Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

Not a short story but I am rushing the last three chapters of my FanFic novel on my other account. It’s gonna be close :sweat_smile:

Great! I love daily challenges. It always surprises me how much a little a day adds up!

Good luck!

To try and finish it before the new year? That would be a cool achievement! “I finished it in the last hours of the year”:grin:

Weekly Discussion Topic (kind of)

I wasn’t going to post one this week because it seems that a lot of people are (understandably) busy with the holidays, but then an interesting question came to mind:

Are there any special ways that your country celebrates New Year?

@LaughandJoy @makingmywaves @music_ally @sarakbeeksma @cdcraftee @johnnedwill @StellaAddison @SylviaWolfe @ThomasWalborn @_beebbab @messyfirstdraft @Marigold91 @Medula-Oblongata @astrxphoria @KateAnnee @LadyofthePond @TEHauxwell @CrownedMadness @josephmpepe

Nothing special, as far as I know, just like every other place. But, most of the people is excited for the New Year’s firework show at world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa.

Been busy these days. Writing is slow. I took a pause on the short story I was writing and is now currently editing/rewriting another short story.

I don’t do what the country usually does. Usually my family opens a nice bottle of wine, has an appetizer dinner (usually involving stuffed mushrooms), and watches a movie. It’s a good time.

Yea! I’ve still go three chapters to go… :sweat_smile:

Slow, as usual. School has decided to give me stuff over the holidays so that’s always fun

Everything? Well, I’m trying to finish another chapter of one of my fanfics

I don’t know if overall there is any special way. Some people do fireworks. Some people have big parties with family at midnight. If you’re like me, then you ended up at a karaoke bar avoiding singing :joy: And then had too much vodka and spent the next day moping around.

It’s hard not to be excited for fireworks!

A quite new year’s can be very nice.

Did you manage it in time?

Were you able to?

Sounds kind of familiar :joy:

I fear I did not, so I’m gonna just update till it’s done.

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Jan 04 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Nope XD. Moved on to the Open Novella contest

Fair enough! Any interesting prompts for it this time around? I haven’t had the chance to look.