LGBT+ Writer's Group!

I only write in third it’s 100% about which character gets to voice these next events.

Any ideas who might be a good link between characters who can still relay all of the information to other characters?

Well then… What would be most fun to only mysteriously allude to and then explain afterwards? And which POV requires most details that would be glossed over if someone just retold the events?

GOOD POINT

None of these characters will ever talk to each other on friendly terms so if one misses something it’s for good. And any other character who could say something will not physically be there and will be getting what happened from one of the 3.

Oh. Hmm…

I feel like with my trying to avoid spoilers/naming people I’ve made this chapter sound needlessly complicated. So here it is.

This chapter is about two things. A trial and the day a political satirist is let out of prison for some shady reasons. The three potential characters are Princess Zurina (standing regent basically), Hartanti (spy to Prince Leonides) and Valera (the political satirist being let out of prison) so one of the scenes, the one I said is of debatable importance is the actual scene of Valera getting let out of prison. In a previous chapter Leonides gives him the deal to write something negative about the current queen to help darken her reputation among the common people in order to have his record wiped clean. And he does this. Now, in another chapter we’re also told the day he’s let out Queen Liliana will make a public apology and thus whatever he writes or what he says about her will either influence this event or make it’s way out anyway. The scene does serve another purpose in the fact that his “freedom” comes with strings and also ya know…could be considered the start of the romance arc between him and Leonides. Zurina clearly wouldn’t be here for his being let out of prison. She might show for Queen Liliana’s public apology.

The trial takes place in the council room with only people who serve the Escana government present. Meaning Valera won’t be there but Zurina would be, and Hartanti being a spy would not be far/would be listening in. Now, from Zurina’s POV she has a personal gripe with Lord Barraza (the man on trial) and likes to see him humbled. For Hartanti there is no bias at work and she would be purely an onlooker but she does know the next step in Leonides’ plan to ruin the Barraza as a family and a source of power in the empire which undermines most of the trial.

Hartanti is a candidate because she arguably is there for everything but her downfall is she knows nothing of anyone’s personal arcs and her own doesn’t start until another event that won’t take place here. Valera is important because this chapter is really about him and what his introduction to the court does and will do both to the empire and Leonides. But because of his position in society he is not privy to the trial or anything else about government and politics. Not yet, at least. Zurina is important because she would know sides to things Hartanti doesn’t know (with the queen) and also she has more emotional value in seeing the trial but having her introduce Valera would be shaking based on she would be too young to really know his name or how he’s significant. She would only know things through Leonides, who has taken full charge of the case and isn’t telling her much.

SPOILERS

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY

I DON’T WANT SPOILERS

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY MY PROBLEM CAN BE UNDERSTOOD

I’M NOT READING THAT

READ IT

NO

*writes viciously because it’s almost one am on a Thursday night (well, Friday now) and I still don’t have a chapter to post tomorrow *

YOU HURT ME. THAT TOOK SO LONG TO TYPE

I’M SCARED I’LL BE LESS EAGER TO READ IF THINGS ARE SPOILED FOR ME

same but I’m not even writing I’m waiting for my pizza to be done…

wails of agony

ooook fine, I can read it, because I’m a good friend who can sacrifice my reading pleasure for friends

I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY, FRIEND