Let's build ourselves a Short Story community!

writing
discussion

Hardest? Learning how to prune a story down to just a scene or two and then grow that part only.
The easiest? I didn’t find that one yet, but the most fun is finding a pic to match the story and title and then joining them all together in unholy matrimony! I really enjoy myself with that, especially when a pic gets down on its knees and begs me to take it away from the hoi polloi.

The 500 word weekend-write-in prompt for Feb 22 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Congrats on the new job!

Thanks! Now I just gotta figure out how to balance it and writing. Might be hard for a while, but there’s no reason I can’t do it.

Lunch hours are a great time for getting out the notebook and scribbling a few words.

I’m sure that’s true, though I only get half an hour for lunch I am pretty sure. I can still try it though, I eat pretty quickly and should have a few minutes to spare.

Even if it’s just notes, it’s worthwhile. I never go anywhere without a notebook or two.

Yeah, I keep a notebook with me too usually. Especially since in my last job, there would be days when I had nothing to do so I needed something to write or draw in

I write short stories!

Join the club!

I’ve just started to wade into the water on Wattpad, and as of now, all my work is in short/flash fiction. I’ve been looking for others who do the same, so I’d love to be a part of this community.

gladly:)

Welcome to the group! You might want to check out my post from yesterday, in this thread (or look for the 500 word weekend write-in discussion thread in genre clubs/short story). We run a weekly flash fiction challenge that you might enjoy.

@authormsmiller @SkyeSweven
Welcome to the community! Any particular kind of short stories you like? Also, would you like to be tagged when things happen?

Weekly Check-In

How has writing gone this week?

@LaughandJoy @makingmywaves @music_ally @sarakbeeksma @cdcraftee @johnnedwill @StellaAddison @SylviaWolfe @ThomasWalborn @_beebbab @messyfirstdraft @Marigold91 @Medula-Oblongata @astrxphoria @KateAnnee @LadyofthePond @TEHauxwell @CrownedMadness @josephmpepe @MusketeerPrincess

Quite good, actually. Three short stories up and posted.

I feel quite good about that. Well, it makes up for the recurrence of the old rugby injury.

Slower than I’d like. I’ve only gotten 10 pages into my next episode due to other work

10 pages is still 10 pages more.

Very true

Writing has once again been pretty slow this week. I have a new character writing though, I should be working on chapter 1 today