Looking for adventure stories with sci-fi/fantasy elements [Closed, I've got enough books to read for now]

Hi guys,

First off, I’m kind of new to Wattpad even though I’ve had an account for a while; I’m not a very active person on here. This is also my first post, so hooray!

I’m only on here to read, but I thought it’d be easier to streamline my search and ask around here.

Requirements:

1. English only. Sorry, but I’m not nearly fluent enough in other languages to read anything else :frowning_face:
  2. Adventure must be the main focus. If romance is the main focus and adventure is the subplot, please don’t suggest the story because I’m not looking for that. However, if romance is actually a subplot, I won’t mind it so long as it serves a purpose in moving the story forward.
  3. Action, sci-fi and fantasy are strongly preferred. I’m a fan of comics, so anything with superpowers and magic automatically gets a bump in my eyes. I’m also a fan of hard magic, so let me know if you have a unique magic system to share because I’m definitely interested.
  4. Good grammar and spelling is a must. Or at least, a strong preference.
  5. Preferably not your own story. This isn’t a strict requirement, but I’d appreciate it if you were suggesting someone else’s story instead. Part of this is because this way, I know someone else has read and enjoyed the story, so I likely will too. However, I won’t mind if you suggest your own story because we all know that writers are their own biggest fans.

That about covers it. If it helps, I’m a fan of Tolkien, Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time, Brandon Sanderson, Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea, DC Comics, the Marvel movies, Star Wars 1-6 only, Scott Lynch’s Gentleman Bastards, Ender’s Game, Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden series, and Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl. If the story you have to recommend sounds anything like any of their works, please suggest it. Also, (sorry) I’m not a fan of Game of Thrones.

On an unrelated (but still slightly related note), I thought I’d suggest a story that I really loved because it was the one that really drew me back to Wattpad and got me to continue reading on here. It’s called Trial 017 by @jhobbes627. It’s sort of a superhero story, where all the humans have powers (except the protagonist). It’s a great story, and I suggest giving it a read.

On that note, cue the story suggestions. By the way, I’m not an active person, so forgive me if it takes a week for me to get back to you.

2 Likes

Heroism by Nandini is good.

Perhaps you might like my book Arcaida. I won’t link it out of respect for your requirements. But I’ll post the blurb

Year 3444: A fledgling colony funded by Lanston-Co, a multi-trillion pound corporation from the United Interstellar Kingdom has set out to colonise the frontier world of PN-40A7823F - Arcadia. The colony headed by an idealistic young man - Adam, the youngest of the Lanston family will seek to settle into a new harmonious existence. Life on Arcadia is bountiful with everything thriving in a complex web of symbolism, the earth readily gives up its fruits and seeds for man to feast alongside the natural beast of the world. As man drives to bend Arcadia to its will as it has done countless times before on thousands of worlds, they will discover the hubris of their actions.

Title: New World

Genre: Fantasy/Action-Adventure

Chapters: 25 (Ongoing, Updates Every Other Sunday)

Summary: One day I woke up with a single thought racing throughout my mind, “Stay alive… Find the truth.”

Follow the story of Anthony, a boy who one day woke up with only the clothes on his back and the name given to him at birth, on a cliffside to a world which he doesn’t recognize; a world in which he doesn’t belong to. Alongside Jay, a cold but full-hearted-mentor. Follow them as they use the unlimited arts of magic to make connections throughout this cruel world and fight to find the truth they desire.

Link: New World
Author Link: A_Darken_soul

Please Come Check Out My Story. Thank You!

1 Like

Human Error is really good. It’s a sci-fi, futuristic type plot, and the first book is complete!
https://www.wattpad.com/story/58728777-human-error

You may like mine that I’m currently writing. It’s mainly a sci-fi/action/thriller type book. There’s only 4 chapters though (hopefully 5 by the end of the night). I’ll post the synopsis.

Years after humanity is nearly wiped clean from the face of the Earth, society has successfully rebuilt itself under the watchful eye of an all-powerful artificial intelligence more commonly referred to as the Supreme Intelligence. This world knows no hunger or disease and very little pain. Even death is rare, but it’s not impossible.

