Is there any Book Club for fanfiction?

Hello!
I’m new, so I still have to understand how the forum and wattpad itself works. Reading around it seemed to me to understand that, especially for those who are newcomers, it is very useful to be enrolled in these “Book Club” but I can’t find any for Fan Fiction genre. Can anyone tell me if something like this exists?
And exactly what do these clubs consist of? I really want to sign up but I’m not finding anything!

1 Like

I don’t think these exist. I know of some profiles for specific fandoms that do though, but not like a general Fanfiction one.

2 Likes

There was one, but it hasn’t been updated since June.

1 Like

same! I’m also looking for that Fan Fiction book club but I can’t seem to find it.

3 Likes

I understand … are there any special requirements if you wanted to open one? as I said, I still don’t understand how it works and I think it could help many other users as well as me!

1 Like

If you guys find one let me know! I would love to join one

2 Likes

@Elyy08
@KawaiiBlue2003
@JiminAyz
@MaskedParkers

I’d love to help organize some sort of community/ general fanfiction club with some assistance. Let’s chat a bit and do something together. Maybe open a book on WP and have some book of the week/month thing? Could be fandomblind as well depending on how wide spread the general fandoms are.

4 Likes

Sure, I’d be down!

1 Like

I’m totally on it! This is a brilliant idea!

I was thinking … especially as it is difficult for new writers to read their work immediately to the community … we could also make a space for new stories (like under the thousand readings) as a “weekly” advice for the “best” ones … I don’t know if I explained myself well :joy:
Something like “hidden gems”…:thinking:

2 Likes

All down for supporting new writers and the hidden gem/rec corner. Sounds nice. Maybe we should make some sort of plan who hosts, categories and such and after that proceed to make a few posts here on the forum and maybe even on reddit in the fanfic sub. I know wattpad authors there are mostly silent about the site cause people believe ao3 superior.

2 Likes

I would like to join something like that if it ever becomes a thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love this idea! I don’t have an account on reddit, but for something like this I can definitely create one!

1 Like

@Elyy08 If you want I have an account purely made for that sub so I don’t post personal things unrelated to writing and fandom stuff. I can make a post maybe with the link to the then existing book on wattpad. But if you want to do it of course I’m juat offering. :slight_smile:

Also I guess the most important thing is that we have an existing host and generally people moderating and picking books and maybe write something about them like you said in maybe a section like “hidden gem/recommendation”.

I think people joining or asking to get their work introduced should come easier especially when it exists and is advertised.

1 Like

Oh thank you! :heart:
I would really appreciate it!

Also I guess the most important thing is that we have an existing host and generally people moderating and picking books and maybe write something about them like you said in maybe a section like “hidden gem/recommendation”.

I willingly offer myself to moderate if there is need! :joy: But to create it from “zero” I wouldn’t know where to start but if you need a hand I gladly offer it! it’s a nice project and it would be really nice if it succeeded

Tbh I never was in one if the clubs so I guess I’d look how this could work and make a post asking if anyone is willing to help.

Thanks I’ll definitely keep it in mind and get back to you :blush:

1 Like

Now… who wants to create this? :joy: I can definitely be a model and help, but I don’t think I can actually run it.

1 Like

I didn’t even know people talked about Wattpad on Reddit. Now, I’m worried what people might be saying about my works. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Works don’t get discussed there except recs and self discussion. It’s just general agreement wattpad isn’t the favourite platform to post fanfic.

2 Likes

Lowkey want someone to recommend me. :joy:

But I wonder why they hate Wattpad so much. And why FF.net isn’t even mentioned.

i wish that i could find book clubs for fanfics on here. i know a lot of people shit on wattpad fanfics but there are a lot of gems on here. but yeah id love to be a part of a fanfic book club/ discussion thingy if i could find one. i think its also an issue because theres so many categories within fanfics

1 Like