Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

Good luck!

Weekly Check-in

How has this week been?
Is anyone writing any holiday/winter pieces?
Happy holidays, whatever you’re celebrating (or not celebrating, as the case may be)

@LaughandJoy @makingmywaves @music_ally @sarakbeeksma @cdcraftee @johnnedwill @StellaAddison @SylviaWolfe @ThomasWalborn @_beebbab @messyfirstdraft @Marigold91 @Medula-Oblongata @astrxphoria @KateAnnee @LadyofthePond @TEHauxwell @CrownedMadness @josephmpepe

This week’s been bleh. I was sick most of it and barely got any writing done. No holiday pieces on my end I’m afraid. Had no good ideas. On the bright side, I created a writing group. I am hoping people will be interested in joining.

Short Story Prompt Thread

Rain. Wet, drippy, drippy, wet, wet, wet. It’s not very conducive to Christmas where I am at the moment.

However, I am off work until the New Year (the annual plant shutdown), so there’s hope for the writing.

My week has been good. I finished my third book and I’m starting the fourth. How has your week been.

Also happy holidays to you too! :smile:

Overnight, wonderful news that my entry in a WP children’s story-writing contest won third place!
I. AM . SO-o-o-o impressed to be in the company of the first and second winners. Cannot believe it.
Here’s the announcement and I’m the cdcraftee of third place!
[The links take you to each winner’s profile page, and to the individual stories. Maybe when the glitter settles, you’ll have a moment to read them. Promise they are delightful for the ‘young at heart’ as well as kiddies, as requested in the rules]
https://www.wattpad.com/670104154-adultfiction-contests-contest-4-results

I was going to write a Christmas ghost story but I’ve been sick the past couple of days so it didn’t happen. I’ll keep the idea on one side though and write it when I have time.

my week has been very productive writing wise, i have 4 full length novels along with 3 short stories in the works (i love keeping busy when it comes to writing) also, we usually open gifts on christmas eve, and my family, who are the bestest, gave me the money i needed to publish my first finished fantasy novel on amazon. i’ll have to wait until tomorrow to do so, but it’s worth the wait.

congrats cdcraftee.

Hey guys! so I have been really inactive on here, my apologies. My holiday was amazing (I celebrate Christmas). I’m not currently writing any winter/holiday pieces. I’m actually no really doing much Wattpad writing at all. Beyond my December prompt story I haven’t done any new writing that’s published here.

However, not concerning a short story (hopefully this is okay to put here) I have been revising book one of my original trilogy and I got through Chapter one today, planning to start on Chapter two tonight, and hopefully if my mother will let me print a few more chapters, I can get several revision notes in before I have to return to school.

Anybody here do Christmas? If so, did you get any cool books or gifts?

The first two volumes of Alejandro Jodorowky’s ‘The Metabaron’, ‘Metropolis’ by Thea von Harbou, and the collected letters of Stanislaw Lem.

You?

I got a journal, and the movie Venom but not books. I got cash for books :smile:

Journals are good. I have a refillable one, so I can keep the cover.

I have one like that as well but I’m left handed and the rings keep getting in the way.

If yours isn’t of sentimental value, there are companies that make jrefillable journals where without rings. Mine has brass screws to hold punched refills, and I know of companies that make ‘slip-on’ journals where they use elastic or sleeves to hold the refills in place.

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Dec 28 2018 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Hmmm, thank you for the insight! I’ll have to check it out :slight_smile:

Sorry for the delay in responding to everyone. I was busy over Christmas and then I couldn’t access the site for a few days. Turns out my security was blocking it without telling me. A little bit concerning that it suddenly changed, and I don’t like to ignore my security stuff, but I’ve whitelisted the site for now and sent a ticket to support.

I’d be interested - what does your group do?

Mine was the same

Agreed and agreed!