

Happy writing!

26 Likes

Hi! I wanted to ask: are you interested in teen fic and/or fantasy romance?

Title: Death of The Flowers
Genre: YA Fantasy
Description:

Aaron was never meant to be king.

He was a bastard, raised to be in the palace’s shadow, not ruling it. Never ruling it. However, when the king’s health starts to deteriorate and his true heir is nowhere to be seen, Aaron might just have to accept the crown.

Between fighting a mysterious group, trying to find his brother and trying to stay alive, Aaron realizes there is more to magic than what he’d always thought.
newcover

Hey @LilBlackRoses!

My WIP “Eternal Orchids” is kind of a weird story to describe but it’s a teen/young adult fantasy/romance, almost a bit gothic but not horror, with plenty of twists and turns… it’s different to a lot of stuff out there (hopefully!)

There is no mature content. Hope you like it, if you choose to take a look :blush: Feeback is always welcome!

ETERNAL ORCHIDS by Lucille Dixon
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/179210612-eternal-orchids

Orchids%20latest%20cover

The flowers are always in bloom at Edenhall Park…

When a beautiful but mysterious stranger offers nineteen-year-old Evelyn a fresh start, away from the tough life she’s been living on the streets, she jumps at the chance.

However, after arriving at the seemingly-magical Edenhall Park - an ancient, grand house where the young, beautiful and celebrated seem to live wild and free - Evelyn soon begins to realise things are not quite as they seem.

As Evelyn’s heart starts to fill with love and desire, it soon learns to ignore what her head is telling her and simply allow the beauty of Edenhall Park and all those who live there to consume her every fibre.

Can love really allow people to stay young and beautiful forever? Within the walls of Edenhall Park, it would appear so…

q]

Title: New World

Genre: Fantasy/Action-Adventure

Chapters: 32 (Ongoing, Updates Every Other Sunday) 1.5K Reads

Summary: New World, a novel telling the story of Anthony, a young boy who woke up with nothing but the clothes on his back, his name, and a single goal in mind: “Stay alive… Find the truth.” He is discovered by a mysterious yet trustworthy man who had been waiting for his arrival. Jay, a man clad in the same midnight as his hair, and with a beast-like gash running down his right eye. Despite the painful history behind such a scar; his scarlet eyes continued to burn bright with passion—and rage.

Anthony and Jay were both granted immeasurable power, and with the help of Ace, Jay’s trusty steed, our heroes set out into a journey that will test and push them past all mortal limits. Although, they never seem to be alone in this cruel world. The help of many friends that Jay calls family will always be near in their journey.

How far will they need to go? Will Jay and Anthony be enough to protect this world, or will the wonders of this world prove to be almighty, and take everything they fought for.

Link: New World

Please Come Check Out My Story. Thank You!

Well… If you want to give a fantasy/adventure/werewolf a try, maybe you’d consider my story :yellow_heart::blush:

Fractured Red

Redaliya learned quickly that the world doesn’t give second chances. After an ill-fated choice, her time is ticking; she goes in search of the only things she can’t have. A cure.
~~
A gift given, and the balance tipped;
there is always a penalty to be paid.

Longer Summary

If you asked shifters about a female named Opalescence Alkingsly they wouldn’t understand and if you asked them about the legend of Red, it sometimes sparked a distant memory worn away with the passage of time. However, more often than not it too would be met with a look of confusion.

Legends sometimes fade, forgotten, and lost within the past. But the few that remember, and pass on the tales, for them the legends live on.

~~

From the moment she was born, Red was destined to leave her mark on the world. Both blessed to make a change and cursed to find her end, she wants for something the world cannot give her. A second chance. Her visions were painful, driving her to stain her hands with blood. All Red ever wanted was to wash her hands clean, but as she learns quickly, some stains aren’t so easy to remove.

One family member dead, one curse, and one choice, was all it took to set her along a path with no way out. The consequences of one’s action never give second chances as Red finds out. She travels in search of a cure, and her past will affect her future.

In the end two will have died. One by Red’s hand and one will be her.

