Looking for a Beta for a Werewolf Fantasy novel -- will exchange with my own Beta services

Hey everyone!

So I am writing a Werewolf Fantasy with a focus on Romance/Action. This is the second draft of the story, and I am very eager to find a Beta Reader to go through this newer draft for me.

It’s called Blood of Rubies.

Synopsis:

(Official revised draft of Waxing Moon) Cora Gabris is discovered to have a rare blood type that is useful to lycans, which harbors an immunity to silver. As a war between humans and lycans accelerates, Cora is taken from her home to realize the potential her blood has.

The Matriarchs of the lycan culture have noted that human hunters are gathering steam at an uncomfortable rate. These Matriarchs fear falling back underneath human control, growing desperate with their actions. When they learn of the blood type Rs, they demand that they be brought to their capitols.

Once Cora is presented to the Alpha of Reiger, it is decided that they need her to realize the potential of her blood by becoming one of them. The Matriarchs demand she find a mate, so her mate may harness the power of her blood.

The longer Cora is exposed to the lycan culture, the more she questions what it means to be human. She also learns that there is more to her situation than is being let on, and when a war with humanity rises, Cora learns the true reason she was taken.

What I am looking for is:

• Chapter by Chapter exchange
  • Commenting throughout the chapter (doesn’t have to be extensive feedback, but usually around 5-10+ in-line comments per chapter)
  • A final comment at the end of each chapter
  • An analysis, once it’s over, on the top 3 characters/plot/climax

I am not done with the revision, so it wouldn’t be a “let’s finish this in a month!”. It would be more of over the next 2-3 months, I’d like to have this finished.

For me, as a beta reader, I can be anything from a HARSH critique, to just focusing on the positive. I don’t really mind, to be honest. I personally want a harsher critique on my story, with another focus of mentioning what was enjoyed in each chapter. Essentially, learning what is the good and bad to the story.

Let’s see if anyone is interested!

1 Like

I’m interested but can you give an example of feedback you’re looking for?

1 Like

So, so far, with other stories it’s been commenting through each chapter. It doesn’t have to be a full analysis, but just engagement. Essentially, I want to see what parts in each chapter really resonated with the reader, and what parts turned the reader off. I’m fine with most comments be engaging comments, like “Lol, this is awesome.” or “Meh, not into this” as long as 1-2 of the in-line comments point out areas that they like or dislike.

The overall comment…I am thinking like 9-11 sentences for each chapter. It depends. Some chapters really don’t warrant much, whereas some chapters might warrant 2 final comments.

Then, I’d like an overall anaylsis. Nothing too crazy. Just maybe 9-11 sentences for each area: Plot/Climax/Characters

I’d return the same :slight_smile:

However, I’d also be okay with doing something less extensive. I MOSTLY want just some genuine feedback. Is it good? Where is it not working? What do you like so far, and why? Where did I lose you? Where did you find yourself skimming? If you could change one thing, what would it be?

I essentially would like to at least self-publish this one day, so I mostly want to know where are the kinks that need to be ironed out.

Like I said, I can do anything from extensive feedback, to a lighter version of that.

I’d be interested in talking more!! You tend to write in similar genres, so that’d be awesome :smiley:

EDIT:

I’d say, bare minimum…EACH CHAPTER = 2 in-line comments, and one final comment on each chapter, 5-7 sentences. Again, I’d return that as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m going off topic but I wanted to say that’s an amazing cover. Who was the artist/designer?

1 Like

I’m in. Is this wattpad or google doc?

1 Like

Hey @charlottemallory!

I’m interested in beta’ing for you (gorgeous cover!). I have a few questions first so I PM’ed you.

1 Like

Hey, are you still looking for readers? If so, I’d be happy to do the exchange. I’d personally prefer a more plot\characters focus, but I’m happy with any feedback.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the replies :slight_smile:

For now, I have received quite a bit of feedback on the manuscript as is, and have decided to work on editing what I have and finishing it before entering a beta-exchange. I also need to lessen the amount of side projects I have to properly dedicate the time to such partnerships, but I appreciate all the responses!

Also thank you!! I made the cover myself :slight_smile:

I am interested in swapping for a beta read. Would you be okay reading a urban fantacy story in script format?
Email me at maywalker2014@gmail.com of you are interested.

1 Like

interesting :100:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.