Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

I mistyped it haha- it’s Poetry to Prose. The Short Story Profile has posted some excerpts of poems to be used as prompts for short stories about love. 700-2000 word stories, it goes until the end of the month, I think.

I don’t think it is unusual but I found finishing a story in 3000 words to be quite challenging.

I’m the opposite way around, myself. Extending a story is hard for me.

I normally write novels over sorry stories, so…

I am now trying to finish a project I started a few months ago; The Winter Candle. I plan to use it in a video project but the weather has been so uneven that I might actually have to buy pictures of snow online.

Hehe…try 500.

Easy! But then again, I’ve had plenty of practice.

I’m working on Thrilling Fiction - Prompt #6 (Three Suspects).

That’s adorbale! :blush: What age range are you aiming for? It’s still Children’s Fiction, right? Or you’ve switched the genre?

I totally get you. The word counts is stressing me out. But, also, I’m excited for the story. So, it’s not working me out that much.

Hell yeah!

Maybe after exams are over

Right now it’s meeting the 6,000 word challenge of the second part of the Open Novella competition.
It’s a great new discipline for rabbits like me who tend to poke their noses out of the burrow, throw some quick words to the wind and scuttle back down for cover and safety. This rabbit does it constantly, several times a day [and night].It’s an interesting change of pace [or is it?}.
[Not absolute truth - I do have several larger WIPs on the go - but even they are made up of ‘read-alone’ chapters. Seem to be in love with small cameos of life situations, able to be read and easily understood in a ‘flash’.

Age range? 0-90, ideally!
You see, I have a dream where a dedicated reader can read to even an unborn child and get pleasure as well. And my dream envisages stretching the reading abilities of children from as young as possible.Truly for the ‘young at heart’, no matter the age.
See what a burden I place upon my reader?? :roll_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :upside_down_face:
Shhh… don’t tell anyone, but I’m the Granny - the writer of the story within the story!
Also, I would :rofl: [ROFL] if I thought I could ever get up again!!

So I did it. And the story is up now.

I actually am liking writing short stories. It makes me think of ways to show the same thing I would have shown while writing novel in a far more consise manner.

The 500 word weekend-write-in prompt for Feb 8 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Wow 80 is a lot! That will be a great collection to have once it’s done, though.

Sounds like a lot of digging on the government website -_-

Glad you think so! Do you write short stories?

Interesting idea. Maybe I’ll try it with another genre one day. (I don’t do romance)

That’s certainly a big part of it.

Do you think you’ll write more in the future?

That’s an amazing vision. :smile:

Yeah, it will be! It won’t be done for a very long time though. Long term project.