~~

Her tale, forgotten by many in the sands of time, her choices built a foundation.

EVE OF EDEN

BLURB

I was Adam’s wife, nothing more, nothing less. I was the perfect wife, ever the obedient, always patient. I did everything they told me to do–everything he told me to do, but in the end, none of it mattered.

My name is Eve, and I just got kicked out of Heaven.

EXCERPT

It’s freezing and my only protection against the elements is a thin silk dress that reaches mid-thigh. The biting wind throws my hair around my face, obscuring my view. My flesh erupts in goosebumps and I feel the telltale tightness of my nipples pebbling. A flash of pain runs its fingers down my back as I pull my wings out, covering my body in its warm, feathery embrace. My wings are still here. Warm relief washes over me.

REVIEWS

"I absolutely loved your style! The descriptions were immersive and detailed, but not overbearingly so.”
-cjemrys

“I’m hooked, in the first couple of paragraphs alone. I love your interpretation of Hell and Lucifer. I’m enjoying where this is leading. I need to know more.”
-Lovefromlea

“This humor plays well, good stuff!”
-KedwardStewart

LINK HERE

Coded by DarlaCassic. Get your own personalized post here.

Title: Idyllic

Genre: Romance

Summary: Remini Phoenix, a usually easy going, but recently downhearted teenage girl, moves to a seemingly idealistic town in California. Her parents divorce leaves her bitter enough to expect nothing much from her new surroundings-- but loneliness and discomfort.

Instead she quickly befriends her next door neighbor Ethan Jackson, and his two best friends, budding twin sister and brother, Olivia and Oliver Wheeler.

She finds a slight comfort in her new set of friends and others in the neighborhood. Even developing a crush on a friendly volleyball player who seems to be only socially acceptable to others because of wealth and looks.

All seems well until Remini unintentionally realizes that nothing about her peers is “idealistic”, everyone has secrets and flaws. Even the people she never thought could have any.

Link: https://my.w.tt/D07iC16HDZ

Yup! That sounds good.

I would love feedback & constructive criticism

Ryland Beckett was kissed by tragedy. She coped by blending into a sea of jocks and becoming one of the guys. At 17 she was a full on Tom Boy. By day her oversized clothing made her unremarkable but behind clothes doors under the secrets of moonlight she was beautiful and unbroken. To impress her long standing crush, August Jenson, she decides to take racy photos of herself. What she didn’t expect was for them to fall into the wrong hands and go viral in her small town. She certainly did not expect a video of her to be leaked online. And no part of her expected to fall into the mysterious world of the internet, private browser tabs, and an entire online world of sex.

Click here to read Viral

My story is YA/NA slice of life. Maybe you’re interested. No sexual content, but there are some mentions of sex because teens :joy:.

cover2

Title: Because You’re Different
Genre: YA/NA Romance
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/175919565-because-you’re-different

Blurb:
What if your body doesn’t always do what you want it to do?

For June, this isn’t a question, but a daily reality. As a fourteen-year-old with cerebral palsy, frequently dropping stuff and being stared at by complete strangers is nothing out of the ordinary. Other than that, life is great, until her parents decide to move to California.

With all her friends miles away and nobody there to protect her from boys stealing your lunch, school becomes a lot more complicated than it had been. Then, she befriends Sam Redstone, a shy boy who’d always been invisible to others.

June’s days improve drastically with Sam by her side, and when she meets his older brother Nathan, she finally believes her cousin Valentina might have been right about sexy California guys. Slowly, she and Nathan develop a unique friendship, one that, June finds herself hoping, might someday turn into something more. But as the years go by, she’s starting to think she might never be with him that way, or any other man for that.

1 Like

Ok then ^-^
Below, are clickable ads that lead you straight to the story. I hope you enjoy them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s mine. It’s a recently completed romance with supernatural and fantasy elements, it is a vampire romance sort of thing, but I really hope you give it a chance and enjoy. Be sure to stop by and drop some comments in the story and let me know your thoughts!

