Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Dec 14 2018 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

100% It’s surprising how much a little bit here and there adds up!

That does seem like a strange choice. Is there a quick deadline for it ?

Longer as in a novel?

Good luck!

Original what?

Yeah. I took down several WIPs recently so I could edit them

They’ll be putting the events part of the website live at the end of January. That’s two months earlier than last year!

Original story I was writing. I was on chapter 5 and then I lost inspiration

Christmas is getting in the way at the moment. I’ll have two weeks to myself soon though and can do my own thing, including writing the next part of my NaNo project.

Yeah. I was working on a piece based on Norse mythology and old European fairytale, but just got bogged down with it and stalled. It was about a wight (an Anglo Saxon land spirit) and a draugr (a Viking immortal) and a changeling who team up to defeat a group of vampire supremacists.

20,000 words long. I was going to submit it to a contest but there are too many grammar, consistency, and mistakes in general to submit. Today being the deadline.

Yikes!

Sounds like an interesting idea, though.

Weekly Discussion Topic

Seeing as the new year is drawing closer, what’s one thing you’d like to improve on going forward?

Also, we’re coming to the end of our list of topics. Chuck any suggestions for future ones here:

@LaughandJoy @makingmywaves @music_ally @sarakbeeksma @cdcraftee @johnnedwill @StellaAddison @SylviaWolfe @ThomasWalborn @_beebbab @messyfirstdraft @Marigold91 @Medula-Oblongata @astrxphoria @KateAnnee @LadyofthePond @TEHauxwell @CrownedMadness @josephmpepe

Indeed. That will use up my backlog for a bit.

Very true, indeed. Though, I feel like I’m not getting much done, I’m actually getting something done. So, it’s cool. :blush:

I don’t know, maybe try to keep a writing schedule. 'Cause I feel like I’m falling behind when it comes to writing this year. xD

The problem with schedules is that you will nearly always be disappointed. And disappointment does not help writing. My solution is just to look at what I’ve managed to do.

So long as I do one creative thing a day - no matter how small! - I’m doing good.

Taking criticism better, but also being better to forming boundaries, paradoxically.

That’s a nice advice. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.