LGBT+ Writer's Group!

ALL IS WELL.

The call of fluff…is so hard to ignore.
Ah, now that I get. It’s basically what happened here only Argus and Leo don’t meet for a whole novel (I think in the last draft it really was 50k words RIP) so fuck buddies to let’s get married is an arc I can get behind.
Because Leo doesn’t want to say he’s in love and Argus is a jerk about his feelings.

I mean. I will. I tell my friends I find him hot ALL THE TIME.

HURRAY

It’s there all the time. Why write any plot? Why not just write fluff all the time?

It’s what I felt was the most realistic? I mean, they meet in prison and they’re teenage boys who aren’t soft bois before they met each other. So like… It seemed like a natural progression for them.
UGH! GUYS! JUST KISS AND BE CUTE AND WHISPER CUTE THINGS ALREADY!

You know, that’s the kind of husband I’d be too. If I ever get wife I’d probably never stop telling people how hot I find her.

I AM NOT SORRY FOR THE APPLE THO.

That is possible actually but I hear you have to give up angst for it.
I dig it. I like a good super slow burn every now and then. It’s my historical fiction background so I do get so into characters who don’t even hold hands for like 100k words but also not everyone’s relationship takes the same course. So it’s interesting to see how they develop.
I just want them to LOVE each other but they haven’t met yet

You should! If only because it’s become really normal and expected to stop finding your spouse attractive to the point where when I openly flirt with Neil people give me weird looks. I married him because I find him attractive! He’s hot! I’m gonna say it.

YOU’RE GOING TO GET HER MAD and for real she’s like 5 foot nothing and I’m fucking terrified of that woman.

Ew. What’s fluff without angst?
I’m so bad at those who don’t just jump into bed with each other and then figure out feelings after. Which is ridiculous because I’m literally the opposite of that, myself. But like… I’m a whore on paper :joy: My characters just fuck left and right and then they’re like “Oh shit, we’ve caught feelings too now.” None of them are chaste. Except my ace girl. Obviously she’s not…
Anyways, ARGUS AND LEO! LOVE EACH OTHER! IN THE BATH! NOW!

I think that’s so sad that that isn’t normal. Like, flirt! Wooh your spouse. Just because you sealed the deal, that doesn’t mean you should just stop putting in effort. Romance the shit out of your spouse.

I THINK I CAN EVADE HER.

I don’t know…but some people seem to accomplish a narrative without it. Strange.
It helps because I seem to have a problem with characters who are very forthcoming with their feelings meanwhile on like date #3 I have planned weddings and am fully prepared to tell someone I love them but all my characters stare into the sky and go “how do I know I’m in love??? how can I be sure???”
THE BATH IS NOT THE SOLUTION.

So many relationships go dead because people let the flame die out. I’d tell Neil he’s hot right now if he didn’t need to get up for work in…an hour. Wow. It’s late. I gotta make him breakfast.

IF YOU BREAK HER, I WON’T BE HAPPY

I… I don’t think that’s possible. There has to be angst somewhere!
So both of us write what we’re not. That’s actually super interesting. Like, my characters are definitely usually the kind of people who’re like “Nah, we just fuckin’.” but secretly they’re all angst like “Omg do they LIKE ME BACK OR WHAT?!”

THE BATH IS ALWAYS THE SOLUTION

Have you been up all night too now? Dammit, why do we keep doing this? Also, tell him he’s hot when he wakes up.

I WILL NOT HARM YOUR MOTHER JUST AVOID HER

I know it doesn’t sound real but I swear it is!
Maybe we like seeing how it is to be the opposite. I think it’s fun to explore relationships. Argus and Leo start pretty quickly, others have taken months to even realize they were dating, I’m trying to work on one story where they’ve been pining for years but haven’t said anything and another when it’s an on and off fling where they avoid their feelings because of angst. It’s all a good time. I love love.

I’VE REMEMBERED SOMETHING. In the first first ORG draft where Argus became a prince and the mc one of the scenes where he visits Leo in jail did include a bath and it got cut.

Yes :, ). Because we’re trash beings? And now I have to make eggs in a zombie-state. And of course I’ll tell him he’s hot.

SHE’S HELLA FIT SO GOOD LUCK

I’m actually thinking it’s an urban legend now.
I definitely agree with that. I actually tried the insta-love for one book. I know, I know, ugh insta-love grrr bad. But… It was actually really fun. It was just all fluff and romance and bath scenes and angst and some torture and it’s definitely not the best I’ve ever written, but dammit I had fun writing that. But at the same time, I’m having fun writing Big Lassies where the lassies are just… Not talking about what they are??? It takes a while before they sleep with each other but like… They haven’t even talked about the fact. So they’re… Weird :joy:

WHAT! HOW COULD YOU! HOW DOES ONE CUT BATH SCENES?! I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK, JUNE

Such trash. And I’ve kind of… Given up on trying to sleep because the sun is blaring right in through my window so fuck that.
He’ll love the zombie eggs and the compliments, I’m sure.

