Let's help each other with polls! (polls)

poll
discussion
help

Bump

But it’s the name of a Mary Sue. Everyone should always get her name right, even after only hearing her name once. Expect the antagonist who clearly hates her for no reason. :laughing:

Do you guys read the quotes that some books have at the beginning of each chapter?

• Always
  • Often
  • Occasionally
  • Rarely
  • Never

0 voters

BUMP

DON’T FORGET TO VOTE ON ALL OPEN OR ALL AVAILABLE POLLS

So uhhh trying to choose a name for my Iranian lady character Girl X and I’ve narrowed it down to three… anybody wanna help me pick?

She’s very action-oriented, fair, and willing to do right by those close to her even if it puts her at risk, but also a little manipulative, attention-hungry, and self-destructive. She’s at her best when given an injustice to fix, and at her worse when she feels shaky and unsafe, which unfortunately she has most of her life. She’s seventeen, soon to be eighteen. She has jet black hair and eyes and an aquiline nose. Overall, she’s very pretty, if a little intimidating.

Which name do you guys think suits her the best?

• Vida - “visible” in Farsi/Persian
  • Nasrin - “wild rose” in Farsi/Persian
  • Azar - “fire” in Farsi/Persian
  • Bellona - the name I had originally picked out when I thought she was Romanian and I guess could still suit… but… ehheheh

0 voters

If it helps, so far for other characters, we have Cameron (nickname Jump because of all the fences he hops) and Salem (her name means peace, and she’s Girl X’s love interest, and also the main character)

Idk, I feel like Mary Sues’ are boring, therefore their names should be a little boring/normal too :woman_shrugging:t4:

Pick a tagline for my story poster

• Never break a promise.
  • Always keep your promises.
  • Never break a vow.
  • Always keep your vows.

0 voters

I want to write a short scifi story about interdimensional coyotes (people smugglers). Should the main conflict center around the interdimensional…

• border cops
  • cartel
  • both

0 voters

Aquiline Silverstarwind or something like that would do nicely.

I actually already created a thread for this a while ago…

So, I’m starting this fantasy story, but it’s a portal fantasy so the main character is from a contemporary time. He’s the only white person in the story, and I so I want him to have a really white name, but not obnoxiously white. Here’s what I’ve come up with:

• Grant McNeilson
  • Grant McFadden
  • Grant Mason
  • Grant Sheppard

0 voters

In an attempt to deal with a greater atagonist, my protagonist will have to turn to minor one for back up.

How should the minor antagonist react when the protagonist shows up at his door?
(Note: the minor antagonist is a largely rigid and proud guy, who has technically been humiliated by the protag two times by this point in the plot.)

• Anger (“get the hell off my property.”)
  • Suspicion (“what do you want?”)
  • General confusion ("? ?? ?")

0 voters

Writing a sci-fi book. An alien that is like a body snatcher befriends the main character. It is using his help to survive, but at some point should it try to actually use his body as a host?

• Alien attempts to take over the main character’s body
  • Alien does not attempt to take over the main character’s body

0 voters