Is your story interesting? [Based on title + summary]

writing

7/10
Interesting title, but the summary is too vague for me to really know what the story is about, which may deter readers. I’d suggest adding at least a little bit of background info about your characters and their world and what distinguishes this story from others.

Six Feet Under
The future always has to suffer the consequences of the past. That’s just the way the world works.

Reese knows this. Her life was ruined by the mistakes of people past. By numbers they thought were small, insignificant, trivial things. Four degrees Celsius was all it took to raise the water levels six feet. six feet was all it took to send her home, and her entire life, to the bottom of the ocean.

Now, she is forced to evacuate to the City-State of Russfall, whose inhabitants are unwilling to take in refugees, whose limits cannot contain all of the survivors for an extended amount of time, and whose governmental system is on the verge of collapse.

Reese was lucky to survive, she is quite aware of this fact. Some of the people she saw every day were gone because of The Flood. But she can’t help but feel that’d she’d rather be under the waves as well.

8/10
I like that you switch the meaning of the words six feet under a bit to signify water isn’t of earth. I do like apocalyptic-y books as well. For me, there’s something missing. I feel like it needs a little bit more foreboding as to why she would rather have drowned too.

The Black Craft
As a little girl, Dahlia Craft witnessed her mother being murdered by her father on the darkest of winter nights. Left with the horrifying image, Dahlia wasn’t able to fully come to terms with what happened, until she finds out that she and her family are witches. With her dad’s sudden disappearance after his crime, Dahlia must learn to master magic and face the monster that’s lurking in the shadows before using her gifts to stop a war of which no witch has ever seen.

7/10
I don’t know if I’m completely honest, if I would read this because I’m not really fond of the “war” aspects in books, I feel like they are over done, Werewolf books are usually Werewolf vs Rogues or Pack vs Pack and Vampires are pretty much the same thing, and I feel like it’s probably a great book- It’s just my strongest argument to not read it.

Also another complaint maybe it’s just too much? It’s a paragraph and I’m being hit with all this stuff, Oh she watched her mother die, Oh her father disappeared, OH Now they are witches, Oh there’s a monster, Look a war. She has all of this on her sholders- As a reader when seeing all this I would be concerned about if these be glossed over and barely spoken about or will they be over stated and over dramatized or somewhere in the middle.

Perhaps you could try either making the description longer and more detailed to make it feel like it’s not being piled on at once?
(I’m sorry if that was harsh I just wanted to be completely honest <3)

No Soul

Marie turner is a girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was captured by the school of darkness to be experimented on. The group know only as The Five who are masters of deceit and torture are placed in control of these experiments in order to prove to the board that they are prepared to graduate at top of the class. Marie although at first sees no redeemable qualities starts to find herself slipping more and more into their world, embracing their darkness. Forgetting who she is day by day. Is there a way for freedom for Marie? Or is she doomed for the darkness that surrounds the five?

8/10. I would put quotes around The Five example: ‘The Five’. Other than that I love your blurb. It keeps me on the edge and wanting more. Though it doesn’t tell me much about Marie. I would suggest to maybe add in something about her personality.

The Bad Boy, The Golden Boy and Me.

Summary

“You’re going to fall for me, Kara, no matter how hard you try to resist. The good girl always falls for the bad boy,” he smirked.

Eastridge and Westwood have been rivalling schools since the dawn of time.

Wanting to settle this rivalry once and for all, the badboy of Westwood and golden boy of Eastridge make a deal.

The first person to make a girl from the rivalling school fall for them wins. Easy right?

Grayson Parker. Eastridge’s golden boy. Handsome and charming. Has a weakness.

Blake Taylor. Westwood’s bad boy. Hot and cruel. Has a secret.

Insert Kara Williams. Eastrigde’s good girl. She’s innocent and oblivious but she’s also Grayson’s best friend that nobody knows about.

She runs into Blake one night, not knowing about the deal. Yet somehow, she ends up in the middle of it.

“Let her go Blake, she isn’t apart of this,” I heard Grayson plead which only made me more confused. I wasn’t apart of what?

Though Blake only scoffed,“A deal is a deal, Parker. That is unless you want to forfeit.”

(Tap on ‘summary’ to see the blurb/summary.)

7/10. This a decent summary, but I wouldn’t put all the quotes in it. It makes it more intriguing if you don’t feature a tone of conversation in your summary, at least in my opinion. You do have a good premise, though.

The Legend of the Moonflower Princess:
Sahara is a young woman living in the kingdom of Dasos, a ward to the royal family and foster sister to the young prince Nashoba. Found in the woods with her grandmother years ago, she is shunned by others for her poor origin, scarlet red hair, and a scar that most believe to be a consequence of witchcraft. While she longs to forgo the loneliness that never seems to leave her heart, she is resigned to live out the rest of her life in unhappiness and solitude. However, when Nashoba is abruptly kidnapped by shadow-like creatures and a mysterious branded woman, she throws aside her fears in a momentousness decision to follow her brother’s abductors. Suddenly thrust into an enchanting and spectacular world, Sahara must overcome her own insecurities and trust in herself and others to save her brother from a horrendous fate.

