Looking for books under 50 reads

I feel like some of the best books out there right now haven’t been discovered yet, so I’m looking for them! If I like your book, you can bet that I will promote it everywhere and might even draw fanart for it because I’m a huge nerd like that, and I’m dire need of some fangirling.

Anyways, here are my requirements!

• 50 or fewer reads
  • No Fanfiction or poetry
  • Must be completed or regularly update (my fragile heart can’t take getting attached just for the story to be abandoned)

Just leave your description and a link (no cover please)!

16 Likes

I’ve only just started writing this story but I update it once every week! I’d be really happy if you could check it out, but I also understand if you’re not willing to start reading short works.

Description: Benjamin is a lonely boy. Sentina is a self centered demon. And after he accidentally summons her in his bathroom, she offers him a deal that is too good to refuse. She would get rid of his loneliness. And in exchange, she doesn’t ask for his soul, but for something she describes as “insignificant”. Emotions, to be exact.

As both attempt to get the best out of their deal, Benjamin learns that demons aren’t the evil creatures of darkness he’d thought they were. They feel compassion, they have weaknesses and they have hearts. Hearts that can be stolen.

And it isn’t only demons that humans misunderstood. Angels aren’t holy creatures of purity, they have flaws, they are hateful, they can cause pain and they are after Sentina.

It is under these circumstances that Benjamin must choose whom he sides with and whether he’ll try to put an end to a war that has been going on for thousands of years.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/200262556-demons-have-hearts-too

2 Likes

Dang it, I have the perfect book but it’s at 189 reads. :sob:

1 Like

Oh, tell me a bit about it! I’ll always make exceptions in my quest to find the best

2 Likes

I just started a book called A Man Who Grasped At the Moon and Broke His Neck In A Well. It’s a collection of short horror stories that I’ll be updating throughout October and November.

2 Likes

Mind linking it? I’d love to check it out!

1 Like

https://www.wattpad.com/792611983

Enjoy! :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Guilty #wattpad https://my.w.tt/Dq0GzS5sD0

1 Like

I have a couple of really short stories: Camelia, the metro murderess (18 reads) and The Bubble Man (48 reads) :grin: both completed!

2 Likes

Society is gone. Horrifying creatures known as Shifters have killed most of humanity but alas all Dmitri wants is a good friend, someone to talk too and fight the end of all humanity with.

Dmitri struggles to find the will to survive after losing his parents and best friend to Shifters. He’s tired of being alone and figures a good friend will make the end of the world seem less scary.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/202665354-bone-and-blood

1 Like

Sure! It’s a paranormal story about a young monk who must acknowledge a terrifying truth about his past when a stranger shows up during a storm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oof mine just crossed 50, like yesterday. But I just began writing it and I feel like you would like it.

1 Like

Thank you @MissyFloral13 ! Here’s mine:

Close to Destiny:
Why does Kat feel she knows Will when she’s never met him before? Or has she? Kat has been too busy fighting the demons of her past to focus on love. But when she meets charismatic Will in London her world is turned upside down.
An enigmatic woman named Destiny, saying she has a secret to share, whisks Kat and Will off to magical midnight parties where champagne flows freely and nothing is what it seems, almost like the soirées are happening in another time. And then there are those dreams that unfold in an elegant 19th century British castle…
Torn between fear of the unknown and fascination at what might happen between her and Will, Kat must find the courage to change her life and discover true love.
Alternating between the reality of day and the mystery of night, Close to Destiny is a story of déjà vu and righting past wrongs.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/202197187-close-to-destiny-a-magical-love-story

1 Like

I have a short fantasy story.
Title: War hero
Blurb: Gawain is a proud, young knight. He follows orders without problems and walks the same path as his brothers, chasing their backs. There was never any other path for Gawain and he readily accepts all of his knightly duties. The next battle he needs to face has a bit more stakes. Its positive outcome could mean the end of war. For the first time, Gawain doubted his orders but did everything he could to protect everyone.

To win this battle sacrifices will be absolutely necessary. How will Gawain react to a battle that isn’t fought by proper knightly procedure?

link:https://www.wattpad.com/story/202186843-war-hero-short-story

1 Like

I have posted three chapters so far and written them in a week so yeah, I’m hypermotivated to finish this book. Hope you like it enough to not let me go hahhaha

Tittle: Angerona
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/202170706-angerona
Description:
The Coven of Heksengat has always been her home. She has a peaceful and quiet life, attending to her garden and fulfilling her duties in the coven. She enjoys brewing tea and studying magic. But today it seems her peace and quietness was disturbed by a call for a meeting by the Conseil; the Vultures are paying a visit and she knows they are not expecting to be served some cookies and refreshments. Gallowan’s soul has disappeared from The Hole.

