Just Hit Over 500 New Reads! Anyone else make little goals for themselves when posting online?

So, my duology series on WP used to be fairly popular until I put it on hold last January.

Last week, started posting again and I’ve just hit over 500 views! The progress makes me happy and really motivates me as a “public” poster. Sure, I write for myself, but once I started posting online seeing people like my work was a huge motivator! I don’t think I ever would’ve finished my duology if I hadn’t been posting online and had readers holding me accountable.

So, I’ve reached my small goal and am setting a bigger one - 1K new reads on the sequel!

How about everyone else? Has anyone reached their goal? Do you even set little goals for yourself? What’s your experience with it? Thought it’d be fun to chat about :blush:

That is awesome, congratulations :tada: Bring on 1K!

I love setting goals and milestones for myself, and then taking a moment to celebrate them when it does happen. It’s a great opportunity to remind me of how far I have come, and also to pause and celebrate everyone that has helped me to achieve it :blush: like you, without Wattpad and my supporters, I never would have been able to achieve what I have.

1 Like

Awesome to hear! Congrats to you as well for your achievements! Having people to hold me accountable really helps pull me out of my slumps :joy:

1 Like

Wonderful news! Congratulations! I do set little goals with myself. It helps push me forward and to keep going.

I’m hoping to reach 10K by the 5-month-from-release mark, but so far NaNo is killing that dream :joy:

I agree. Nothing like the accountability of others to keep you going xD

First congrats!!

Right now, my little goal is get both my works to 30 reads! A really small number but a goal none the less! One by one I will make it! :sob::grin::partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! I like to set goals in multiples of 100. For example, 100, 500, 1000, 5000. :grin: I think they’re fun and give me milestones to look forward to. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s awesome! No goal is too small. You’re progressing and that’s the important thing! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s awesome, and I can’t wait for you to reach this goal, and every other goal after it! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! Certainly, I feel the same ^.^ Part of me wants the number to stay low so if my story flops or something, it’s eh, I didn’t have much of an audience anyway, no harm, no foul.

Then a different part of me is saying, what if you actually create a cool story? Who knows?

I keep ping ponging back and forth between wanting views and not. My stories are like my babies, you know? I put a lot of thought and hours into them, sometimes I’m scared to have them judged. :sweat_smile: But, it’s part of the process, I can’t stay in my comfort zone forever.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I love the positivity here, I wish I found this place sooner :blush:

I hope you reach your goals as well!

1 Like

You have to believe in yourself and your voice. Just because there aren’t many reads, it doesn’t mean it’s not a great story. It just hasn’t been discovered yet. Just keep writing, learning, and improving. I have to say there will always be people judging. But if you trust in yourself, you can learn how to filter out the voices and listen to only those that will help you move closer to your goal. :smiley:

You can do it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow! Everyone has such amazing thoughts on this! Congrats to everyone and to our next goals! :blush:

1 Like

You’re right, that’s very true.

Thank you so much, I really do need to believe and trust in myself. I just need to take it a day at a time. ^.^