Looking for Pride and Prejudice stories

Hello, everyone!

I need your help to fulfill my Pride and Prejudice addiction, that the Open Novella Contest III has rekindled!

Flood me with your stories or recommendations, as long as they respect these criteria:

• Mature is fine, as long as it is not smut
  • All genres are welcome (but I have to admit that poetry is not my favorite)
  • Fanfictions, or retellings, or ONC entries from fellow contestants having chosen Prompt 70
  • English or French

I will gladly add your suggestions to my existing P&P reading list (though I won’t be able to dive into them before the end of the ONC)!

Please drop at least the title, link, and blurb :slight_smile:

Cheers!

6 Likes

Hi, Athena!

Thank you for sharing a recommendation! Because you are the author, would you mind explaining how your story is related to Pride and Prejudice, please? :blush:

Hello ONC buddy! I picked prompt #70 for one of my ONC novellas, too. It isn’t a retelling of Pride and Prejudice but it does have a similar romance vibe to it (of course with stumbles along the way). I hope you find some stories that fill your Pride and Prejudice addiction :slight_smile:

Vicente Hates all my Covers (1)

Shy and successful Broadway singer, Carmen, is finally at the point in her career where she is auditioning for her dream role. After meeting Owen at the local coffee shop, it seems like everything is perfectly lining up for Carmen’s future. When faced with a choice between her dream job and her dream man, Carmen struggles to find a way to keep both parts of her life together.

Read Carmen’s Voice Now!

2 Likes

Wonderful! I added your story to both my P&P and my ONC reading list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya! :wave: :star:

In the Story Requests category, please remember to read the thread creator’s story requirements before posting your story - these are usually listed in the first post of the thread and sometimes the title. As your story does not match the requirements listed in the first post of this thread, I’ve had to remove your post/advert. :books: :speech_balloon:

As a suggestion, you can also share your story in the Share a Story Club, and browse to find a thread where your story matches the requirements. Or if you are looking for feedback on your story, please feel free to have a look in the Story Services club.

Thank you for your understanding :star:

Eva
Community Ambassador

1 Like

Hope you find more recommendations because I wouldn’t mind some myself! Pride and Prejudice is my absolute favorite romance novel of all time. While I’m long out of my “period piece” addiction phase (*cough, masterpieces and downton abbey), but I still greatly appreciate the genre and style which has forever impacted and influenced me.

Seriously, many mainstream romance stories these days could learn a lesson or two from a truly “normal” yet strong female character with distinctive personality and charm and a handsome, charmingly gripping man who truly grows and develops, all the meanwhile, with both leads growing together through misunderstandings. Ugh, I get so nostalgically hype just thinking about it! Please! Someone just follow this romance type even for 25%, and I’ll be happy! I can’t do with these generic romance cookie cutters anymore~

2 Likes

Same here! Though I like Sense and Sensibility, it lacks the swag (lol) of P&P :slight_smile:

I read Mansfield Park and was severely disappointed by the absence of charisma of its heroine… It stopped me from diving into other Austen novels!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! When you have time to read again, I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, don’t read Mansfield Park. But do try Emma and maybe Persuasion if you’re feeling it.

1 Like

Heya! :wave: :star:

In the Story Requests category, please remember to read the thread creator’s story requirements before posting your story - these are usually listed in the first post of the thread and sometimes the title. As your story does not match the requirements listed in the first post of this thread, I’ve had to remove your post/advert. :books: :speech_balloon:

As a suggestion, you can also share your story in the Share a Story Club, and browse to find a thread where your story matches the requirements. Or if you are looking for feedback on your story, please feel free to have a look in the Story Services club.

Thank you for your understanding :star:

Eva
Community Ambassador

1 Like

Persuasion is pretty good. I liked the plot of that one even more than Sense and Sensibility which I also liked. I myself couldn’t read more than a few pages of Mansfield Park haha.

I believe I developed my admiration for Austen due to a visual novel/computer game of Austen’s worlds combined into one. It was mainly Pride and Prejudice combined with Persuasion, and man, I had the BEST memories from that game in my youth. I remember hating Darcy with the first proposal, and then when I rejected it, I absolutely LOVED him.

And after going through the many stories and bachelors and outcomes, there was a “Mr. Wickham” lol, a combination of two second lead males, I bought a three set of P&P, S&S, and Persuasion at Barnes and Noble.

Ah good times. I felt so secretly lit for reading such refined “classics” in middle school. All three books were in my locker lmao!

1 Like

Because one of the characters has a prejudice while the other one will be stubborn and proud. The book is a slowburn. It takes a while to get to this point.

Hi!

I love pride and prejudice! I’ve recently made a story that is very loosely inspired by it so I’m not sure if you’re up for it.

You know how Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy judges each other and are relentlessly butting heads? We all know how Mr. Darcy saves Elizabeth and her family from ruin, but I had a different take on it.

What if it’s the wealthy woman that does the saving? I used own characters but the push and pull, slowburn and the tension are all present in my novel!

Title: [Teasing Your Wicked Heart] (https://my.w.tt/l26SwKW273)
Author: [MissBelleVincent]

2 Likes

I love your blurb! Thank you for this suggestion :wink:

1 Like

I totally resonate with this! I secretly wish I was Elizabeth Bennett, but in reality I’m Elinor Dashwood. hahahahaha :frowning:

2 Likes

It could be worse: you could be a Fanny Price…

200708458-the-pirate-princess

THE PIRATE PRINCESS

it’s nowhere close to the jane austen masterpiece, but I am a newbie writer trying the pure angsty romance genre.

1 Like

Thank you! The characters on the cover are beautiful, too bad you don’t know their authors xD