Kissing Scenes

question

I’ve had a great first kiss with all the fireworks! Not the first first kiss, but the first kiss with that person.

I absolutely agree that emotions are preferable to read. I think writing is not about telling the readers a story, it’s about showing it - you’ve gotta let the reader imagine things for themselves, so you gotta lead them, guide them, not paint a perfect deacriptive picture of every detail. Kissing scenes are satisfying when you use your imagination.

Yeah if anything less is better. If I have to write in a scene, I don’t go into detail. It’s something quick and impactful. Text helps to make the lack of detail on a kiss much more meanful.

I can only tell you this from a guy’s perspective. I have had some horrible kisses. The worst was a girl who pretty much just stood there, kept her lips straight, and did nothing. The best kiss I ever received was from my second girlfriend who wouldn’t let me go.

Guys are usually nervous before they kiss a girl. Not as nervous as they are before they ask a girl out out on a date. When a guy asks a girl out, the possibility of rejection is incredibly high and equally fast. With a kiss, the rejection is before the kiss even takes place and the girl usually gives an explanation as to why she doesn’t want to be kissed.

I don’t like writing passionate scenes, but I will tell you that the most important thing when writing them is the lead up to the kiss. Describe the air, the look in their eyes, how the characters close their eyes, how they move into each other slowly, and how the moment their lips touch, it is like world’s colliding, like fireworks exploding. A great kiss is the perfect Christmas. It is a cold glass of water on a 120 degree day. It is a big full moon on a dark night. It’s the sound of the waves crashing against the shore as they give the world that startling yet beautiful, relaxing sound.

Yeah, that’s a kiss.

I honestly can’t remember ever writing a kissing scene. I mean I have but they didn’t go into what I was writing seeing as I didn’t like how it turned out. So I can’t really give you my take on writing them as much. But… Feelings. When I read something about someone kissing I want to know how they feel. Rather they like it or is it awkward? Is it sweet or rushed? That kind of thing. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help then this.

If anything leave it for the end of the story. I usually can’t write it during a story, so it’s a build up to the ending

Thank you for the advice

No problem! I hope it helps :slight_smile:

:heart_eyes: Feeling the love tonight :wink:

Yes my characters start as friends so it’s kind of hard to transform their relationship into something of passion right away.

Thank you! It’s actually quite amazing to hear from a guy’s perspective. I’m sure this will help me a lot :slight_smile:

I just try to focus more on the emotions of the character. I might throw in that their lips are soft and the movements they make and stuff but mostly the emotions.