Edit: just got a new cover for this book

Title: Blood of Darkness

Summary: Inspired by Hades and Persephone

“Sometimes death isn’t the end. Sometimes people come back.”

~*~

Selena Silvers is an ordinary girl who loves to paint. She goes to school and works at a bookshop in Blackfell. Pretty ordinary. Except for two tiny details. One, she has an extraordinary ability to feel the emotions of those around her. Two, almost every night when she closes her eyes, she sees a gorgeous man with hair as black as night and eyes as gray as the sea after a storm. The problem is that she has no idea who he is or even if he’s real. Will she ever find out? And what other secrets are hiding in the darkness of the night?

~*~

Damien Drake is the eldest of the six Drake siblings and is forced to take the throne after his Father is murdered. Oh and the fun part? He’s a vampire surrounded by all the darkness that comes with being one. Dealing with loss has never been Damien’s strong suit and he’s gotten to a point where he forces himself to bury all of his emotions deep down and builds his walls up so high. Will his siblings or anyone else be able to reach him? And will he ever defeat the person responsible for his Father’s death?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/191987540-blood-of-darkness

Rated mature due to possible graphic content (it’s due to some violent scenes, I don’t think they’re that graphic, but I’d rather be safe than sorry)

Also the sequel to Blood of Darkness is out as well. It’s a work in progress, but again I hope you enjoy and stop by and drop some comments in the story and let me know your thoughts. Be sure to read Blood of Darkness before checking out the sequel, Soul of Shadows!

Title: Soul of Shadows

Summary: Sequel to Blood of Darkness
Inspired by Hades and Persephone

“Sometimes in our darkest moments…we just need to know our family is there.”

~*~

It’s been three weeks since Stefan Drake left Blackfell. Three weeks away from his family. Stefan’s desire to stay away coupled with his immense pain over the loss of someone close to him sends him into a vicious downward spiral. But without any of his family around, who or what will bring him back and help him heal?

~*~

Sorina Drake has spent the last three weeks helping Selena Mercer get ready for her wedding. But she’s also been spending more time with Mason Wilder, the attractive Hunter that is staying in Cygnus Keep. Will Sorina finally accept her feelings for Mason and will Mason finally be able to get rid of his Hunter identity?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/198856655-soul-of-shadows

Rated mature due to possible graphic content (it’s due to some violent scenes, I don’t think they’re that graphic, but I’d rather be safe than sorry)

1 Like

I have a YA fantasy/romance that you could look at! But the romance has no sexual content, just fluffy love between two besties :slight_smile:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166762806-bearheart

Far in the Frozen North live the Rogalanders, the so-called “bear-people.” Every year, the devout who are coming of age receive a tattoo - a Mark of Endil, which reveals to its bearer the destiny that the gods wrote for them.

The day of Hala Freylisdotter’s Marking, originally supposed to bring with it joy and celebration, is ruined by an unexpected murder. The subsequent arrival of a bloody woman from a rival nation forces Hala to choose between the safety of home and the promise of glory for fulfilling her fate. She and her friends embark on a cross-continental mission, during which they discover a conspiracy and are thrust into the dangerous underbelly of international politics.

In the face of betrayal and death, the young Rogalanders are forced to break old relationships, forge new bonds, and grapple with the answer to one question: how much are you willing to sacrifice to protect your country?

1 Like

Hi! My story is a teen fiction/ romance kinda thing so I think you will enjoy it

Also it would be great if you could give me feedback too! I’d love to hear it
It’s called Dream with Me

Link: https://my.w.tt/pj58Mp7JDZ

Summary

Life is all just a game. You get what you are given and you either run or you make the most of it. So when things finally seemingly go well for Aurora, she decides to ignore all the questionable things and just enjoy life. Thinking this life and Theo, the guy she starts to catch feelings for were going to be forever, turns out forever isn’t as long as you may think.

Hey there ^-^ I’ve got a completely non-mature Fantasy book for you, if you want? And although it does have vampires/werewolves, the book isn’t based around their existence, they just happen to be that race.

BD

Blaze in the Darkness

High Fantasy

The death of the Beast Collector was the beginning of a new life for firefox kit Zanixa.

