Looking for Reading Material (Fantasy, preferably)

Hi @MakosEyebrows — how cool that you create art from books — I checked out your thread and it’s neat to see the different layers of work you put into your drawings. I thought you might be interested in checking out my book, However Long the Night. It’s speculative fiction so really crosses a few genres — low fantasy in a contemporary setting, a romantic arc with elements of a thriller. It’s a YA completed novel. I’ve included the cover, summary and link for your consideration!

Summary:
Will Brody has a morbid secret. With just one look he can predict how many close calls a person has before they die.

Unfortunately, his second sight is flawed. Will knows when someone’s time is running out, but he doesn’t have enough insight to save them. So, he avoids anyone whose shelf life causes him concern.

Until he meets Skye Harrison.

As their lives entangle, the secret of her fate unfolds and Will struggles to decide whether getting close to Skye is worth the risk of losing her.

When Skye’s dark past comes back to haunt her, Will must unlock the true meaning of his gift before it’s too late.

Link: However Long the Night

1 Like

Hello. Here is my story.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/113745183-a-promise-for-lifetime-apfl
Feel free to check my story and leave your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Check it out if interested. The main genre is fantasy or action fantasy in an alternative world and the focus is on how that world and its society work, but there is a minor romantic subplot.
It is a short novel and so far I have two chapters out, but the story is complete and I’m posting as I edit the draft (usually aim for a release every Friday).

Rising-Wind

Title: Rising Wind

Genre: Fantasy/Action-Fantasy

Summary:

Is it better to be right or proper?

When the governance tells you that every elemental needs to register, there's a reason for it. They are unpredictable. Often irrational. And left alone can't be trusted to do what's right for the greater good. They must be guided, set on the correct path and given the right purpose. And as a soldier, it is Kal's duty to enforce the rules that keep society together.

But when he encounters a group of misfits, he can't just report them and let the system sort them out, even though he suspects they might be elementals. And he can't turn away without at least trying to help them onto the right path.

Despite his training and the advice of his friends, he decides to help, and it lands him in more trouble than he bargained for. Because the official story hides a crumbling reality.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/192645437-rising-wind

1 Like

Sooo my story is called “Battle of Elements” and the main genre is fantasy-adventure. It also contains some romance, dragons, and has three protagonists:)
Check it out if interested;)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/192927262-battle-of-elements

1 Like

Yeah, LGBT is fine, and mature themes are a OK. I just would like a little trigger warning because more authors should really start including those and I am set off by a few small things

Honestly idk why people aren’t comfortable with LGBT (well, I get why, it just is a bullshit excuse). Literally get over your homophobia and step into the new world with us. Not hard

1 Like

Hi Ryn! Love your drawings! Here is my story, I think it fits your requirements! Fantasy with an historical bent, with action, adventure and no x-rated stuff, romance, or science!

Title : A Squire for Wolf’s Keep

SquireCover4
Link : https://www.wattpad.com/story/187699303-a-squire-for-wolf's-keep
Blurb : Jane Linden leaves her mother and the home that she loves to learn the way of the warrior in a strange and magical land. Making friends and enemies she strives to find her place in the court of the enigmatic King of Duveda.

It is in progress, nearing a conclusion that will make it Complete, or possibly the first of a series if I decide to continue with these protagonists.

Added more to reading list! I’m gonna start reading them today, and do be warned, I am a tad picky on the first chapter, and I may not continue. It depends on if it hooks me or not. So, yeah. Still, send those stories!

I am also more likely to read those books with a smaller viewcount BC it’s v hard to get readers in the beginning and I wanna help out with that!

My fantasy story might be suitable. There is a bit of romance but it is in no way a theme. It is action and adventure and really wild times! But no sex.

A Flight of Wyverns

AFlightofWyverns

“A flight of wyverns must save us, and you will lead it!” said the elder.

