Looking for Fantasy and Werewolf stories

Hello everyone! I’m looking to update my reading lists and I need some story recommendations. I’m looking for undiscovered fantasy and werewolf stories with at least 15 chapters. I like complex world building and action. I don’t mind cliches but I would prefer books without a big romance plot.

What kind of werewolf books are you looking for?

undiscovered?

Duplicity Demise the familiar142542608-176-k7701

a young man is drafted into the world of sorcery when a beautiful witch chooses him as her familiar with his new powers he must protect his mistress at all costs even if it means his own life.

Depending on what you mean by a “big romance plot,” you may enjoy LEAD ME ASTRAY. It’s about a werewolf, a ghost and another supernatural discovering an affinity for one another, but the courtship isn’t the driver of the story. There are elements of cozy mystery to this tale, as the werewolf is a detective solving the ghost’s murder. Skim the first 3 chapters and see what you think. Here’s the link.

LEAD%20ME%20ASTRAY%20BOOK%20COVER%20(2)

This is an undiscovered low fantasy or urban fantasy story with fewer than 3K reads.
This is a werewolf story with greater than 15 chapters. (27 and ongoing, updated weekly)
There is complex world-building. It’s set in Overlay City, which as a paranormal world overlapping New Orleans, Louisiana.
There’s romance but no overt sex. The kink is all in a companion novel, since all readers don’t enjoy intimacy scenes. This book is seriously noncliche. And, there’s so much more to the plot than romance. (This book contains LGBTQ+ characters)

My story is an occult fiction with magical realism elements. I focus more on vampires, but that’s not the only kind of creature in my story. I currently have 9 chapters out and has ~ 19k words.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/167031939-paranatura-vol-1

Hey there, I would really appreciate it if you check out my book! I upload every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, unless something comes up! :slight_smile:

Title: Mythicals
Wattpad User: Paris_is_Everything
Main genre: Fantasy
Link to story: https://www.wattpad.com/story/151081565-mythicals

48%20PM

Blurb:
Mythical creatures are a thing of fantasy stories. They’re nothing but a seamless figment of the imagination, or at least that’s what Reyna Ray thought. She’s lived her days as an orphan in the town of Dwindle, focusing on nothing but school work, writing music, and wondering where she’ll be living once she turns eighteen. Unfortunately, those are now the least of her worries. It isn’t until Reyna is caught in between a wall and a sword where she discovers that these “imaginary” beasts are real.

Everything seems preposterous, especially when she’s told she’s a mythical creature herself. Realizing how valuable her life is now, she’s quick to learn to not carry around a certain blank book, or else she’ll be killed. For her own safety, she’s forced to team up with someone familiar with the world she originates from and figure out a way to understand the hidden information in this mysterious, empty book. All has to be done with caution, because if the book falls into the wrong hands, an entire mythological kingdom will burn to ashes, all for the whole world to witness.

Mine isn’t exactly 15 chapters yet but it’s ongoing with 13 currently. No big romance (or any to speak of really) plots are involved and I like to think that my worldbuilding is complex :laughing:

Ranger Rising centers around a rebellious teenaged girl who chafes at the idea that her great role in life is to be a farmer and a wife like all her family before her. When an elfin ranger rides into town on the hunt for a dangerous beast threatening her home, she decides that is what she wants to be. However, she has to prove to everyone that she has what it takes.

Everyone has their place in the world. Fate is inescapable so it does little good to fight it.

Lena Rivers has been told this her entire life. She’s a farmer’s daughter. One day she will marry, have children, and be a farmer too. That’s the way things work. Lena absolutely hated the idea of being a farmer or the wife of one. There had to be more to life than what everyone told her. However, that seemed to be the life she was destined for.

Until the traces of a large beast, larger than anyone in her town had ever seen, were discovered on the outskirts of the forest. The mayor of her small town hires Aust, an elfin King’s Ranger to root out and destroy the beast. When Lena meets him she finds herself absolutely taken at the sight of his longbow and massive stag and falls in love with the prospect of becoming a ranger. However, if she wants to be of any use to find the monster that’s terrorizing her home then she has a lot to learn.