I’VE SPENT YEARS AVOIDING MY OWN MOTHER. ANOTHER MOM WILL NOT BEST ME

It’s a real thing I swear.
I was pretty anti-romance for early writing years so I never got into the insta-love thing. I do however very obviously embrace the trope of a character who is way to into their own beauty so…0 judgement here.
Mmmm weirdness. I had characters runaway together, live in a private villa for months, and then have one of them basically pull a “but what are we? do you even like me?” and it’s my everything

IT’S SO GONE. It went right out the window around the time I realized Leo isn’t conventionally attractive.

I’m stuffing toast into my mouth. I am King Trash. At least it’s still dark for me but even if I do sleep I have so many hours until all the windows are flooded with light and then my dogs will want my attention and someone needs to be a good pet owner.
He will. He’s a good spouse

MY MUM GREW UP IN MOUNTAINS AND HURRICANES. SHE CAN BEST ANYONE.

I’m very very very suspicious.
I wasn’t either. Like, it wasn’t until I started writing in English the whole romance part became bigger for me. And then Frej Rising happened which was more Romance than anything else.
Omg. I live for that kind of romance. “We’re so in love… But what are we tho???”

I DEMAND A BATH SCENE TO MAKE UP FOR IT. And you know you owe it to literally everyone. LITERALLY EVERYONE want this.

That was me an hour ago. I made egg burgers and just stuffed my face like the absolute trash person I am.
I love it. And I’m a little jealous.

Hello can I join? I’m ace/polyrom

YOUR MOM HAS NEVER MET ME. I’VE WALKED DOGS DURING HURRICANES

It’s scary to think about people who don’t like angst but…they’re out there.
I actively hated romance as a genre and refused to read it. I was really on that “romance books are lesser books” train. I don’t know why I’m such a romantic person or I at least fall easily for romantic themes. Like, I’m a HUGE Valentines Day fan even if I know it’s just an excuse to spend money. But then I realized I do love romance. And writing it. Def reading it.
There’s nothing I love more than absolute fools in love.

I ONLY SEE YOU WANTING IT. It’s also better this way. Now the only time Argus would see Leo’s back and when he himself is ready to open up.

I’m so trash I couldn’t even finish my eggs.
Neil’s gonna wake up soon and see this disaster.

Hi! Of course you can :smile:

Hi and welcome!

thank you!

Aw thanks

YOU MIGHT MAKE A WORTHY OPPONENT. BUT CAN YOU NOT CRY WHEN SHE GETS MAD? Because honestly I still can’t.

Like who the fuck doesn’t like angst? If you’re not writing angst, what are you even doing?
IRL I hate romance. Get that cheesy shit away from me. But in books? Biiiitch, give me ALL OF IT. And I mean ALL of it.
I live for literary morons in love. It’s my kink.

LITERALLY NO! EVERYONE WANTS CUTE BATH SCENES, I’M TELLING YA.
TELL ME YOU DON’T WANT MORE OF THIS SHIT

His shirt slid off his shoulders and then he started undoing his trousers. When he was fully nude, he very gracefully slid into the tub, settling down on my thighs, his hands sliding from my stomach and up my chest.

“Beautiful man,” I murmured and leaned forward, softly kissing his cheek. He inhaled sharply and dug his fingers into my chest, making soft waves in the water. “Was there anything you wanted? Besides sharing a bath with me?”

“I’ve forgotten now,” he breathed and slid his hands down, them disappearing between the bubbles.

Actually that’s true. But I still want more bath scenes. I don’t know what it is about them, okay? But listen, they’re everything.

How did you not finish the eggs? Are they just burning on the pan or?

So what kind of stories do you write/read?

NOW THAT MIGHT BE TOUGH. If my mom cries my entire world just ends.

I think it’s just…all fluff?
I’m a cheesy man. Lather me in it.
:, ) they were such idiots. It was glorious. People being too stupid to realize their feelings is SO my thing.

HOW DARE YOU TEMPT ME WITH FLUFF. ABSOLUTELY HOW DARE YOU.

They can’t have bath scenes until Leo is comfortable with his body!

I made some for myself and didn’t finish eating them

I write fantasy/action/adventure/dystopian and read similar stories:) My characters are basically all lgbtq haha