Jax draws characters (。・ω・。) || Open + Free

Currently drawing free sketches (´꒳`)b

Need some procrastination inspiration so I’m offering illustrations of OCs!

Please make sure you read everything in this post before requesting.

This thread is not a shop per se; it functions more like an inspiration list. I’ll just look through submissions when I need something to draw and pick whatever looks most interesting at the time. There is no guarantee that your request will be drawn.

Since this is not a formal shop, I require no formal payment. I do appreciate reads/comments/shout-outs for Touch though :slight_smile:

Art accounts/galleries:

• Instagram - default uploading space; contains the most recent artwork.
  • Tumblr - '17 and '18 Wattpad Requests. Random updates.
  • DeviantArt - old beginner stuff and concept art for my stories. Random updates.

Samples:

2020 Completed Requests

Zia - salemkeating Vanessa-daffy_ducklinAlinaya Ava, Post 11 Acheron, Post 5

2018 Summary

2017 Summary

Nov-Dec-2017 SketchSummary

HOW THIS WORKS

1. Read this post.

2. Fill out the form for one character .

3. Wait.

4. If your request is drawn, you will be tagged when it is available for pick-up.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

• I am only drawing sketches and they will primarily be busts/headshots.

• I don’t accept/reject in advance unless I definitely won’t do it, so please don’t ask.

• You can put in a new request every week or after getting a piece of art delivered.

• If you don’t want to be spammed with notifications, change to ‘normal’ tracking. I’ll tag you when I post your character.

CONDITIONS

1. Art is for personal use only.

2. Do not edit/recolour/trace/use for bases, etc.

3. The signature/watermark must not be removed if original image is reposted online.

4. a) If art is cropped for use in graphics, either the signature OR watermark must be visible, except in the case of use for avatars/profile pics under which condition 4b applies.

b) If watermark is not visible after cropping, credit must given via @imaginaryartsu on Instagram or @JaxCreation if used on Wattpad.

5. Please tag @JaxCreation if uploading to your books!

4 Likes

Request Form

Please keep all descriptions short and succinct. No story excerpts.

* Character name:
* Hair colour/style: written description
[details="Reference"]
Hair picture reference goes here.
[/details]
* Eye colour:
* Skin tone:
* Clothing: written description
[details="Reference"]
Clothing reference images go here.
[/details]
* Personality and/or facial expression: (verbs or emotion-related adjectives please) 

To use the summary feature, click the gear while posting and hit ‘hide details’ to make your form more readable if attaching images. Alternatively just linking externally is fine as well (^~^)b

Edit: I’ve added the summary feature for image references into the form. Feel free to add more references for other parts of the form, but hair and clothing references should be the bare minimum.

Please hit reply on THIS POST when submitting to make your form easier to find in the clutter :slight_smile:

Your drawing looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Thank you ヽ(・∀・)ノ

Character Name: Archeron

Age: Let’s just say he looks like he’s in his early 20’s :joy:

Hair Colour/Style: Black (see image for style)

For Style

Eye Colour: Scarlet

Skin Tone: Medium Beige

Clothing:

Black cloak (similar to image) with red swirling patterns covering clothing

Something like this for top

Something like this for pants

Something like this for boots

Okay, I’m gonna attempt to draw the pendant so sorry in advance if it’s horrible :sweat_smile:
The chain is silver and the actual pendant is gold

My horrible attempt to draw it

Facial Expression: Dark smile with a hint of kindness (if that makes sense)

Thank you for your submission! I appreciate the effort to keep things neat and tidy and that you took the time to draw your own reference (¯︶¯)

1 Like

That was my attempt at a quick scetch :joy: Hope it comes in handy if you accept :blush:

1 Like

Love your art! By the way, feel free to hit me up if you’d like to do an art trade!