It’s really interesting and detailed, doesn’t seem like my kind of story so I’d most likely skip it but doesn’t mean it’s not good. 7’/10

Title : Ivory Black

Summary : Kai Haywood never thought anything of being adopted by a white family. What was the problem ? She loved them and they loved her but that wasn’t the way Aaliyah Jackson saw it, in fact she made Kai second guess who she was. Kai soon realized how sheltered her life was.

Have you ever thought about a world where all is possible, you can do whatever you want but it comes at a price… This world is called:

**Zero Gama**

It can be setted in a fantasy world and the hero is a young boy, 16 years old who have lost her family in a tragic war between two of the six dominant races, (human, elves, not dead, giants, robot, gods).
With this purpose he will start his trip to revive her family and while her he can make new adventure mate for example Luna (one little and cute girl from the not dead race; she can talk with the souls but she can’t leave her house). During this trip we will come to know his story and all about his travel in all of six kingdoms.

I hope to have been useful! Good luck! :blush:

Sorry for my bad English…I’m Italian :sweat_smile:

Ok so I am assuming that the title of your book is called Zero Gama. I like that name it sounds very sci-fi/action/fantasy. Your summary clearly shows a dystopian world which I like so it gives me an idea of what kind of book I will be reading without telling me everything. It is subtle and I can appreciate that.

In terms of improvement, there isn’t much but I think you can change ‘…you can do all you want but all have a price’ to:

‘…you can do whatever you want but it comes at a price.’

This is mine:

Title - Monsters in Blackridge

Summary - Distorted and twisted, she broke her soul. The woman was patient, she had waited years for this moment, and now there was nothing in this world that could stop what came next.

Thank you for your feedback. Your summary seems so interesting I hope you will write it!

Oh I have written it but I thought about changing the summary so this thread seemed like a good idea to test whether it is a good summary or not. Thanks though I appreciate it

It has a mysterious tone behind it. There’s a lot of questions that needs to be asked, it’s exactly the kind of book I would pick up. 8/10.

Codename: G.E.M

A secret organization known as the Underworld are creating an army of enhanced humans through an artificial insemination who are known as Genetic Enhancement Modification. Although some share the same attributes in power and strength, there are others proven to have evolved. These G.E.M’s are put to the ultimate test of life and death. Those who are found worthy will walk out alive.

6/10 You had an interesting summary, but it felt lacking. I feel that you need a second paragraph.

The Element of Life

I was hoping buying a new jeep for my seventeenth birthday would be the start to a great year. Things were looking up until I caught my ex-boyfriend Elliot cheating on me at Prom. It didn’t help that I was already facing an eating disorder and trying to overcome the fact that my father left us when I was younger. Thankfully I had my best friend Regina with me at my side.

Life changed that fateful day when I noticed a strange light in the park. My poor judgement told me to visit the park and I did. Little did I know that touching that light would give me a power. An element if you will. I had the power to bring things back to life. This new power completely changed my life. I wasn’t sure if I could trust anyone with my new power.

At best my secret was probably safe with Regina. But Elliot was a different story. In fact, he was already out to make my life miserable. There would be no telling what Elliot would do if he ever knew the truth. The fate of the world was in my hands.

(Sorry if I’m a little harsh with ratings but I’m just trying to help out.)

8/10. Writing is really smooth and it was like reading a professional blurb. Good tone in voice that doesn’t contradict the character’s young identity. Acknowledging the character’s bumpy past makes the summary really intriguing because don’t we all love some broken characters lol. And the ending sentences channel the feeling of suspense. The only thing I feel I could change is the amount of detail -there’s too much. I think having too much detail in something like this could actually kill the suspense. So maybe cut out the bits that aren’t too necessary and leave the dire parts in (especially the last bit because that’s amazing) to really sharpen it up. Brilliant.

Title: GUNS AND CIGARETTES

Hazel Adler.
Sarcastic. Cynical. And a bitch.
Armed with questionable weapons, ‘wit’ and a sour attitude, she’s forced within the maze of skyscrapers swarming with thugs.

Along with the tight-lipped, knife-flipping Levi.
Fresh. Slick.
And with the same pair of blue, slanted eyes.

And finally, here’s my question.
Who do you trust?
Choose wisely.

6.5/10. i really like how you set it up and the last part with the questions since makes a reader engage. however, despite the intro to the characters was interesting, the summary doesn’t actually tell me anything about the plot.But i do love the title!

Title: Judith And The City Of Monsters

When Judith is sent off for a summer visit to her Grandmother’s house in Harvish, she isn’t thrilled. After all, she’s too young to gamble in nearby Vegas, but too old to believe the ridiculous alien nonsense they tell tourists about the old abounded church sitting on the outskirt of the city. She’s fairly certain she will die of boredom before the summer is through.

However, Judith soon meets the cute yet strange boy-next-door Felix and finds out that tales and whispers of the impossible isn’t as silly as she originally thought. He explains that her Grandmother’s neighbours are monsters. And not the cranky “Keep off my lawn!” variety, but the literally supernatural kind - vampires, werewolves, blobs, swamp things and more! Even more shocking, is that they’re actually really nice.

