I'm Offering my services

To all those who need someone else to read your story.
I don’t have a story online yet but when I do it’s up to you to do the search and the read ONLY if you’re interested. Let’s say for now my services are FREE.

The only issue is I need you to follow these rules to post your story below.
For those who do not follow, I’ll not read your story. Cool?

1. Stories from these genres are allowed: Action, Horror, Thriller, Mystery and Fantasy. (Anything else, so sorry not interested)
  2. Completed stories, I prefer because I HATE waiting for chapters to be uploaded.
  3. Must be in English, if you need help correcting your grammar or anything please email me on: thereader112233445566@gmail.com
    and I’ll edit your work only if you give me time to…
  4. Fill out this form:
    a) Title of Story:
    b) Name of Author:
    c) Date Story was written:
    d) how many reads so far
    e) what’s unique about your story. name one thing only.
    f) summary of story 50 words or less.
    g) logline of story
    h) What do you need me to do exactly, be specific. Choose one thing: Critique, just read or comment?
    I) Want any tips on how to improve?
  5. I’ll allow other genres on one condition, LESS than 100 people read the story.

Thanks

Hello,
How many books per person?
(I have 2)

1 Like

It’s as the saying goes first come first serve… so as many you have post them here :smiley:

1 Like

Okay cool!

a) Title of Story: Danger Is My Middle Name
b) Name of Author: PenNameCrystalVibe
c) Date Story was written: August 2018 - February 2018
d) how many reads so far: 614
e) what’s unique about your story.
The idea behind it deals with the sub-conscience almost entirely. Not like the matrix or anything like that, like real life sub-conscience.
Cassie Clouds is a girl stuck in a world of her own making and she just doesn’t know it. When she starts getting flashes of different ‘worlds’ her whole view on her life if flipped on its head. She must follow all of the clues hidden in plain sight to try and escape the hell she created. (This is a wip)
g) logline of story
(This is basically that same as a summary. I just looked it up)
h) What do you need me to do exactly, be specific. Choose one thing: Critique, just read or comment?
Critique.
Anything you can find!

a) Title of Story: Help! I’m Falling.
b) Name of Author: PenNameCrystalVibe
c) Date Story was written: July 2017 - May 2019
d) how many reads so far? 1.82k
e) what’s unique about your story.
I liked to play around with physically manifesting human traits.
When Thomas’ fear of rejection portrays onto one of his traits, things get a little hectic. In all the choas a new trait arises, conpsiring to take control of Thomas. Will this trait succeed? (this is a wip)
Critique
Anything you find.

The first story is Mystery/Thriller
The second story is Fanatasy

1 Like

a) Title of Story: Living Monsters (horror/mystery)
b) Name of Author: me! (DoraTonks)
c) Date Story was written: 2015
d) how many reads so far: 352
e) what’s unique about your story. name one thing only. You might need to be a bit familiar with horror tropes because I deconstruct a trope or two that I see overused often.
f) summary of story 50 words or less. An unpopular musician in a failing marriage feels his presence no longer necessary to his family. Mystery unfolds as ghostly events occur, and although a non-believer, he begins to unravel the truth while finding meaning to live. (there are a lot of subtle clues in this one, so try to read it with that in mind!)
g) logline of story: Did you mean blurb? A legally separated couple faces monsters, dead and alive.
h) What do you need me to do exactly, be specific. Choose one thing: Critique, just read or comment? Whichever you’d like, you can critique or just provide feedback/comments. I’m in need of both.
I) Want any tips on how to improve? Sure! Reader response seems split, some comprehending the ending and some feeling confused. I may have made things too subtle, or haven’t provided enough clues. Hard to say, since the clues are subtle as is.

1 Like

Since @PenNameCrystalVibe and @DoraTonks were first to respond, these two will have top priority.
As for the rest… They must wait their turn.
And in the word of horror:
MUAHAHAHAHAHHA…

1 Like

a) Title of Story:
The Kingfisher
b) Name of Author:
Park Shinri
c) Date Story was written:
May 2019
d) how many reads so far:
e) what’s unique about your story. name one thing only.
It has multiple POV’s.
Basically a group of strangers with different abilities that embark on a journey to find an artifact (the Kingfisher, duh), which contains information on how to gain magical powers. The characters are a gang leader, a thief, a spy, a princess gone rogue and a fire-ice manipulator (hence the multiple POV’s)
g) logline of story:
Five strangers. Five motives. One target.
I’d prefer inline comments on specific parts of the story that you feel like you need to comment on, but anything you feel comfortable with is fine by me! :smile:
Yes, please! It’s a new story, so I want it to be as good as possible right now. It’s not completed like you would prefer (I currently have 7 chapters published and another two waiting to be published), but obviously I don’t expect you to wait for each chapter. If you do accept me, you can just critique the ones that are already published :sparkles: I publish every Sunday, but due to the fact that it’s Watty’s season, I will probably do double updates more often.

I know this is probably not your cup of tea, but thank you for considering me!

Loved the first story, it deserves a sequel. (YOU BETTER DO A 2ND ONE!!)
I’m reading the 2nd one now.

1 Like

I’ll look at yours after the rest of the other stories, as I’m giving priority to other genres if that’s okay.

Hi :slight_smile: Requesting your service.

a) Title of Story: The Scepter of Tamido

b) Name of Author: @TheTigerWriter

c) Date Story was written: Jun 8, 2019 (I know it doesn’t say completed. That’s because there are two books inside the one master book. Book One has recently been completed and it is the only one available to read.)

d) how many reads so far: 1071 reads (this includes reads from before the story was unpublished and after the story was reuploaded)

e) what’s unique about your story. name one thing only: a blue cat anthro as MC

f) summary of story 50 words or less. Pinti feel survivors’ guilt after her clan was murdered by their mortal enemy. She doesn’t feel like there’s much purpose for her until she finds another like her who lost his family. Together they must go and find the ancient scepter which can destroy the enemies.

g) logline of story: Pinti believed the scepter was a legend, but learns it isn’t and now she must go and find it to avenge her clan while going against many struggles.

h) What do you need me to do exactly, be specific. Choose one thing: Critique, just read or comment? Comment

I) Want any tips on how to improve? If you happen to notice some really strange things. Something that stands out like “whoa, what the heck is this thing!” I would appreciate if you let me know. I edited the heck out of book one the best to my ability but I may have missed something.

Thank you for considering! Btw, the genre is YA Fantasy.

I guess I could use your services too :smile:

Sorry submissions are closed!

To all those who require beta readers, you can answer my post and I can help you out :smiley: I see Mr. @DesmundHale is a bit of a party pooper. SOrry for asking for your service.

I’m not denying that I’ve received a lot of documents and stories and people have bombarded me with their stories, but it’s you who I don’t want to read for. :smiley:

You’re rude. I haven’t done anything wrong and you can ask many who I’ve helped with their stories. You don’t have to be mean because you don’t critique properly! I mean it’s fine and nice are not helpful constructive words to use for us writers! If I’m wrong please correct me.

1 Like

You’re right, I wasn’t helpful at all with you and I’m sorry, it’s just I’ve been having a dry patch with my writing and I don’t know what to do… I am not a good critique anyway. I don’t know what to criticizes and if I do will I hurt feelings. I hate hurting people’s feelings.

1 Like

Do you need help with creating somehting??

1 Like

No thank you @DinaHusseini84 I’m fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.