Over the last few months, we were beta testing a new feature with a select number of writers on our platform, to capture their feedback and understand the feature’s ability to help them develop their writing craft over time.
Today, we launch this exciting new tool to enable Wattpad writers to access fast, confidential, and actionable feedback on their stories. Introducing: Story Insights, available only from Wattpad. We know that every great story is shaped by an amazing editor. With Story Insights, there’s an easy and fast way to uncover insights that will empower you to take your own story to the next level.
The tool is initially being rolled out to writers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the Philippines, for stories written in the English language.
So, what’s this new tool all about?
We designed the Story Insights tool is to empower you, our valued writers, so you can hone your craft and get primed for professional writing opportunities on Wattpad and beyond.
Using the tool, you can create a Story Insights report, generated using a machine-learning algorithm, unique to Wattpad. It evaluates your story against Watty Award-winning stories, Paid Stories, and Wattpad Books in order to rate your Writing Complexity and Reading Accessibility. It also analyzes your story to highlight Reading Time, Sentence Length, Adverb Usage, and Word Repetition by part, while giving you benchmarks for each of these metrics. Having this feedback will help simplify your editing process, and enable you to improve both the quality and success of your storytelling.
Writers can purchase the report for an introductory price of USD $19.99. This is a one-time purchase, available on desktop web and purchases are non-refundable.
Wattpad Stars enjoy unlimited Story Insights
As part of our continued investment in the Wattpad Stars program and the writers that make it the wonderful talent pool that it is today, Stars can enjoy an introductory offer of running the Story Insights report free of charge, on all their stories.
What to know before you start
- To ensure the report is as accurate as possible:
- Your story must be written in English
- Your story must be published on Wattpad
- Your story must comprise of narrative storytelling, and not poetry.
- While having a Completed story is not a requirement, the minimum length of your story should be around 3,000 words.
- The tool only takes published parts into account. Any parts you wish to have reviewed should be published on Wattpad, and not hidden away in your drafts until the time you have received your report.
- You should ideally only include published parts that you consider completed, excluding content such as author’s notes, cast and character descriptions, playlist recommendations, etc. for the purposes of the report
How to purchase the Story Insights Report
- Sign in to your account on www.wattpad.com using a desktop or laptop device.
- Select “My Stories” from the “Write” drop-down menu on the top right of the page.
- Click the “Stats” button on the story you wish to get feedback on, followed by the “Story Insights” tab.
- Click “Get report” and enter your payment details on the next screen. If your payment is successful, your report will be updated in the Story Insights tab within 24-48 hours and you will be notified in your Wattpad Inbox.
We hope you find this new feature to be a useful addition to your writing journey. We’d love to get your feedback on your experience with the Story Insights report and what you would like to see next, so feel free to use this space to send in your suggestions.