Enter Evangeline, a troubled young woman who has struggled to find her place within this perfect world. After being found on the brink of death and deemed unsavable by the Supreme Intelligence, she is granted what is called the ‘last phone call’ in which a dying human’s consciousness is linked to the person of their choosing in order to say their final goodbyes. But when Evangeline’s choice defies the impossible in both life and death, she is forced to face the consequences of her decision including a deal with Death itself that she cannot refuse.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/186645306-death's-assassin

Since you like Star Wars, I’m going to recommend my story. It is technically fanfiction, but it is an original retelling that needs no prior knowledge of the franchise.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/183455993-across-the-stars-a-star-wars-fanfic
Not so long ago, in a galaxy not so far away, lives a young man named Han Solo. With no real goal in life and working odd jobs around town just to get by, Han believes his existence will forever remain mundane and ordinary. However, when a spaceship crashes in the desert, Han will soon find his life become just a little more interesting…

I also have a story based off the DC comics characters, but I’m not sure if you’d be interested since it is horror/mystery. :slight_smile: Let me know.

Oh, I got one that meets all of the requirements except it is my own.

It’s called Ultimates, and its a series.

It takes place in a galaxy called the Ultimates Galaxy, where there are crystals called Ultimate Crystals that give you any power you want. That’s the main idea, and then there is the regular series. Here’s what that’s about.

A young 13-year-old boy named Ichoo lives a normal life in a different galaxy called the Ultimates Galaxy. Ichoo lives on a planet that is very similar to Earth. He and his best friend Saturo one day while escaping from a bully left the school and made it to the mountains where they meet a man, with a spaceship, who offered to take them somewhere else since they were bored. They accepted his invitation, not knowing that their lives were going to be changed forever…

Ichoo and Saturo get Ultimate Crystals and develop powers, as they venture out in a galaxy filled with people that have powers. They make friends and enemies along the way, and get themselves a master to teach and train them. Their master sent them on many missions, and some of them involved the Electric Artifacts needed to summon the Master of Electricity, Elec!

I didn’t provide a link, but you could search it and find it or you can ask me for a link if you are interested.

Summary: After beings of another world kidnap her brother for a mad sorcerer’s schemes, the disfigured ward of Dasos will be sent on the adventure of her life…

Sahara is the young ward of the royal family of Dasos. Despite her kind nature, she is consistently shunned by most of society due to her mysterious origins and a scar that most believe to be a consequence of witchcraft. She is resigned to her place in Dasos, but the death of her grandmother and the monarchs of Dasos brings forth an overwhelming longing for a freedom she has quietly yearned for. There seems to be nothing she can do to change her fate, though.
However, when her adopted brother Nashoba is abruptly kidnapped by shadow-like creatures and a mysterious branded woman, Sahara makes a momentousness decision to follow her brother’s abductors. Suddenly thrust into a spectacular, yet, dangerous world, Sahara discovers a mysterious legend who could help her save Nashoba from a horrendous fate. Now, Sahara must overcome her own insecurities and trust in herself and others in order to brave this enchanting world and, perhaps, discover more about herself than she knew…

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/691606982-the-legend-of-the-moonflower-princess-prologue

1 Like

Here’s a sci-fi story with strong fantasy elements. Essentially manipulating scientific laws takes the place of magic. Plenty of adventure with a little romance thrown in. Hope it’s what you’re looking for. Thanks.

At its core, magic is just the ability to change the laws of nature.

Mason Grant had worked hard to achieve his dream of becoming an engineer, but an unexpected visit from his old college professor changes everything. To Mason, Professor Anklin’s tale of a civilization decimated after developing the ability to manipulate the laws of science seems like the ramblings of a senile old man. However, a demonstration of the professor’s abilities convinces the skeptical Mason who accepts Anklin’s invitation to travel to Myscreth.

Once there, Mason begins learning to control abilities he never dreamed were possible. But all is not as it seems. Even as the Myscrethian people try to rebuild their ruined world, there are those who seek to once again unleash the power which led to its destruction. And as Mason quickly discovers, this time it’s not only Myscreth’s fate that hangs in the balance, but Earth’s as well.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/152805636-myscreth

@chuj-4 Check out The 32 by Tim Johnson. It’s a short story, so it’s hard to say much without spoiling it, but it’s quality and a fast read — a couple scenes about young guys in a dystopian future with a twist ending.

I’ve also got a sci-fi short called Depths about a young girl vs. a sea monster.

For something longer, check out Ogenus: Earth by WhiskeySeattle — it’s about a group of very different people coming together when their dystopian underwater society is threatened.

I have a lot of great books I can recommend => https://www.wattpad.com/list/563629718 It’s a mishmash of genres, but there are many that fall into your preferred categories :slight_smile:

I write action/adventure/fantasy stories too :smiley: The only with decent grammar are Silver Darkness, The Crossing Destinies (both open fanfictions = minimal to zero fandom knowledge needed) and NinRai (original story).

