Is the mute function glitching for anyone else?

question
glitches
problem

(I’m new to posting questions to the forum, so if I do anything wrong, please let me know! I’m here to be a positive contribution to the Wattpad community :slight_smile:)

Today, I went to my “ignored list” of muted users under my profile settings, and I was shocked to see that it only had two users. I know that I have muted users in the past who spammed my books and harassed other users in the comments (as well as a whole bunch of spam bots, but maybe (hopefully) those were deleted). The users that I muted due to harassment or spam still exist, so how did they become unmuted?

I know that at least one other person who’s had this problem, where a user that they know they muted was able to PM them and/or comment on their books because they somehow became unmuted.

What’s the deal? How this happening? Is there some kind of glitch with the mute button, and if so, how is it being addressed? Because I would very much appreciate being able to mute harassment and know that the user will stay muted for the foreseeable future. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

This sounds like a bug more than a feature suggestion! If you’re experiencing any bugs, please contact Support so we can help: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’ll be unlisting this thread, and if you have any questions, please let me know. :blush:

unlisted #3