Now Judith’s summer will be way more interesting than she ever imagined. Only one problem remains. She still might die. When Felix is attacked and her other new friends are targeted, Judith must band together with the monsters to identify the culprit and help keep the town’s secret citizens safely undercover.

10/10

Very interesting story!! I definitely want to check this story out since the title and the description already have me hooked. The description is extremely engaging and has the reader wondering about Felix and why he is strange and why he believes the main character’s grandmother’s neighbors are monsters.

Title: Sympathy for the Devil

Ankou is an arrogant asshole that believed he was better than everyone in his land. That was until his arrogant ways got the better of him and made a bet he could not win. It had cost Ankou his life as well as his sister’s and anyone who had the misfortune of touching Ankou. He was cursed to live forever and to take the souls of the dead for an eternity.

Rowan Heart thought she was lucky enough to be able to get permission from her professor, Mr. Brenner to go night shooting in Dublin. Some of her advanced mythology class took a trip to Dublin to learn more about Irish culture. Instead of going to a party, Rowan makes her way towards these enchanted woods to photograph and capture every engraved detail in the trees. What she had not known was that she was touched with the mark of death, destined to die at noon the following day. To stop her destined course of death, she will have to give up her soul to do Ankou’s bidding or accept her already doomed fate.

7/10. I’m not really sure if I would read it. The description is good and so is the title. You spoil that she was touched by death, leaving no suspense for when it happens in the story.

Title: Simple Dreams

“Does it scare you that you could give yourself a thousand scars and still not feel a thing?”
I looked down at my knee bracer, which was a constant reminder of how dangerous my condition was.
“No. That’s not what scares me. What scares me is that I could break three bones and not feel any different. I could be overheating right now and only feel a bit dizzy. I could be dying right now and no amount of pain would be felt.”

8/10. Good description, I like how you draw us in by showing us that she has a physical condition that we do not know about. Good job!

here’s mine:

Title: Till Tomorrow Comes

Everyone in the small town of Marion has heard about the incident involving Vincent Grey. Fazed words float around that name, bringing up unwanted memories from the past. The Grey family. Once so perfect and happy, now a total and utter disaster.

Adding onto this miserable chain of self assumptions is Mavis Grey, seen by the world as the poor girl stuck in her brothers dark shadow. She’s sarcastic, cautious, and just an ordinary girl trying to get through her last year of high school without any problems.

Note: trying.

One not so good phone call leads to the teenage girl running into a tall, broad shouldered boy from the bad part of town, ink plastered across his skin like a canvas. He’s Aspen Myers, the towns delinquent. Girls swoon over him while trying to keep their distance, you can always hear his name floating around the ghostly halls of Redwood High.

Uneventful days pass and soon enough the two begin to get closer, falling away from their old lives for just a second. But one thing leads to another and soon enough the secrets that were meant to be kept hidden fall into the wrong hands. Mavis realizes that the stories she was told years ago were never true, and that the person she loved was constantly hiding behind an innocent mask made by the people she was closest to.

The same thing happens every day in the same old town of Marion. Long days continue to stretch across the horizon as Mavis wonders if tomorrow will ever come.

8/10 Your description and story idea works very well and it looks like something I’d definitely read! However maybe let the descriptions make the reader a bit more curious. In my personal opinion I felt that that was a bit lacking.

Title: After the Rain

You never know when the world is about to change, but when it does… Stay dry

The world as we know has ended. A virus spread through water makes people lose their mind and drive them to hurt themselves, others and the world around them.

A small group of scientists have locked themselves in a research facility on the edge of the former city of Dortmund. 19-year-old Koda was brought to the facility by his parents and has lived there for the past 4 years. Completely isolated from the outside world. But one of the experiments failed, killing the researchers inside the facility. Now Koda is forced to flee the facility and face the ruins of the world.

Soon he joins a group of young survivors and together set out on a danger-filled quest through the abandoned world, searching for any sign of life. In their struggle for survival, they will desperately try and build a new civilization while also searching for a way to destroy the virus. To finally end it all.

8/10: your description is good and your title compliments it well, but your plot sounds cliche; include what makes your story unique in your description.

Title: Neoma

In Neoma, a nation cursed with the dark, only the child of the prophecy can restore the light.

-2 because I’ve heard of the concept before, sorry I don’t remember exactly where but it was a comic book about restoring the light to a town without it.

-2 because of the the chosen one’ cliché

6/10

Title: Where I Don’t Know My Name

Fatimah is a secretive person. So, when an accident causes her to lose 4 years’ worth of memories, she only ever has questions to ask—questions that no one but who she used to be has the answers to. And her memory isn’t the only thing she finds gone when she wakes up: so is her sister. Duct taped in a broken home, with ‘friends’ that could be more than what they seem, her forgotten memories give her a new definition of trust. One that makes her doubt if her decisions on who to trust can be trusted. She questions who she really is, who she really was, and who she really wants to be. But what she really wanted to know was what was this town—Cedar Ivy—that she had no memory of, where everyone knew who she was, where she was the only one who didn’t know her name?