1 Like

Hi, there! I hope you will like to read my Marvel Crossover Series.

KREE VOIDWALKER

the_kree_voidwalker___preview__by_e31-dcfdvvd%20(1)

Genre: Sci-fi, Adventure, Crossover, Fanfiction (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1 x Destiny 1: House of Wolves)
Link :https://www.wattpad.com/story/168920634-kree-voidwaker
Chapters: 9 Completed

Wang Tengfei formerly Captain Taron Vrok of the Kree Imperial Army has left his home planet after discovering Ronan’s plots against the NOVA Empire and to embark a journey into a different dimension.

For those who are hyped with Avengers: Endgame, here’s a multi-cast crossover AU story for Infinity War:

INTERPLANETARY ONSLAUGHT

interplanetary_onslaught__nyc_all_out_war_by_e31-dcavgdd.jpg
interplanetary_onslaught__nyc_all_out_war_by_e31-dcavgdd.jpg1024×569 221 KB

Genre: Sci-fi, Superhero, Doomsday, and Crossover

https://www.wattpad.com/story/171922665-interplanetary-onslaught

The Mad Titan has to fulfill a fatal obligation which he called out more forces to destroy and fulfill his idea of the universe’s balance. The heroes had to find a way to stop him and his cohorts before the world ends.

UNIVERSAL DESPAIR

Genre: Sci-fi, Superhero, Drama, Action, and Multiverse
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/185031356-universal-despair

The Kree Eternal, Amelia Dalton (Amiah-Selah), Captain of the NOVA Corps faces an overpowered cosmic enemy and goes on a quest to find the 12 Infinity Dogs in order to save the multiverse.

Will they ever succeed?

FORERUNNER MEETS THE GUARDIANS

Genre: Sci-fi, Adventure, Time Travel, Crossover
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/184701823-forerunner-meets-the-guardians

The motley crew goes to the future to find answers and prevent a doomsday destiny to the cosmos with the help of the Forerunner and a Spartan II member.

A GOTGxHalo crossover and space adventure story takes place before Race Against Thanos and Interplanetary Onslaught.

1 Like

Definitely read all of CrystalScherer’s books. She is uncomfortable with romance as well, and because of that, even if romance is in the book, it’s a subsubsubplot. Except with the two fantasy stories revolving around mates (Looking to Belong, When the Heart Sings), but even those are 100% SFW, and have a plot outside of the romance.

1 Like

Username: @MrPuncho
Title: Warwielder
Genre: Fantasy, Action-Adventure
Blurb: Marschal’s down on his luck.

He’s a remnant of a fallen empire that once spanned several conquered nations. Now he’s forced to struggle through day-to-day life with too many enemies on his tail. But all that changes when a stranger offers to grant him what he wants most.

But at a price.

For there is a mysterious lady who’s looking to embark on a mysterious quest and she needs companions to help her accomplish it. A wiser man would have refused. But beggars can’t be choosers.

And Marschal is about to learn that maybe not all adventures are taken by heroes.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/171792276-warwielder-book-1-of-an-aderié-odyssey

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there! Well I might have exactly what you’re looking for :wink: Adventure is the main focus and romance is a subplot, but it does move the story forward. Action and fantasy with sci-fi elements guaranteed :wink:

Who wouldn’t like to get sucked into their favorite video game? Sixteen-year-old hacker and hardcore gamer Malory can tell you how it feels. She’s been playing this way for years―but she knows the wrong move could trap her in her computer forever.

There’s more: her memories and inner turmoil are fueling the software. That’s how she saw her action-adventure paradise taking a sharp horror turn, after she came out of childhood with a few skeletons in her closet. J-L, the recurring boss, has now so much power over the game that it’s nearly unplayable. And his influence might well spread beyond it . . .

Malory can’t possibly share this secret with her parents. She has lost the hacker community’s trust. Her two best friends, Chloe and Tilda, are her only hope of defeating J-L―even if it means tricking them into helping her and risking their lives. If Malory can’t overcome her childhood demons and turn her real life around, she will lose her best friends to a virtual sanctuary that she’s not even sure she can fix.

Are you ready to log in?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/164633436-fairies-not-found-fatal-error-1-✔

1 Like

Hey! This is the Science-Fiction prequel to CLOUD 9 , which is on Amazon etc., if you’re a fan give SECTOR 10 a read!