Angerona can’t believe how a soul could have escaped the claws of the Ánimas of Hell. It’s impossible… unless someone has helped to make it happen and it all indicates that is a witch’s doing. She didn’t expect to have her calm days interrupted neither expected to meet him, a Vulture.

1 Like

Hey there @MissyFloral13 I have one that might be just up your alley! It’s a work in progress, but it gets two new chapters a week, so don’t worry about that! I’ll link it below! :slight_smile: Happy reading!

Scavenging for Love
https://www.wattpad.com/story/202175741-scavenging-for-love-w-i-p

Which comes first, love or duty? In Jason’s case, he is forced to choose between working for the tribe that has raised him, or loving the only person who has ever cared for him. Sage, next to work for the tribe on his eighteenth birthday, has no desire to do so. After a childhood accident where Jason saved him from a Gagkut in the badlands, he hopelessly falls in love with the young man and has tried to claim him ever since.

The tribe, however, needs medicine that prevents them from the ever creeping sickness that turns them into the monstrous Gagkuts. The only way to acquire this medicine they so desperately need is to bring the pregnant woman to the center-lands, a place filled with powerful magicians, and alchemists who live in the lap of luxury. The mothers to be, are mysteriously accepted into the city and are taken care of until they give birth. After testing the child’s magical aptitude, the mothers are sent back with any reject, and a supply of medicine to take home to their tribe. Will duty suppress the love these two possess, or will their affections for each other supersede the needs of the tribe, potentially damning the village?

Title- Not Human
Link- https://my.w.tt/0kQQxuQ6D0
Description- The protagonist and Sharon study abnormal cases of human-like robots in withdrawal. An unconventional romantic comedy. (Completed)

I have a story titled Seth Unseen that I’ve been able to update on a daily basis. This is the first story where I’m publishing work as I go, and it’s been enlightening.

Title: Seth Unseen
Genre: Young Adult
Seth Albright is so invisible to everyone at school that it might as well be his superpower. He’s content in his solitary life filled with comic books and sketching, but when a boy notices him he must consider stepping out of his comfort zone to see what reality is like.

(Mild language)

Story in progress.

https://www.wattpad.com/791024158-seth-unseen-pythagoras-and-other-things

Hello, I write fantasy/adventure if you’re interested. I just passed 56 reads but if you’re interested, I left a link for my work. Have a good day.

Aulixian Tales

From monsters seeking to make a meal out of one’s flesh to brigands yearning for the coin in your pockets, adventuring is a dangerous profession. One that also is filled with fabulous riches. Forgotten coin-filled coffers, ancient artifacts or the simple recognition of being a dragonslayer, such prizes can entice a soul to strive out in the wilds of Aulix in search of glory. Many fail. For in their greed, they try to go alone. As such, guilds came to offer the aspiring traveler a chance to join like-minded individuals. The Guardian’s are such a group. In their ranks, mages, alchemists, and swordsmen offer their services for coin. One young man, in particular, strives to claim a spot of fame for his endeavors. With his two friends in toe, together they venture to become the greatest Adventurer’s Aulix has seen. Yet his aspirations may not come to pass, for the shadows that destroyed his past life now plot in the present to rob his future. Monsters, beasts, and rouges won’t be the only obstacle they face. The battle between the Void and the soul is a constant one, regardless if they know of it or not. The age-old saying will come to be one regularly heard as the skies darken, “The Light will always shine.” Book Cover by Emily C. Santana “Keiggy” Updates on Fridays.

wattpad%20cover

[Story Information]

This story currently has 8 parts with 290,430 words. It would take an estimated 17 hours and 37 minutes to read all 8 parts. This story updates on average every 15-25 days.

[Basic Summary]

This mostly lighthearted story follows a reincarnated human from birth into adulthood as they fulfill the promise of a lifetime and their dreams beyond. This story is the slowest of the slow burns. It has a heavy emphasis on character that makes it feel more like a slog about character study than a story with an intended end. Its core focus loosely revolves around martial arts in the real world as a philosophical slice of life with very little action. It also has themes of family, friendship, adventure, mysticism, supernatural, spiritual, journey, reincarnation, learning, growing up, inner battles, and purpose.

[To You, the Reader]

If you’re wondering why it seems like I have nearly nothing interesting to say about this story within the summary, it’s because I don’t want to lie to you, the reader, about what to expect. It’s going to be slow. It’s going to be boring. It’s going to be long. And I will make plenty of mistakes along the way, as my grammar is not the best, and my ability to articulate myself is sub-par. I don’t want you to waste your time or feel bad reading this or any story I write. I’ll write and edit to the best of my ability, but expect to find plenty of errors. So, if you plan to read this story in full, then you must settle in for a long, long read. You must be prepared. And you must open yourself to the world within this odyssey I weave.

1 Like