Looking for some new stories to read

Before posting a thread, please read the Story Request club’s guidelines. This topic will be automatically closed after 30 days.

Hi all! I’ve been on a reading kick lately and would love some new stories. I prefer romance of just about any sub-genre, but lean towards stories that are grittier, have more mature themes, or have quite a bit of humor in them. Not going to lie, I read super fast so I’m definitely going to favor stories that are either completed or close to, but if I get hooked in the first few chapters I’ll add it to a future reading list.That being said, drop them down below so I can get my read on, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

Hi @simkee123 — you might find some of what you’re looking for in my completed novel However Long the Night— I’ve included he cover, summary and link for you to consider! Happy reading :slight_smile:

Summary:
Will Brody has a morbid secret. With just one look he can predict how many close calls a person has before they die.

Unfortunately, his second sight is flawed. Will knows when someone’s time is running out, but he doesn’t have enough insight to save them. So, he avoids anyone whose shelf life causes him concern.

Until he meets Skye Harrison.

As their lives entangle, the secret of her fate unfolds and Will struggles to decide whether getting close to Skye is worth the risk of losing her.

When Skye’s dark past comes back to haunt her, Will must unlock the true meaning of his gift before it’s too late.

Link:
However Long the Night

1 Like

Hey looks like might have the perfect one! It’s an Adventure/Romance about pirates and cowboys with not one, but 2 romantic subplots.
Title Corvus (Stars and Sails Book 1)
Summary Aiden Payne is a drifter. His only memory of home is a mysterious tattoo. While working as a gold miner, his path crosses with Amelia Rose Wagner, a sheltered girl in love with navigation and the stars. After a fatal mistake, the two find themselves running from the law. Fleeing may be their only escape, yet finding a way out might prove impossible.

Hundreds of miles away, Jade Harris’ father and crewmates have been murdered at the hands of an escaped pirate. When a bounty hunter after the same pirate offers her a job in exchange for the remains of the ship, Jade accepts. As she repairs her vessel, old enemies and secretive newcomers make her question everything she knew about her father and the attack.

Now, these three strangers must unbury the secrets of their shared pasts, but memory proves to be a very fickle thing.

Book One of the Stars and Sails Series.

Come Sail With Us! https://www.wattpad.com/story/190641540-corvus-stars-and-sails-book-1

2 Likes

Hi. This is a completed suspenseful romance that you may enjoy.

Every family has secrets.

The Beckett Family has a lot of secrets.

Cass Sampson, after the deaths of her parents, decides to start fresh in a new town. By chance, she drives into Silver Lake, New York and things seem to fall into place for her. Cass finds a job, an apartment, and a makes a great friend. It seems her life is getting back on track…until she meets Brent Beckett.

Brent is the middle son of the prominent Beckett family. After a string of unfortunate events, Brent is the head of the family business and essentially controls Silver Lake. Brent sweeps Cass off her feet by taking advantage of her fragile mental state and manipulating her. He has his ideal wife in mind and has targeted Cass for that role. The two marry after only a few weeks of dating.

After the wedding, Cass quickly learns what she got herself into. Not only is Brent abusive and controlling, he also has a secret in the basement. It is there that he holds his older brother, Ethan, prisoner.

United by Brent’s oppression, Cass and Ethan form a friendship and a trust. Through a basement door and a secret opening in a wall, the friendship grows into more. They find themselves falling for each other despite the odd circumstances.

Unable and unwilling to escape independently, Cass and Ethan work towards freedom together.

***This book contains violence and sexual situations that may be triggering or upsetting to some readers. Warnings of such content will be placed at the beginning of the chapters.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/173416869-beyond-the-door

1 Like

Title: Death of The Flowers
Genre: YA Fantasy
Description:

Aaron was never meant to be king.

He was a bastard, raised to be in the palace’s shadow, not ruling it. Never ruling it. However, when the king’s health starts to deteriorate and his true heir is nowhere to be seen, Aaron might just have to accept the crown.

Between fighting a mysterious group, trying to find his brother and trying to stay alive, Aaron realizes there is more to magic than what he’d always thought.

newcover

1 Like

I have one story you may like. It isn’t classified as romance, but a lot of people that enjoy romance seem to like the story. It’s my take on Medusa. I take the human and the gorgon into consideration. I don’t believe she was cursed by Athena, but given a gift. There is intimacy between Medusa and Athena, but it doesn’t quite fall into the romance category. If you like the premise, all feedback is appreciated.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/193329851-medusa

These all sound super intriguing so far, thanks guys!

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: This is my story, I hope it worth a try for you :slight_smile:

Title: Finally Love!
Genre: romance/dramedy/LGBT+
Chapters: 16 (completed)
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/186270995-finally-love
Blurb: Fanny, a young lesbian woman seraches for her place in the world and it takes her somewhere she never thought she could ever belong. Despite being headstrong, rebellious, free spirited, and a little arrogant - so everything that a soldier shouldn’t be - she finds herself in the military, but the hardest part comes only after that. Before she could even realize, someone steals her heart, but unfortunatelly for her, that someone is her straight best friend who lives in a happy relationship.
She has never truly been in love before, and this particular case would be challanging even for someone much more emotionally prepared than her. She has to grow up somehow to handle the unrequited love as an adult should, it’s just not clear how she will do that.

The Crumbling Tower

Even an ordinary lady has a past, though other characters may be persuaded otherwise.
aka
Miss Elletra Wilton has gained an increasingly strange hanger-on.

This is a 30,000+ word novella set in late Victorian London, with elements of the paranormal and an LGBTQ romance.
The Crumbling Tower is complete! You can find it at
https://www.wattpad.com/story/187397065-the-crumbling-tower

I am working on a thriller but it has humor, romance and teen drama added to it. I’m sure you would love it if you read it and get to know the characters. It’s near completion. I am at the part very close to the midpoint…

Title:Lost:Casa Perdida
Genre: Thriller; Crime; Action; Adventure
Blurb: It was supposed to be an exciting field trip for a group of 10 graders to the dense jungles of Bolivia. All was how it was meant to be until their guardians left them one day, never to return. The children are stranded amid disastrous weather. As they strive to survive in the jungles, will they come out alive? Or, will they become the next victims of the mythical poltergeist La Negra after trespassing on her hunting grounds?

'outstanding%20love%20story'%20(8)

Top Rankings

No. 1 in #Bolivia on August 10th, 2019;
No. 1 in #TeenThriller on August 10th, 2019;
No. 4 in #TeenAdventure on August 10th, 2019;
No. 5 in #Rainforest on August 10th, 2019;
No. 10 in #LatinAmerica on August 10th, 2019;

1 Like

I think I’ve got just what you need! Mature, funny, completed? :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark: (Vodka Espresso is completed offline and I update regularly! :blush:)

in which her heart is thawing
ingrid’s best friend happens to be a bartender she occasionally sleeps with - which says a lot about how and where she likes to spend her time - who once described her as having “a conscience but not a heart.”

that’s something she has to come to terms with, after she learns about the damage she’s inflicted on a former lover who’d been nothing but good to her. because now she’s got new prey in her clutches and she promised to let it go before she breaks it.

tough part is, the wishful-thinking fool would rather be eaten alive…and she has to figure out how to let him down slowly enough for the fall not to kill him.

new adult - not rated mature

Whiskey Latte (completed)
novella

in which she unearths her demons
alcohol and caffeine is what it takes to live the big city life…and ingrid needs it now more than ever.

an important promotion takes her from the relative safety of the home she had built in berlin, back to london where her past lies in wait. she spirals out of control when it all becomes too much, but she powers through, broken, her pieces barely held in place by the same old destructive habits.

one thing keeps her going, though: her long-lost friends, who welcome her back in their midst - and ingrid nearly throws her career under the bus to rescue one of them from a fate that, once upon a time, could have been her own…

(direct sequel to “Whiskey Latte” but it stands well enough on its own; completed, regular weekend updates)

adult - rated mature

Vodka Espresso
vodkaespresso

Warning: this story deals with suicidal thoughts & themes, including a suicide attempt

Jude and Ingrid come from very different places, down very different roads - though sooner or later, all roads lead to Rome, don’t they? In this case, Rome is both of them broken in Berlin, struggling to make sense of their scattered pieces.

They save each other, but on people like them, salvation is wasted, really. And so are they. Wasted, that is.

Wasted (completed short story)

Wasted%20TV%20Tower2

It’s gritty, it’s mature and it’s chock full of dark humour… It’s the Blood Witch! I’d love if you could give my passion project a read and tell me what you think!

sks

Snarky, violent and awaiting execution, Sasha Velwin spends her last night in the iron chains of the royal dungeon. Her crimes? Heresy, desertion and practicing blood magic.