It’s a good mix of Space-Opera, Techno-Thriller, and Cyberpunk in a single story!

Link: SECTOR 10

In 2086, Ellis Bartram’s tech-conglomerate Delphi Corp. must find a solution to its automated failures and put an end to the economic crisis. When a group of scientists in Washington, D.C. discovers Delphi Corp.’s Cloud software is the culprit, an experiment to repair the supercomputer with a neural-link sends them back in time. A war between Greys and a race of reptilians named Yhemlen is bourgeoning across parallel universes that threatens to annihilate both worlds. Once humans enter the fray, Bartram and his accomplices are forced to solve an ancient mystery before their home on Earth is destroyed.

P.S. You like Tolkien, Jordan, Scott Card, and Ursula K. Le Guin! That’s a pretty good lineup.

SECTOR%20all%20lost

Take the red pill and see how far down the rabbit hole goes…

An epic adventure, an unreliable narrator, an intense cast of characters. Follow a digital subroutine from a 21st century Earth VR simulation that uploads himself into an advanced synthetic body, yet still identifies as human, when he wakes up on a gargantuan space freighter piloted by a 100-year-old sperm whale named Jonas, who offers him a job he can’t refuse.

There are monkey eating lizard men, diamond scout ships, galactic witch cults with hordes of genetically altered space wolves, a naked tattooed female stunt bike rider, puppies, a gang of reincarnated save-the-whalers, an Israeli spy general, Inuits from the 1800s, hulk bodied Zero-G commandos, rainbow squid, indestructible rust robots, an aging biologist trapped in a young girl’s body, secret oceans in the storage decks, technology-hating narwhals, acid guns, giant wasps, red lightning electric samurai swords, Ursa Minor Gnomes, a nebula belching wormhole, and of course, sperm whales: social big brained computer geniuses and the best starship pilots in the galaxy.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/87703187-echo-1-the-whale

For your hard magic needs: The Wizard (is complete but coming out one chapter at a time for the next many weeks)…

The Wizard

The path of good or path of evil are options for becoming the most powerful wizard in the universe. When the Grand Master is killed by his apprentice, it’s up to his youngest pupil to find a way to restore the balance of nature.

In this hardcore high fantasy adventure, the wizard joins a mad-scientist gnome tinkerer, a frankensteined reconstructed ogre, and a mysteriously french elfish rouge to go after a megalomaniacal necromancer with more than a dragon up his sleeve. Will they choose righteousness or revenge?

Updates every week.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/162671971-the-wizard

Hey! Maybe you might like mine. It’s a fantasy based story with very, very little to no romance.
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/157351254-athena-wolfborn
Summary:
In the mystic land of Ilerea, filled with creatures of legend, Athena Wolfborn lived her life doing what an assassin ought to do; kill.

Stories of the Forefront Alliance and its defeat were always whispered to children, to remind them of what would happen if they ever defied the King.

Athena intends to stick to the rules and live life doing what she does best, with her family. But when Ryder, a werewolf and her Alliant, walks into her life, she is thrown into the world that she believed to be just a story.

Will she join the Forefront Alliance to fight for what is right?

Or will she join the King and succumb to be a puppet of war?

P.S.
Also I would totally recommend all the books by @immortalseries. It doesn’t really focus on romance, but it’s a really good book based on vamps. Also The necklace: The trial realm series by @shelby_painter. This is the first part and complete but idk when she will bring out the next book. But I really love both their works.

I hope you will find it suitable to your taste :smile:

Hi! You might like my story :slight_smile:.

Title: The World Changer
Genre: Portal fantasy adventure
Blurb:
Tahro Akagi shouldn’t live in two worlds at once.

Yet forced to spend his days studying by a no-nonsense mother, he longs for adventure. At a moment of desperation, Tahro finds himself in Saishuu Riku, the lands of his favourite book. Engrossed in this world more than he ever thought possible, Tahro saves a character’s life.

But if a butterfly’s wings can bring thunderstorms, then his every breath is another flap as it flies, his every heartbeat a danger to those around him.

Unwittingly, he plunges too deep into the conspiracy of a witch biding her time against the continent. When tensions rise between the ministers of Saishuu Riku, and children are kidnapped by a man with butterfly-patterned knives, Tahro knows he’s changed the plot too much. Events that should happen don’t, and his new friends are caught in a crossfire he wants no part in.

And when his friend is kidnapped, saving her could put everyone else in danger. Yet Tahro can’t stand by and watch.

Link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/174132370-the-world-changer

1 Like