5dN4z6q

I would post my own story here but I don’t think self-advertisement is aloud.

Many people do. It’s the one place you’re allowed to self promote

Welp, I’m taking your word for it then.
Title: Pheobe Cooper and the Prophet’s Book
Genre: Fantasy/paranormal. (There’s bits of werewolf, so don’t worry.)
Blurb:
Until now, Phoebe Cooper never really grasped her nightmares. Her nightmares stem from her past, from when she was only six years old… but aside from her dreams, she’s been tossed from foster to foster, miserable and hopeless.
But then her nightmares come back to haunt and hunt her, chasing her out of her finally stable- if not happy- life and into the fire. She enters a place called, “The Gate’s Keep” Where she finds not just rest of her family, but friends, a world of possibilities, and a destiny that’ll choose the fate of her home: Life or death.

(VERY MOBILE-FRIENDLY in other words, split up chapters for mobile-users.)
(Undergoing SERIOUS editing; Not completed)
Cover by: Ela-C
If you’re interested, click here

I have a book that isn’t 15 chapters yet but it’s ongoing and at 9 chapters so far. The plot is building up and will build up further in the next few chapters.
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/1542333-shattered
Shattered-1

A dark fantasy exploring themes of family, morality, and guilt, Of Blood and Ashes tells the story of Felicity and Shay, a ghoul and a gargoyle both doomed to die for who they are, and how a chance encounter between them changes everything–with a good kick of magic and action. This story involves LGBT relationships, violence, and references to self-harm, so it may not be for everyone. A complete draft can be read here.

Tide is a high fantasy adventure that combines mythology from around the world to create the rich Realm of Tides–a vicious, magical world that 18-year-old Hania must venture into to save her kidnapped brother from the ruthless Queen Marassa. With only a lost selkie warrior and a finicky water sprite to help her she must face off with the deadliest creatures in her world and theirs, and reaching her brother alive is only the first step. A complete draft of Tide can be read here.

Sounds like I have what you’re looking for. I have 21 chapters up so far and a werewolf(called balverines) does have a major role early in the story. I’ll leave the link and summary below for your convenience.

One hundred years has passed since the great calamity struck the nation of Thathos. The gift of the injuns, bringing out the greedy and lustful desires of the citizens of Alverton, has made life hard on Elliot.

Unable to continue living he sits in the familiar forest that was once his home to die. Fate would not allow him to rest as he is saved and catered by a mysterious man. With his help, Elliot regains the will to live and receives the gift of magic. He departs to Zutonia, academy of the arcane, to hone his newfound powers.

Upon arrival he is discriminated and marked as an enemy of the nation. Only Ignatius, youngest son of a well respected line of Erudites, and Rune, a girl harboring a secret that could bring havoc to Thathos, accepts Elliot for who he truly is. But the closer he gets to becoming an Erudite the closer he approaches death as his immunity to persecution is only valid as long as he remains a student at Zutonia.

But this does not mean that he cannot die during his training…

Click to read

Contains Mature Sexual Content
‘I hate my mate, I really do. I can’t stand the sight of her. What makes it worst is that I’m in love with a demon and I’m willing to do anything to be with her.’

Elias Woods is the Alpha King and he hates his mate. He hates everything about her, being mated to her for the past 70 years he’s sick of seeing her face. Then one night he meets the ultimate beauty, Someone that takes his breath away and makes his once cold heart pound again. It’s no problem that she’s a succubus, because that means that she loves to fuck just as hard as he does. And that just makes everything even better.
Mila Descoudres is a succubus, sex is the one thing she needs to survive. When she seeks out fresh meat for her daily fix, she does a daring thing and sneak into an Alpha Kings bedroom. What she got was way more then a night of great mind blowing sex. She got an addiction, an addiction that only that can be tamed by the Alpha king himself. And he has no problem taming her addiction.
What happens when that addiction turns into something else? Can this demon handle the Alpha King? Or will he be to much for her?

