First off, I’m kind of new to Wattpad even though I’ve had an account for a while; I’m not a very active person on here. This is also my first post, so hooray!
I’m only on here to read, but I thought it’d be easier to streamline my search and ask around here.
- English only. Sorry, but I’m not nearly fluent enough in other languages to read anything else
- Adventure must be the main focus. If romance is the main focus and adventure is the subplot, please don’t suggest the story because I’m not looking for that. However, if romance is actually a subplot, I won’t mind it so long as it serves a purpose in moving the story forward.
- Action, sci-fi and fantasy are strongly preferred. I’m a fan of comics, so anything with superpowers and magic automatically gets a bump in my eyes. I’m also a fan of hard magic, so let me know if you have a unique magic system to share because I’m definitely interested.
- Good grammar and spelling is a must. Or at least, a strong preference.
- Preferably not your own story. This isn’t a strict requirement, but I’d appreciate it if you were suggesting someone else’s story instead. Part of this is because this way, I know someone else has read and enjoyed the story, so I likely will too. However, I won’t mind if you suggest your own story because we all know that writers are their own biggest fans.
That about covers it. If it helps, I’m a fan of Tolkien, Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time, Brandon Sanderson, Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea, DC Comics, the Marvel movies, Star Wars 1-6 only, Scott Lynch’s Gentleman Bastards, Ender’s Game, Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden series, and Eoin Colfer’s Artemis Fowl. If the story you have to recommend sounds anything like any of their works, please suggest it. Also, (sorry) I’m not a fan of Game of Thrones.
On an unrelated (but still slightly related note), I thought I’d suggest a story that I really loved because it was the one that really drew me back to Wattpad and got me to continue reading on here. It’s called Trial 017 by @jhobbes627. It’s sort of a superhero story, where all the humans have powers (except the protagonist). It’s a great story, and I suggest giving it a read.
On that note, cue the story suggestions. By the way, I’m not an active person, so forgive me if it takes a week for me to get back to you.