LOL35 Chat-thread for women writers aged 35+ (read 1st post before joining)

Lucky you :slight_smile: I love cycling and swimming :slight_smile:

To a certain degree, yes. The Gujaratis add sugar in everything. Everything tastes sweet. And I’m honestly not a fan of sweet food.

True.The BMC isn’t bothered about lives, tbh. They are only concerned about filling their pockets with the tax-payers hard earned money.

Congrats to @lhansenauthor and @paulapdx for winning a Wattys this year.

Celebration

And also congrats to @jinnis – sorry, didn’t check the German winners before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congratulations on winning the Wattys 2018- @lhansenauthor, @paulapdx and @Jinnis :confetti_ball:

Thank you so much, @SallyMason1 and @Nablai… i still can’t believe it.
And congratulations to @lhansenauthor and @paulapdx

*throws confetti

Congrats @paulapdx, @jinnis, @lhansenauthor and all Watty Winners!

• throws confetti

Congratulations @paulapdx, @jinnis, @lhansenauthor and all Watty Winners!

Thank you, guys!! I appreciate the well wishes! :relaxed: It was quite a day. Of course, work kept me from enjoying much of it, but what are ya gonna do?

Congrats to @lhansenauthor and @jinnis as well! :partying_face:

Thank you all so VERY much!!! Next year it will be other members of this group. i think we are doing very well indeed. Has somebody counted the Wattys and features we share?

That would make a nice story to tell the grandkids:)

Yay!!! Congratulations to both of you!

Yeah and this morning the editor from Literary Wanderlust finally hit home. AAAAARGHHHHHH Yesterday I put “The end” under novel nur 7 and I was so hoping for a break. Nope.

Hey ladies,
Anyone with a suggestion how to handle recurring migraines? I’m so done with them, but they not with me. Anything that helps…

By the way, why don’t men get migraines? I’ve heard the sentence „well you know, women your age…“ once too many. As if being over 50 and a woman would be an act of sacrilege.
Brings out my worst cynicism — so sorry to exist, I’m aware that in a perfect world, all of us should have died in childbirth between 35 and 40…

Well, rant over, going to nurse my headaches :exploding_head:

Men do get them - My grandfather used to suffer from 3-day migraines… I used to get them fairly frequently but not so much now (unless alcohol induced!!). Sometimes drinking lots of water helps (helps reduce swelling of blood vessels) and a combination of ibuprofen and paracetemol tablets (one of each) if taken early enough, or something with codeine… other times, I just have to ride through until I throw up. (urk!)
Apparently, latest research says acupuncture has good results??
You have my sympathy - horrible things!

I think they arise from neck issues. I rub certain areas on my temple and the back/side of my neck and it goes away. But I guess it could be triggered by different things.

I got my first migraine my senior year of high school. I usually get visual auras along with the pain. So I get these weird blurred blind spots in my vision. The first time it happened I thought I was having an aneurysm and going blind.

Mine are most often hormone/period related. The week before my period begins I always get the most vicious ones. They seem to have gotten worse the older I get (I’m 41). So I’m not sure what that means for when I start going through menopause. Time will tell I guess.

I use pain meds (usually ibuprofen/Motrin/Advil or Naproxen/Aleve), caffeine, and peppermint (oil and/or gum) to help me. If it’s really bad then a cool cloth in a dark and quiet room to nap if I can.
That’s the best advice I can give unfortunately.

That sounds really bad :frowning: And scary too, with all those weird symptoms

Yes, mine are similar and also correlated with my period. I had them in my adolescence and they restarted around forty. Since then, they get worse. In the meantime, pain meds don’t help anymore. Ibuprofen seems best. I tried some special stuff called zolmitriptan, but it leaves me dizzy for weeks, so I prefer not to take it.
During an attack, my left eye is almost blind while my right seems unaffected. If it’s really bad, I can’t eat nor drink without vomiting. These days, I hide in my room, shutters closed and willing them to be over and gone for good. I can’t even sleep.
Will try the peppermint oil, I never did. Caffeine helps, but only in th early stages and as long as my stomach can take it.
There’s still the hope they stop with the menopause…

[Tightest Hugs] :hugs: and feel better soon, Jinnis :slight_smile:

Hi all, I’m April and I turn the big 40 in the month of April. The biggest sacrifice I feel I make is kind of being seditary more than I want to be when writing. I try to break it up and move around, get outside, etc. Maintaining your weight is a struggle…sigh.