Karan Seraph Critiques (open)

critiques

Thank you so much for your detailed analysis and critique. I found this very helpful and you brought up and analyzed so many aspects of the story from angles that I hadn’t looked at yet. You analyzed my choice of first person and present tense in the narrative, which I don’t think anyone’s commented on yet and it was helpful to hear that I should be including more of the MC’s thoughts/feelings. I’m glad you liked the dialogue and progression in the second chapter. I have quite a few things to re-visit now, especially knowing how all of the characters came across (or aren’t coming across).

All I can say is, you really know what you’re talking about I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thank you!

Wattpad Username: @wildestyouth
Current title of work to be critiqued: Golden Boys
URL: (apparently i’m not allowed put in a url for my story since i’m new to this? but you can find the book under my profile – sorry for the inconvenience!)
Chapters/parts for this request: 2 (the first ‘chapter’ is a short prologue, but if you don’t have to read extra if the start itself doesn’t interest you)
Wattpad Category for the work: Teen Fiction
Type(s) of feedback requested: basically what you offer under the ‘fiction’ section.
Any type(s) of feedback not wanted: none that i can think of. i don’t mind what feedback it is as long as it’s honest and constructive.
Anything else?: transition between paragraphs and overall flow of chapters as well as consistency of character traits are things i worry about with my writing so if you could keep an eye out for those, that’d be great!

Thank you!

I found Karan’s comments to be thorough, beautifully woven, and thoughtful. I’m so thankful that everything I attempted was found and enjoyed. I recommend everyone use your services.

Wattpad Username: @GoldenGeese

Current title of work to be critiqued: McKinley Military Academy

URL for the main navigation page of the work to be critiqued: https://www.wattpad.com/story/161541631-mckinley-military-academy

Chapters/parts for this request: The prologue and Chapter 1

Wattpad Category for the work: Romance

Type(s) of feedback requested: any helpful feedback

Any type(s) of feedback not wanted: as long as its helpful ill take it.

Anything else? :thinking: What is it? I know I’m forgetting something… Oh yeah… Thank you if you decide to review my story :smile:

*Stalks :calmwolf:

Wattpad Username: @inflorescent
Current title of work to be critiqued: What the Morning Brings
URL for the main navigation page of the work to be critiqued: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166826871-what-the-morning-brings
Chapters/parts for this request: 1
Wattpad Category for the work: Fantasy
Type(s) of feedback requested: anything!
Any type(s) of feedback not wanted: n/a
Anything else?

Hey there - are you still in the process of reviewing my book? I’ve been rather busy lately and I’ve lost track of who has and who hasn’t (I’ve asked multiple people). I just wanted to make sure so I could go back, read your comments again, and complete the payment. I wouldn’t want to forget haha

Yes. There’s a #critiques tagged comment on the Prologue and on Chapter 1. There’s also one other in-line comment.

Sorry for the late response! Thanks so much for commenting; I saw them, I just have yet to say anything in response. I’ll be on it soon; been busy haha. :slight_smile:

Hi, Karan,

I’d like to apply for a critique.

Wattpad Username: MaryFahey
Current title of work to be critiqued: Matt’s Divorce.
URL for the main navigation page of the work to be critiqued: https://www.wattpad.com/story/150838468-matt’s-divorce
Type(s) of feedback requested: Any
Any type(s) of feedback not wanted: None
Anything else?
Chapters/parts for this request: Any
Wattpad Category for the work: Teen Fiction - but dark with spiritual elements.

Wattpad Username: TheCookie_Monster
Current title of work to be critiqued: Incandescent
URL for the main navigation page of the work to be critiqued:https://www.wattpad.com/story/164491045-incandescent
Chapters/parts for this request: first 2 or 3(whatever u have time for)
Wattpad Category for the work: Romance
Type(s) of feedback requested: Just general feedback

ACertainCrimsonFox
All the Lights are On
https://www.wattpad.com/story/166316894-all-the-lights-are-on
Chapters: As much as you can, honestly. I know it sits at 50 something chapters but most are short, less than a thousand words. If possible I would love to have feedback past the third chapter.
I’m not really looking for anything specific, just plot cohesion and things I can change or improve on.
Thank you!

Wattpad Username: @_quinta
Current title of work to be critiqued: The Disease Called Men
URL for the main navigation page of the work to be critiqued: The Disease Called Men link here
Chapters/parts for this request: 2
Wattpad Category for the work: Teen Fiction
Type(s) of feedback requested: Basically what you’ve listed under “fiction”.
Any type(s) of feedback not wanted: I don’t think there’s anything I don’t want. I’m open to whatever that needs to be said.
Anything else? Thank you for your time and effort.

Thank you for your time. :blush:

@KaranSeraph gave a wonderfully detailed and absolutely helpful critique for the first two chapters of my novel. She not only picked out a few POV mishaps in my chapters, she was able to expound on more than a few key points I was generally nervous about and put my fears to rest. Her critique was thorough, well though out and understandable. I am very pleased with her work.

Hey there. Finally came back to do my end of the deal.

I believe I have responded to all of your comments - I’ll have to go back and double check, as I’ve been rather busy and lots of comments are in the first chapter of my story (whoops haha). Either way, I remember what you wrote and I just wanted to say thank you for your compliments and your advice. It means a lot that you took the time to read my long chapters and provide useful and constructive feedback that obviously proved you had actually read the paragraphs and not just skimmed through them. I might come back in the future as my book progresses :slight_smile:

I need critiquing

There’s a form in comment # 2 of the thread.

Hi! So I actually have my story posted on wattpad, but the more edited version is on google docs, which is the version I would love to be reviewed on :slight_smile: I’m okay with doing the payment, but do you mind doing the critique on a docs? It’s public, so you only need the link to access. Thank you!

@AverySummers

Appreciate the interest, but that’s not in the scope of this service which is critiques for Wattpad works. If I were to do work outside of Wattpad it could potentially cross into the area of me providing freelance services without fair compensation. I have to draw a line somewhere. If anyone is interested in feedback on a version on Wattpad then they can use the information in this thread to request.

:slight_smile: thank you! I’ll request the wattpad version then, if that’s okay?