l a z i ☾ r i t i q u e s "KPOP"--[OPEN]

writing
question
feedback-offered
critiques
help

To post, you must follow the template below

Subject line: K-POP Fanfics—Constructive Criticism & Feedback

Post: I’ll read the first 2-5 chapters to your story and give you my HONEST reaction, HONEST thoughts, and HONEST critique. Why only 2-5? In most cases, all it takes is ONE hook or ONE chapter to make or break your story. I am not a professional, but I am well-experienced enough to detect the major things that will mess up a good read and a few details for you to pay attention to, to grow in your writing. I could also link reference sites to help as well.

Service Payment(s): A little mention (if you benefited from my critique) would be nice :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I refuse to read your story if it has A LOT OF:

• Smut–(a moderate amount is fine)

• Angst–(I rather avoid the super depressing or traumatic back stories in particular)

• BL/GL–(It’s weird. I’ll read BL manga/webcomics all day but I won’t read it in fanfics)

Is this just for BTS fics or original stories too?

Honestly, I’m more used to reading BTS fics, but I’m a multi-fandom kpop stan first and foremost, so if you have any other idols that you write for, you can send them on through. Let me know if that answers your question or not. If not, then elaborate for me.

Sub—this is actually really cool

Wait what’s cool? lml :thinking:

That I can find a thread where K-pop fanfictions are critiqued. Seriously, not everyone accepts them.

Yeah, that’s why I decided to be the one to do it. And if you find a place that doesn’t mind accepting them, there’s a long waiting list. But yeah, I’m willing to do this for anyone wants to have them read.

1 Like

Good. Before I submit a request, I’d like to warn you: my story is written in dialogue/script format, so I don’t know if you’re familiar with this particular format.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I had work :weary: It’s not something I’m familiar with, no, but I’ll give it my best shot :heart:

Okay. Thx for the info.

Here is the link of the story: Loneliness (Musings and Mistresses #1)

A TWICE fan fiction. It does not require thorough knowledge of the group or the fandom, but if you know them, it’s even better.

Currently it has eight chapters.

Hey, sorry again, I had work late again. I love TWICE!! :weary:ugly cries One of my fave girl groups~:heart::heart::heart: By the way, as I said before, I’m not so familiar with the script format, so I’ll just focus on the story, character portrayal, etc. But definitely let me know if there’s anything specific that you want me to focus on, too.

That’s fine. Thx for the pointers.

So I decided to read the first two chapters. And there was somewhat an overall problem with what I read.

Well, I’ll start by saying that I wasn’t put off by the beginning of the first chapter, but I didn’t notice that the dialogue between the girls is a little stiff and weird. I’m not sure if English is your native language or not, but if it’s not, then, it’s not too bad. However, it’s still easy to tell that you’re having a bit of trouble making the conversations flow properly, and even realistically.

There’s also your grammar. I’ve found words that didn’t seem to belong where they were placed. For example, in the first chapter, when Chayeoung is talking, at the end of the sentence, there’s the word, “huh.” It doesn’t fit with the sentence. She’s not asking a question, nor is she realizing anything.

With your tenses, I feel like you’re overall tense is past tense, but it seems like you threw in the future tense. For example, when Chaeyoung was responding to Sana and said: "I walked down the aisle in my pyjamas…And she even tries to chase after me!" It should have been “tried” instead. As a side note, the word pyjamas, is actually spelled pajamas; and the elipsis (…) you used, wasn’t really necessary, I don’t feel like. You could have just replaced it with a period.

For Dahyung’s lines, it says, “she doesn’t know the woman, but she already doesn’t like her.” I guess it’s something you could say, but then, at this point, it already sounds like they’re definitely fated to meet the girl. It would be more natural for you to say something like: *She sounds like a weirdo. I hope we don’t run into her again." Just imagine a realistic scenario of your friends or you reacting to a stranger coming up to you or them with a weird or unsettling conversation. Chances are, you’d never see that person again, or at least if you know you’re living or have more chances to see them, you’d try to avoid them afterward.

So I overall, I think you should try looking towards yourself, and even others, to get more realistic conversations in your story. I wish I could’ve gone more in depth with this, but I didn’t have much to work with given the format :persevere:

I’ll also leave a reference for you to check out. Hopefully, it could help you. You also have the option of taking fun quizzes on this site, so that you could better your grammar.

https://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/pronouns_different_types.htm#none

1 Like

Thank you for the pointers! Indeed, English isn’t my first language. Although I wrote this story only for fun, I’ll still try and work on dialogues, as well as grammar.

1 Like