• Character name: Princess Alinaya of Renmar
  • Hair colour/style: Long black hair, rather lank and lacking in volume. Sometimes pinned up in intricate hair designs or loosely bound into a low bun.
Summary

c28252b7fc360c19f1eda76ec1e09433

• Eye colour: Black
  • Skin tone: Pale af with pink undertone. She also has freckles.
  • Clothing: Medieval and Victorian style dresses, but with fur and cold weather additions like coats, hoods, gloves and boots. I guess Frozen without the sparkles is probably a good description.
Summary

• Personality and/or facial expression: She’s a reserved but kind person with very polite manners, however she’s also got a power hungry streak and easily gets angry if people treat her as less than them. A smile would suit her, or a kind of lost, dispondant expression.

Thank you! I remember seeing you on art threads and you have great work as well (o´∀`o)b

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

Character name: Ava

• Hair colour/style:
Summary

• Eye colour: brown
  • Skin tone: light brown
  • Clothing: (image refs appreciated - use the summary feature)

Summary

Jeans:

Summary

Shoes:

Summary

Sorry, I really can’t draw so these are all the pictures I could find to describe the look

• Personality and/or facial expression: she is tough, especially when she has depression and anxiety. She never trusts people, but she is really beautiful. I think she can be smiling, but the smile can be slight and a bit sly, which attracts her later boyfriend in the story.

Thank you for reading! I’m so excited about the drawing and I’d DEFINITELY credit you in my story

Did you want the facial hair in the sample pic or nah?
And to clarify are the swirls on just his clothes or on the cloak too?

1 Like

Thank you for your submission :slight_smile:

Hmm. I really don’t mind. Which ever you think is best.

And just on the cloak, please :slight_smile:

Your drawings look amazing!
I have several characters I would love to have drawn, but I thought I’d start with this one. If you don’t want to draw it, juts let me know and I can put another character down. :grin: :grin:
Thanks so much!

• Character name: Svorn / The Fire Lord
  • Age: he looks late teens/early 20s - actual age is mid-late 20s
  • Hair colour/style: (style references appreciated) Black, a little longer than shoulder length, mainly straight but has a few waves
References

Sort of like this/ Just hanging long. If you need any other hair references, there’s a bit of help for the hair and personality in the ‘Other References’.:blush:

• Eye colour: Large-ish, angular and beautiful, heterochromia - one green, one grey.
  • Skin colour: Pale (also has a massive burn/scar-like wound on his side and is lean)
  • Clothing: Medieval style clothes, long. (If you want to show the wound with a shirt list or topless or anything, I’m fine with that). If you have an idea in mind of how you think they would be,I’m honestly fine with majority of things, but here’s a few references:
References

• Facial expression?: like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders, so sad eyes but head up like he will bear through it and come out - I would like your interpretation. If you want him crying, so be it, if you want something else, so be it.
Other References

• Personality: He has had a pretty tough life. He has continuous pain emanating from his wound and is faced with the threat of accidentally killing everyone he loves, he’s also the king of half the world - Fire - which was a job he didn’t even want… so that affects him a lot. He’s pressured by a lot of the sub rulers and is in fear that if he doesn’t meet their standards, they will kill him (perfectly justified by the way).

@AmnerisTenjo

Archeron

Posted on Instagram as well :slight_smile:

If you want me to tag you just let me know your handle.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o♡

You’re welcome to submit an additional character every week if I haven’t drawn your previous one yet~

As mentioned I’ll just be looking at the list and picking whatever suits my fancy at the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going to sleep but my aim is to draw something once a day everyday. I will check new submissions when I get home from work tomorrow ٩(。•́‿•̀。)۶

Edit: I have since discovered this is unrealistic and will aim for three things every week :joy:

2 Likes

Heyy, long time no see, what’s up :yellow_heart: :calmwolf:

1 Like

Character name: Garrett
Hair colour/style: (image refs appreciated - use the summary feature) His hair is dark brown almost black. It’s short stopping at his shoulders. It’s similar to James from Pokemon.
Eye colour: Black
Skin tone: Tannish he’s white but has a tan
Clothing: (image refs appreciated - use the summary feature) black shirt black jeans. He carries a knife in the back of his jean like one would carry a gun.
Personality and/or facial Garrett has a soft personality but he looks like a bad boy.