Introvert up for meeting new writers/readers

Hiya,

I’m an introverted writer and reader and I’d love to meet other readers and writers, to connect both here and through the Wattpad profiles. I’m not the best with breaking the ice, but I’ll give it a shot.

I’d love to hear about your story - how you found Wattpad, why you’re here, and what you’d like to do (future goals/dreams).

About myself:
I’ve been writing since my teens and studied journalism. I was a silent reader on Wattpad before I dared push out one of my stories about a year ago. Since then I haven’t looked back.

I’ve been through the highs and lows on this platform, but it’s mainly been a positive experience. To be honest, I wouldn’t know what I’d do without Wattpad, because it’s prepared me toward being a published writer (a romance publisher has accepted one of my books).

I write romance and non-fiction and hope to expand to other genres. I read most genres - not a fanfic reader but I’ve found a few good ones. Right now I’m swamped with offline projects, but I’ll continue looking for undiscovered gems to read and support. I’m active in social media and use it as a way to promote undiscovered Wattpad writers with amazing stories from time to time.

I’d love to hear your story about being a reader, writer, and your Wattpad journey! :blush:

Hi

I’ve been a silent reader for a few years and finally got the guts to start publishing my story over 6 weeks ago :slight_smile: I’m happy I did and I’m happy you did!
I’m working on a werewolf novel myself, in between work, kids and studies.

<3

3 Likes

Hello there,

Another introvert here reporting for duty. I’m mostly a reader here, although I have been trying to write original stories for years now. My only finished story is a fanfic that took me about 4 years to complete and it was such a herculean effort, that it drained me for while (also because English is not my first language and that was more or less a test for me, can I write proper stories in English). Since then I’ve concentrated more on original content.

I have multiple stories in works, one low fantasy one, one dystopian/cannibalistic/angsty love story and a trilogy in a modern, fictional kingdom, that revolves around the members of the royal family.

It’s nice to hear that your experience here is been mostly positive. Hope you find good people and maybe even friends from here :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

@WolfUnderTheMoon89 That’s really wonderful to hear! Congratulations :blush:

2 Likes

@Phedoria that’s terrific that you’re writing - what kind of fanfic is it? I like the variety of books you’ve got. I’ll have to check it out.

2 Likes

Ooh I love the cover of your book - I just had a sneak peak. :heart: The description sounds interesting.

1 Like

It’s a Skyrim fanfic, but I never uploaded it here. I considered it, but…nah, since it’s so frigging long (it swelled up as I went along), I never got around to it. Also, sorry to disappoint you but none of those stories I mentioned are finished yet, but there’s really no point in going to check my profile out. Maybe one day. :smiley:

Im really happy with it. My friend made it for me!

I’d love to see some of your work though - can you send me a link to your Wattpad profile?

2 Likes

She did a great job. I’ve connected with you on Wattpad so I can check out your book later when I’ve offloaded a few projects.

1 Like

you’re really kind. ^^

<3

Heya, how’s it going?

1 Like

HI mage!

Hey! Fancy seeing you here =)

hey @Rainbow-Mage :blush:

Nice to meet you! Are you a reader or writer or both?

That’s awesome and a huge huge achievement!!! I always wonder how people manage so congrats!

1 Like

I am mostly a writer but I am trying to read more WP books, mostly works of the folks in the threads I frequently post in. I write fantasy, romance, and short story. My newest project is a dark romance fantasy mystery

2 Likes

Tears and sweat along the process. :sweat_smile:I started it in 2017 and put it on hold until last year when another Wattpad writer gave me a good kick up the backside to do something with the story during private chats. One of the reasons why I’m glad I found this platform - I was searching for free books to read and did a Google search. How did you find Wattpad?

1 Like

I did trough a friend, the one that made the characters with me :slight_smile: and she cheered me on to start writing the story
ANd wow, you’re an example to me ^^

1 Like