I'm really confused about this community, help

ok so I know this will sound dumb, but I have been browsing wattpadwriters for a while and I need some help, lol.
I am not new to wattpad BUT I am really new to wattpad community.
There are topics out there with really fun contents and I would really want to participate and reply, but there are 5k replies and I was like how can I know what is the most updated reply? I felt left out just by encountering that because idk what to reply afterall. I tried the summary function but I don’t think it works for me. I know the answer may be really simple, but I just suck at technological things…

I saw people saying that being active here can gain many friends, can someone give me some tips? I am just genuinely confused about everything (like what is the ChuckTaylor thing), so if you think your random tips can help, spill them ALL out for me, THANK YOU.

have a nice day xx

Hey there :slight_smile: Welcome to the forums. I’m Nab =]

You can read this article for more information: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/200774304-About-Community

You can have a look at these threads for more help: A guide to the new threads

Here are the Trust Levels: Trust Levels: What are they and how do they work

You can ask the ambassadors for help here: Ask the Ambassadors Anything!

Hey there! I’m Phoenix.
Welcome to the forums!
Next to the thread title it says the amount of days that it has been active. A little more to the right you can see the total amount of responses and if you click there it will send you straight to the last reply.
Threads are fun but it can be tricky if you’re not used to group chats.
If you haven’t passed the first tutorial I advise you to do it. It gives you the first trust levels. Also can check the links shared above by @Nablai

And the rest is just being yourself. Is the best way of getting friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seconded. Just be yourself. You’ll find somewhere.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forums :smile_cat:

You’ve already gotten some good advice here, so I’m just going to add that you can browse the clubs and see what interests you. If you are mainly looking to chat, then the #the-cafe should be your club of choice, while if you are looking for ways to give and receive tips about writing, then you can do so in the #improve-your-writing club. There are also genre clubs here: #genre-clubs. If you want to advertise your story, you can do that in the #share-your-story club.

You can sort the posts according to ‘latest’ by clicking on ‘Community’ and then selecting ‘Latest’ right on top where you find ‘Categories’. That way you can see if a thread is still active.

Since you mentioned ChuckTaylor: this is a thread that has been created to encourage networking amongst writers. There are daily topics in the thread about writing/marketing etc. You are welcome to join any thread, just make sure you check out the first post to see what is it about.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. There are always users or moderators around who are happy to help. :smile:

1 Like

Uhhh Hi. I’m new to Wattpad and I just stumbled across this place. It is very confusing and I need help. There are like some advice but the one thing I am confused about is its purpose. I know I am really ignorant so can someone humour me and tell me what this place is about please?

1 Like

As someone who runs one of those big threads, just drop in and say hi! We dont mind. We love absorbing new members into our chat groups ^^
As long as the thread is in the cafe section, you’re welcome to just chat and hang out.
Things like Chuck Taylors are specifically for talking about writing :slight_smile:

@keepthywits Welcome to Wattpad and the community forums :slight_smile: I’m Nab =]

The Wattpad Community forums can be great fun. You get to meet other users, make some great friends, and find some amazing stories to read. You can even tell others about your own stories, or some brilliant stories that you have come across on Wattpad. There’s always some activity/discussion going on at the forums. You can start your own thread too.

You can read this article for more details: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/200774304-About-Community

You can have a look at these threads for more help: A guide to the new threads

You can ask the ambassadors for help here: Ask the Ambassadors Anything!

You can read Flora’s @floranocturna post for more information: