I’m looking for specifically short stories to read. I have read a few books lately that just tore my heart open and overwhelmed me with all these emotions… So, well, I’m looking to engage myself with some short stories now; that way, I can balance thoughts.
My "YES"s and "NO"s:
- YES: Fluff and romance.
- YES: Light-reading.
- NO: Gore and graphic depiction of sex and violence.
- NO: Apocalypse, dystopia, futuristic worlds.
- NO: Single-part stories. I want, like, around 10-20 chapters, maximum. If each chapter in the story is very small (i.e., around 500 words), then it’s okay to have more than 20 chapters.
- NO: Fanfiction. Not that I hate the concept, but I just don’t prefer reading it at the moment. [Edit]
- Preferably completed. [Edit]
- Preferably no poetry. [Edit]
ALSO: Please add why I should read that particular book. It’s all right if you recommend your own or another author’s, but tell me why it is so unique and what I would miss if I didn’t read it. [Edit] I won’t read it, otherwise. This is to make authors who recommend feel proud of the books they’re posting here. It also makes me and other people who see want to read them. So, please don’t say something just for the heck of it. What you say will let me decide whether I want to read your recommendation or not.
Please add your comment in the thread as below:
Why this book?
Do you want to read my story? [Don’t worry, the last bit was just a joke! But, if you really want to, then you’re free to go to my profile and pick a book!]
Edit: Please do link all books that you’re recommending.