Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

Ah, okay. It’s been quiet elsewhere as well. I think exam season is getting to all the students and the holidays are getting to everyone else.

Thanks. Sunday for check-in, Monday for discussion.

Nah it’s a Silent Hill!

This place is apparently an informal gathering of Short Story enthusiasts and writers. I’m just waiting to join when the new prompt is ready. :blush: What about you ?

Thank you!

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Nov 30 2018 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Well see as soon as I can overcome the writers block. I tend to stop contributing to places to exacerbate it.

Weekly Check-In No. 14

How has this week gone?

NaNoWriMo is over, but how did everyone do? Anyone win this year? Are you planning to continue work on your NaNo Novel after?

On the note of short stories, has anyone started working on any new short stories or come up with any intriguing ideas?

(Posting for @minusfractions since they’re gonna be busy this week)

I had an idea for the Weekend Write In subject of ‘value’ but didn’t have time to sit down and write it. It was going to be a scene in the far future, on an alien world, with a child looking at this tea cup in a museum.

For those who don’t know the story of this little cup it was rescued from the remains of Hiroshima. The ‘dirt’ on the surface is actually the porcelain glaze which was liquefied by the heat of the Hiroshima bomb blast.

I’ll write it one day. :blush:

I got to 18k for NaNo, Pretty standard for me.

18K is a lot for NaNo, congratulations!

Sounds like a really amazing story as well :slight_smile:

I thought and started writing for NaNo but gave up.

Truth be told, the only story I’ve ever finished was a plot-hole ridden short story. But after a critic opened my eyes to the horrible mistakes I made I deleted it. That was earlier this year.

I’ve tried writing other stories, but haven’t gotten past the first chapter/page. I’m stuck and I don’t know how to get out. :disappointed_relieved::sweat_smile:

The museum in Hiroshima is very harrowing.

I didn’t do NaNo. Never have done. Never will. I don’t feel the need to prove myself in that way. And I pretty much write short stories exclusively.

I’ve got an idea for a Ballard-esque short story based on a RPG called Deluge. I have no idea when I’ll get the time to write it, though.

Oh please do that story.
Oowhaa, the images that survivor creates.

Well, there’s a Ballard comedian, and a Ballard in Seattle, and there’s Ballard designed rugs, but… nope. Not any of them, I’d reckon.
Ballard’s back in your court, just for a change!

Try this Ballard.

Hey everyone! I’d like to join this community and hopefully meet fellow short story writers. Nice to meet y’all! It’s kinda weird how there’s only handful of threads on Short Story club.

The first rule of Short Story Club is … :smiley:

. . . YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SHORT STORY CLUB.

@ereehu @johnnedwill

I feel like I’m missing on some inside joke. xD

It’s a reference to Fight Club. But you probably knew that :wink: