Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

One shot.

That is so cool. All the best.

My writing’s been a bit below par/usual standards - had some health issues + dog-handling problems slowing me down.
But hoping to be able to post the short story challenge you set, and link it today or tomorrow. Working on a cover pic - although I didn’t have to [I don’t think] - just love playing with them.
Oops… large interruption.
Try again…

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Feb 1 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

@cdcraftee Where you planning on linking it? I did a story a couple of weeks ago, but can’t find the thread any more.

I’m as lost as you John - BUT found a post where minusfractions said to post it on WP, send link to her as a pm, plus title, plus small synopsis about story and she would see to the rest. I did that a little while ago and also asked for a record of a link. So thankful I’m not the only one confused - it’s been that kind of a week for me.

PS: Meetcha at the Equator when we’re both rich and famous and don’t have to swim or paddle. Hey?

Congratulations!

Definitely! It was your first time doing it, right? Or was that someone else

#relateable

Did you manage it ok?

Sounds like the kind of thing that would make good promotion for your work, if you use it, though its always seemed difficult to me

Welcome! Time is something that got me into short stories too! What do you like to write? Also, would you like to be tagged when things happen here?

Hopefully it will be a good experience! I would probably undershoot or overshoot, I’m not good at aiming for specific limits.

Hope you’re feeling better now!

@cdcraftee @johnnedwill

There should still be a link in one of the top posts.

If it’s been deleted then we come back to the same issue as before that nobody responded to… I’m not sure its worth making one just to share links and then it be closed for inactivity again. I was thinking a reading list or a book part listing them would make more sense.

yep, my first time! :slight_smile:

Can I join this fun-ness! I love writing short stories. I didn’t read everything but I can start back at the beginning and read.

That’s cool. We have something in common then.:grinning:

I like to write Romance and fantasy. Though romance is usually the subgenre.

That would be awesome. Thank you.

I got them in last minute!

I’m sure there’s an island with a nice bar somewhere along the line.

Alas, WP is not best suited for graphical works, and I don’t use social media at all.

Calligraphy is not that difficult. It just takes practice. People make the mistake of trying the more ornamental scripts first. Don’t. Start off with the simpler scripts, like Renaissance Italic, Uncial or Insular. Then you can work your way up to the more ornate like Fractur, Cancelloeresca or even (deep breath) Spencerian. Even a foundational script looks good if done properly.

Of course, if you make a mistake … Aaaaargh!