long term friends?

friends

HI! Im Zely! :relaxed:

lol so do i i love to read and write

Are you currently working on anything in particular?

yes two things mostly if i ever stop procrastinating

Lol the struggle is real! I just finished a story I started a month ago but still have an unfinished story that has just been sitting in my account with three chapters for the past five years :woman_facepalming: my goal is now that I finished that one I’ll start working on the other one

im glad

I have faith in you.

Hey!

@NineLight Thanks! Im actually a little nervous, I have a couple of comments from readers a long time ago asking me to update and I just feel that its been a long time coming and I just don’t want to disappoint. I don’t even remember where I was heading with the story you know? super nerve-racking

HI!!! :relaxed:

Girl, I reread everything I do when I go back to it. I’ve reread the entirety of my book more than three times now, in order to edit and revise chapter by chapter.

I do that too!!! omg I reread it like someone else wrote it lol. Sometimes im reading and when the chapter ends im like super anxious to know what happens next and then im like ‘Crap, I haven’t written the next chapter’ lol now that I finished one of my stories im like super sad and I miss my characters. Is that just me? Im like in love with them and the stories over and I kind of still want to be in that world

I know exactly what you mean! I’ve caused myself depression during the dark moments of my own story. W.T.F. BUT THAT JUST MEANS YOU"RE DOING A GOOD JOB AND MUST KEEP GOING!!!

afarghtr bqt 15f4

I read sad parts and my eyes water lol What kind of stories do you write?

I’m like you in that I started a story that I haven’t updated. It’s total Medieval Fiction that’s gritty (don’t know when I’ll go back).

The Book I finished on here is sci-fi, and that has hooked my attention. And the feedback was so great, I’m outlining a sequel. When the first book is published, I plant to make it free.

So how is your writing style? Do you like to really plan it out and know exactly what your story is going to be before you write it or do you just start and kind of let the characters lead you?

Funny you bring that up. My first book was exactly that. My characters just paved the way for everything that happened. They practically wrote themselves and the story.

For my sci-fi book, I planned THE HELL out of it. I actually really liked the outline method because it made the story flow smoother in the end and made the drafting process less of a headache. That said, I get carried away when I start trying to contrive the character’s entire backstory, the backstory of the locations, and start researching the science I write about. Still, I like to be prepared.

So I kind of just have an idea and completely let the characters tell me what direction to go it and yeah its good but I really wish I had the patience to plan everything out like that, I don’t do well when I plan things I just feel like it cuts off my inspiration you know? I do think planning helps to avoid serious plot holes I just can’t bring myself to make a good outline for the life of me

That’s completely understandable. What I’ve enjoyed about outlines is that, in many ways, it’s like free writing. I just write a bunch of lines for a chronology:

X finds himself in this neighborhood

X Meets Y stranger.

X and Y run into a cult
(Ideas start popping in my head, and then I refine)

-The neighborhood is run down, at the base of a mountain, and its inhabitants are afraid

X Meets Y stranger.
-Name of the stranger is Krixis,
-Stranger has a lisp
-stranger won’t take his hand out of his coat (why?)

X and Y run into a cult
-Cult worships the god dorthmaal
-They hunt and kidnap people in the night (why people of the neighborhood are so afraid)
(At this point, I know what I want characters X and Y to do
X and Y infiltrate the cult in order help the people get found
(But wait, they should need their own motives)

Goes back to the beginning of the outline

X Meets Y stranger.
Character X is a bounty hunter hired to investigate a serial murder garbed in black.
-Name of the stranger is Krixis,who heard news of a woman matching the description of his sister appearing in this location
-Stranger has a lisp
-stranger won’t take his hand out of his coat (why?)

X and Y run into a cult
-Cult worships the god dorthmaal
-They hunt and kidnap people in the night (why people of the neighborhood are so afraid)
(At this point, I know what I want characters X and Y to do
X and Y infiltrate the cult in order help the people get found

Lmfaoooo stranger has a lisp :joy::joy::joy: i love it. That’s actually really helpful i might do that for my unfinished story just to kind of get an idea of where to go