Stormraven was still a new wyvern-rider, not even a full turn had passed since she had been accepted, but already she was the leader of a flight of wyverns, and the elder knew that it was she that should travel the world to find allies in their peoples fight against an invading empire.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190025691-a-flight-of-wyverns

My characters all have unique races, I’d really like to see your take on them!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’ve added it to the list ^.^

1 Like

Since she was young Melanie Amhert’s identity was kept a secret from herself and everyone she has ever known. Her father proudly ruled a kingdom filled with super natural creatures but after his wife died shortly after give birth by a unknown enemy. The king decided he never wanted this life for his daughter. So when she was born he abandoned his duty as king and lived a life deemed normal in the hopes of giving his daughter a choice.

When the king dies his death was felt throughout the realm and alerted the kingdom of his location, sounding a worldwide search for the rightful heiress .

Will she take responsibility of her kingdom and everything that comes with it?

Will she choose to awaken her abilities?

Can she trust the boy who saved her life?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/192078930-secret-heiress

Ooo, sounds interesting! Defo adding it!

1 Like

Let me know if you like it when you end up reading it!

Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-The-Bloodstorm-7

(Completed)

"His warm fingertips glide across my back. I hold back a shiver and try to breathe slowly so he doesn’t feel how wildly he’s making my heart beat. ‘You’re still incredibly beautiful,’ he says, looking over the scar."

Sonya’s home was burned to the ground. Everyone she knew was slaughtered. She doesn’t want to be alone and homeless anymore. She wants a family again, somewhere to sleep at night, and even a little something in her money pouch. And she’s heard that people can earn themselves a fresh start in Ceran Village.

The price? She has to kill the same monsters that destroyed her home.

Chasing-Beasts-Quotes

Read Here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/149972165-chasing-beasts

1 Like

Well hey if you want to draw stuff my book’s in a world with completely new plants and creatures, at any rate fantasy, magic, all the good stuff.

Calort%20side%20%3D%20Eminatris'%20Past

Eminatris’ Past Book One: Izurnailen

Young Eminatris awakes in a fantasy world. All seems normal at first, but he notices he’s been growing at an alarming rate. In under an hour, Eminatris is the equivalent of a six-year old boy.

And as if that wasn’t enough, the world turns out to be more hectic than at first it seemed and the child must learn to fight against the dangers of the mesmerizing floating continent Izurnailen.

Find out the truth behind the legendary past of Eminatris, the boy of Nifernailen.

1 Like

Just readin that blurb gave me a very BOTW vibe, idk why, but I’ve definitely added it!

1 Like

Oooh, new stuff. This could be really interesting! Added!

1 Like

Here is one of mine. If you feel like reading. It isn’t rated x (as its intended for young teens) and it doesn’t have romance in it.

Summary:
Right side up, Right side down, left side flipped twice, or backwards spun thrice. What do you call a situation, Reader, when the situation you’re in is one that has already been turned upside down?

Jerome Manners was just a boy; a boy whose world had already been turned upside down because of a sad reality. Now he’s faced with an adventure he did not ask for and it’s all because a girl with an iron key asked a strange question I now pose to you.

Do you believe in everything?

1 Like

Dude that cover is so awesome! I’ll defo give it a read!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello!
This is my story. It’s a dark fantasy one, I’m not sure if you’d be interested in it… But I’ll post it anyway.
I hope you’ll find it of your liking, and in case you don’t … Hope you’ll find something that is.
Wish you all the best,
The Lady in Grey

PSX_20190630_224856

https://www.wattpad.com/story/192396322-his-undoing

He’s a Leader.

My Master sworn himself to the Gods, forcing us all onto his punishment.

I am a Sinner.

Everything I do, I must confess. When he sees my raw flesh, he smiles. The gleam of his eyes show excitement, just like it is shown between his legs.

He gets off on my pain.

The conquerors of the new world will be born from the sickest of them all.

I will redeem myself for my own Gods.

I will avenge myself.

I will be His Undoing.