Looking for a gang who write the same genre as me!

I was wondering how to get to know more writers of my genre, so I decided to start a post because the Wattpad search filters suck!

I write in a few genres but my books always have romance. I don’t write any romances but I like to watch upon topics where the characters respect each other and have a mature bond. I usually take upon themes such as marriage, relationships where adults are struggling to adjust and complicated characters who readers don’t like at first.

My main focus lies on character development and I like to write mature characters who have real flaws (like pride, arrogance, ignorant towards their responsibilities) and try to make the readers love them towards the end.

Who else is out their who writes and likes such stories? Would love to know your all!

Hello there. :blush: I tend to write similar things? My genre varies between fantasy and close genres but I always have romance and adults characters who are finding their way in life.

1 Like

Oh Hi! Nice to meet you!
What are you working on now?

1 Like

Well, uh, I’m working on many stories right now… :sweat_smile: I’m that writer who writes multiple stories at once. One project involves a retelling of Snow White while another involves a woman falling for a ghost and a secret admirer.

What about you?

1 Like

My current main project is called ‘The Lonely God’. It’s a story about a thirty year old man and a twenty-four year old woman. They have a kind of love/hate relationship but they are always loyal to each other.

Do you struggle in getting readers?

1 Like

That sounds cool. It’s an interesting title.

Eh, probably. :joy:

1 Like

I struggle a lot. I recently tried writing a teen fiction and that was booming with reads but I can’t continue it because I suck at writing teenfics :neutral_face:

1 Like

:eyes: Same. I just don’t relate to teens anymore.

1 Like

I would love to check out your book. What is it called?

I can relate to this. so me! haha
My two MCs are both almost 30y. and glared, like any of us. Making them feel more real to me

1 Like

I just love mature characters both in age and habits. They are so much realistic.

1 Like

exactly ^.^ we need more of those!

1 Like

I’m doing teen fic and i’m up to 106 reads at 6 chapters

It’s good to see another writer who likes flawed individuals. I write mostly victims and villains and people having to make difficult choices. An independent girl going through arranged marriage, a righteous tyrant who murders for the greater good, a mother who is trying not to hate her own child. A son who can’t decide which of his parents he hates more. Lovers who have to make the choice between love and loyalty. That sort of thing. It’s not a book for the morally correct or the narrow minded or those who need a happy ending. Definitely not one that belongs on WP lol

2 Likes

I have succeeded on all of these points. :dog2:

Summary of all three books as one.

Summary

One who embraces their imperfections and selfish desires, becoming corruption itself. All to grasp a chance to achieve which they most desire. A life of eternal conflict, sorrow that repeatedly pushes through. Hatred from deep within. Anguish building continuously. Remorse, conviction, resolve, all in which reveals the seven sins in which manifests within. Take hold, grab forth, reach out, and push forward.

An Iconoclast, one who has fallen into the depths of despair, diving deeper and deeper. Embracing those imperfection, those selfish desires. Hatred is known, emotions clash, morality tested. Even if they must become the enemy of the nine worlds, then so be it. An eternal conflict, destiny in which they crush down, and push forward their own future, their own resolve.

One who eternally devours, one who bathes in malevolence. Even so, even if the world so shall damn them to oblivion, they shall press forward. Sorrow deep within, resolve burning strong. Sins eternally stained upon the soul. Such is the will to oppose, such is the will to continue on.

An endless nightmare, one in which never seems to end. One who continuously scream out, but never heard. Agony that intensifies, betrayal is known, trust on trial. One who became a legend, one who eternally remains in bondage, breaking through one trial after the next, for a chance to grasp their deepest desire.

Reach out, grab hold, and shout your soul Defiler of Souls.

1 Like

I have 6 chapters and 604 reads even though I have stopped working on the book. This is like magic.

1 Like

These are such amazing topics you are covering. What’s your story about?

1 Like

This post is like a blessing to eyes. What’s the name of your book?

1 Like

I can guarantee that there are very few writers of those in wattpad.

1 Like

I am always conflicted on saying the name of my book in this specific scenario.

Well.

Restoration

Is the name.

Restoration(Book 1)

Restoration: Cursed Memories(Book 2)(Release In Progress)

Restoration: The Great War(Book 3)(Currently Under Reconstruction)

1 Like