The Out Of The Shadows Series: Book 1
https://www.wattpad.com/story/168952385-an-alpha-king's-sin

So mine technically only has 14 chapters, but each chapter is at least 3,000 words long. It has quite a decent amount of world building and action. It does a romantic subplot, but it’s not the primary plot of the story.

Into%20the%20Underwood%20Cover

Sylvia, the daughter of a London dressmaker, has always wanted to leave the city for the place where all her mother’s fairytales take place. But after she is sent away to Dartmoor to escape the Blitz, she finds herself trapped in a terrifying fairytale of her own when she is abducted by The Alder King: the ruthless leader of the Wild Hunt. Insisting that her family owes him a great debt, Sylvia is forced into servitude within the castle at the heart of the Underwood. There she must use her skills as a seamstress to navigate this strange world of spirits and, one day, earn back her freedom. But when she meets the King’s beautiful, red-haired gamekeeper, her needlework suddenly begins taking on a life of its own. If the King discovers these new “talents” of hers, will he ever want to let her go?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166914741-into-the-underwood

Fantasy/Romance/Dragon

“Listen here you overgrown lizard! I don’t know who or what you are exactly, but I do know that I am not your servant and I never will be. Next time you call me that I will make clothes out of your skin and maybe even a bag to hold the some of what I make out of you for food. Then sell the rest of you for money. Do you understand?” Raven sneers as she tightens her hold on the chain to prove her point, a sinister, deadly look still place upon her face.

Alarik roared in laughter at what she said, yanking his head back in full force, sending Raven flying towards the stone wall. Just as she was about to hit the wall a large, scaly tail wrap around her torso and brought her back to the ground in front of the creature.

{ A face that looks pure and innocent but eyes that tell a different story. She is perfect for something I have in mind.} Alarik thought to make a face that looks close to a smile.

Raven is a far cry from pure innocent quite the opposite actually. Suffering from mental and physical abuse from being experimented on her whole life. When she finally gets the chance to be free, she takes it and runs into Alarik, A ruthless dragon shifter who has been trapped for a thousand years. He strikes up a deal with Raven to be free and to get revenge on the people who trapped him there. Revenge, betrayal, death, and love intertwine between the two on this thrilling, and adventurous story.

Recently made

https://www.wattpad.com/story/164811118-the-deadly-rose

Deeply aprieciated if you read it!!! Thank You!

I have a WIP called the Isle of Ferrick - Set off the coast of medieval Ireland, The story follows Sorcha Dunn as she rediscovers the life and destiny she was meant to live.

https://www.wattpad.com/652608479-the-isle-of-ferrick-book-one-introduction

I have a fantasy story called “The Last Stand”. Here’s the blurb and the link:

Gishk is a powerful empire on the war path. Ten years after Emperor/General Raul Fleischer declared his intentions of expanding the country’s borders, they’ve methodically invaded every country that has stood in their way. Now, they’ve set their sights on their next target: the small nation of Caitha.

Elise lives in a small town close to Caitha’s western border, where not much has changed in the past hundred years. A healer of some skill, her life revolves around working in the family tavern, helping to heal Thaos’ injured, and keeping the fact that she can manipulate fire a secret. The war seems like a far-off nuisance in that town, one that will never reach them.

However, when a Watchman stumbles into the tavern one night, nearly dead from a mysterious fight, he brings the war with him, turning her world upside down.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/118325609-the-last-stand-the-eleven-years-war-book-one

I have a complete fantasy novel with 52 chapters that I hope you enjoy if you check it out :slight_smile: It has over 3k reads!

Copy%20of%20Elizabeth%20and%20Richard%20(1)

Blurb: Roux Aimrey is an immortal witch with a very strong power. Due to that power being dangerous and untrained, she is forced to keep it locked up tight. She never even thought anyone knew about her dark secrets until one stormy night when everything changed and her world turned upside down.

Link is in the cover or click here to read (if you’re interested): https://www.wattpad.com/story/162740533-grounding-the-storm