Inline media

feedback_writing

Hey!
Recently, I’ve decided to get fancy and created a scene divider to use on my chapters (because for some reason, I can’t centre anything on the web and it’s really annoying to go to the app to edit my chapters just to centre the asterisks between the scenes, which I find more aesthetically pleasing than them being left-aligned. Anyway, that’s not what this is about.)

So, originally I made a pretty small PNG file with a transparent background. After I tested it, it turns out that wattpad automatically enlarges the image and gives it a grey background. Not very pleasing. I worked around it by adding some empty space on the sides and a white background. Looks fine… On the light theme.

So, I have two questions:

• Is there any possibility that the display of inline media will be updated sometime in the future?
  • For those who also use dividers and other similar media that’s supposed to have a transparent background - maybe someone has found a way to adapt them to look nice on the other themes as well?

I’ve had the same problem. I also like using asterisks that are centered as dividers. Sadly, the website NEVER lets me save them that way. What do I do? I manually count out a number of spaces that puts them in the middle… on my screen, anyway. If they’re not in the middle for other window configurations or on other devices, well… at least it’s consistent? I couldn’t get a PNG to work out either.

Really wish they would fix it.