Let's try this again. I will read your story if you read mine :)

writing
discussion
critiques
help
chat

yes i will read your work

done!

Thank you! Your poems are awesome btw

thank you! if you liked the first too you def will like the others :smiley:

Hi everyone!

Sorry i have been really busy this past weekend and i havent caught up with all the reading.
Will be sure to catch up within the next few days. :slight_smile:

Title: Schrodinger’s Child
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/user/modestmeri
Description: Meri, even since she was a child, has always felt invisible. Purely, completely, undeniably invisible. When her mother, tormented by the demons of substance abuse and mental illness, physically abused her siblings in her place? Invisible. When the other children at school taunted her and avoided her like the plague? Invisible. And later when she struggled with depression, forcing herself daily to go through the motions, even though she couldn’t find a single reason why she should? Invisible. All her life it has appeared that she is the only one who can see herself drowning. Maybe, she thinks, it’s not that they don’t see: it’s that they don’t care.

The concept of Schrodinger’s cat has always resonated with her. Shove a cat into a box, hide it away from prying eyes, and suddenly it is both alive and dead at the same time. It’s there and not there, healthy and unhealthy, real and unreal, as long as it remains unobserved. This is what Erwin Schrodinger himself would have called an observer’s paradox. It’s so ridiculous, he argued, that it simply cannot be true. Meri knows better. She can’t speak for Schrodinger’s cat, but she has always felt that she is Schrodinger’s child. Living but lifeless, mature but childlike, an unobserved observer, she is trapped between two worlds that no person should ever have to inhabit at once. Adulthood is lurking just around the corner for her, but even so, she cannot help but wonder; if there is no clear fate for Schrodinger’s cat, then what-if anything-will happen to her?

It is a little edgy but it’s not over the top (more like PG-13), and it’s a memoir, so it’s only that way because my life has been that way XD

Just want to clarify, vote for vote is not allowed on Wattpad :relieved:

Hi guys. Im going to be taking a short break from reading your stories due to personal loss. I’ll be back soon, dont worriy. Your stories ands poems are awesome

closed #30

Hi!

In order to ensure the threads in the Story Services club are current. After 14 days threads are closed and sunk. If you’d like to read more about this please go here.

If in the future you would like your thread closed, Add the tag plsclose to your thread along with a the message; Please Close me (And I’ll find it) or ask for it to be closed in the ‘Ask Ambassadors Anything’ thread that’s pinned in the cafe.

Thank you for your understanding

Community Ambassadors

unlisted #31