Sold to a werewolves as an illusion in a bottle, the pack is reluctant to take responsibility for the fox kit who is alone in the world. Now she’s freed after centuries of imprisonment, the pack’s resident vampire takes care of her.

Zanixa has other ideas than staying with them, though. She is eager to find her mother… if her mother is still alive. The world is a big, dangerous place for a young magical fox who knows nothing about werewolf wars, hungry rogues, or nature spirits.

Here’s the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I have a completed Teen-Fiction novella that you might be interested in! :blush:

gKaRK19

Title: The Red Ribbon

Genre: Teen-Fiction

Blurb: It’s the beginning of a new school year as elite junior Ravenna Griselda continues her reign of terror over the student body after the infamously traumatizing events of sophomore year. Thanks to the Inquisitors, an openly secret organization within the private school, Ravenna, alongside her puppets, begin to master the art of real-life chess. As the months progress, the Inquisitors grow not only smarter, but bolder as they take a leap over a dangerous line they’ve never crossed before. So when a revenge plan takes an unexpected turn, deep rooted secrets are suddenly spilled. Through betrayals, backlash, and intricate conspiracies, Ravenna only remains with one last question: which one of them is the real monster?

Link: https://my.w.tt/2JOoM7JIqY

1 Like

newproject_1_original-46

Never Have I Ever

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/34153408-never-have-i-ever

Summary: After almost four years of being stepsiblings with her first crush, seventeen-year-old Maria Byers’ buried feelings are starting to resurface. She feels more drawn to her stepbrother, Jason Ward, than ever before when a fire burns down their house and Jason becomes her rock and her go-to for emotional support. What caused the house fire? Does Jason feel the same way about Maria? And even if he did, could they ever really be together? She doesn’t want to put a six year long friendship at stake, but the heart wants what it wants, and she’s spent enough years trying to deny it.

12 chapters + a prologue so far and I’m working on chapter 13 as we speak! :heart:

Genres: Drama | Romance | Teen Fiction | Humor

This book recently won 3rd place in the #YouCanDoAnything Awards out of all genres!!

Also, I wouldnt mind feedback when you get around to reading! :slight_smile:

Well I do write fanfiction, however it’s so abstract that the character’s names are the only thing that links it back to the show. If this isn’t a deterrent for you I’ve got a story that falls into some of your categories there, a teen fiction bxb love story that’s very emotionally riveting, with enough angst and raw emotions to get anyone flipping through the chapters. It follows John Watson as a teenager, in which he’s the star of the soccer team and a very well liked boy throughout the school. His temper is tried when Sherlock Holmes oversteps his boundaries, and in doing so effectively ruins John’s reputation around the school. In an attempt to get back at him for such insolence, John plots a revenge plot that is intended to humiliate Sherlock in front of the school. Instead, however, the prank allows John see Sherlock from another angle and begin to appreciate him for who he really is. As John’s deceit continues on he finds himself falling in love, though very soon the axe must fall, and when the truth comes out it’s negotiable who will be the one to suffer the most. This story is called I Know Your Face, by DrJohnHolmes!
https://www.wattpad.com/story/107028187-i-know-your-face

Hey, I hope you might find my story interesting! Book 1 has already finished and book 2 is ongoing. I hope you give it a try and tell me what you think!
Genre: science fiction, dystopian (not that heavy, light humour)

Holding%20on%20to%20you%20-%20sticker%201
When Erin and Silas, sister and brother, get separated from each other by the Supreme, everything changes for both of them.
Erin doesn’t know what to do with herself. Up until now, her life had been to take care of her younger brother.
Silas has lost everything he has ever known and is thrust into a different world. He must stand on his own for the first time in his life, without the help of his sister.
Both of them are trying to do their best in these difficult times.
What does it mean to be yourself, when your life changes so much, you have to change with it? Who is right, and who is wrong?
What is happening behind closed doors, and is being whispered?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/633786385-holding-on-to-you-book-1-wattys2019-chapter-1-erin