Wilful, dashing and about to be sold into marriage, Princess Alysha will do anything to escape his destiny to marry the mysterious and dark Prince Valek.

Could switching places be the answer to both their prayers?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/193989187-the-blood-witch

https://www.wattpad.com/story/96281154-beyond-the-deep-water

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS WORLD.

Gods are created by a mighty force, a force to balance the universe, every galaxy, world, and life.

“You are not here to die.” The God clarifies with exasperation while he sees through the girl’s eyes, to read her mind and see every painful memory she keeps to herself and feel the profound pain she carries in her soul. A pain that makes Axl, the powerful God of the Water Region unable to retain his desire to help Camille. Help her heal from a traumatic life.

Camille is a beautiful girl full of sorrow and scars caused by someone she was supposed to trust her whole life. Just when she lost her hope of finding a better life. She opened a door to a new world. A world that takes her to stand face to face with a God. But why is she here? Why in a sacred world where no human can walk? Why does she hear voices calling out her name? What can she expect from an enchanting man, that looks so heartless but sincere at the same time?

“Welcome to the Gods World, my lady.” The angels greet her in unison.156294170693572456

Here’s mine. I hope you’ll stop by and drop some comments with your thoughts. It’s a work in progress still (I’ve got a prologue and seven chapters up), but I really hope you enjoy.

Title: Blood of Darkness
Genre: Romance

Summary: Inspired by Hades and Persephone

“Sometimes death isn’t the end. Sometimes people come back.”

~*~

Selena Silvers is an ordinary girl who loves to paint. She goes to school and works at a bookshop in Blackfell. Pretty ordinary. Except for two tiny details. One, she has an extraordinary ability to feel the emotions of those around her. Two, almost every night when she closes her eyes, she sees a gorgeous man with hair as black as night and eyes as gray as the sea after a storm. The problem is that she has no idea who he is or even if he’s real. Will she ever find out? And what other secrets are hiding in the darkness of the night?

~*~

Damien Drake is the eldest of the six Drake siblings and is forced to take the throne after his Father is murdered. Oh and the fun part? He’s a vampire surrounded by all the darkness that comes with being one. Dealing with loss has never been Damien’s strong suit and he’s gotten to a point where he forces himself to bury all of his emotions deep down and builds his walls up so high. Will his siblings or anyone else be able to reach him? And will he ever defeat the person responsible for his Father’s death?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/191987540-blood-of-darkness

Rated mature due to possible graphic content (it’s due to some violent scenes, I don’t think they’re that graphic, but I’d rather be safe than sorry)

Mine is complete, strongly features a lesbian romance, and is definitely more on the gritty, mature side.

Underwood%20cover
Growing up, Sylvia’s mother had always given her two very specific warnings: never wander the woods alone and never let anyone see her “talents.” As a lifelong denizen of London, Sylvia never had any trouble abiding by the first rule, but when the Blitz strikes the city, she is sent away from her mother’s dressmaking shop to the beautiful Devon countryside. There, she encounters the wild Dartmoor woodlands for the first time and immediately forgets her mother’s warnings…

Upon entering the woods, she finds herself abducted by Der Erlkönig, the ruthless King the Underwood, who insists that her family owes him a great debt. Trapping her in a world of spirits and monsters, he forces Sylvia into servitude within the confines of his castle where she must use her skills as a seamstress to settle the outstanding debt. For years Sylvia toils under the single-minded hope of one day returning home, but matters are only complicated when she meets the King’s gamekeeper, a beautiful mortal woman named Sasha. As the two women become closer, so do Sylvia’s “talents” slip from her control, and her needlework begins taking on a life of its own. It isn’t long before she breaks her mother’s second rule, bringing her abilities to the attention of the King, who appears to have other uses in mind for them…

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166914741-into-the-underwood

Ravien, a fighter, a renegade. The betrayed and the blessed is on the run from the people he called family once. Now, they hunt him for his powerful magic. While the mysterious Fox wants him to join their ranks or be killed.

Betrayals will cut deep, while new friendships and dreams will all be shattered in this tale. The end will come, whether for good or bad.

This is a complete story

Sorrow of the Wind

Don’t know if you’ll like it, it’s two chapters as of this second
Book Title :The Queens Peace Keeper
Author : @Haddes97
Link : https://www.wattpad.com/story/185746888-the-queen’s-peace-keeper
Genre : Fantasy but in future leaning more darkfantasy
Short summary : A Fairy walks into a pub, gets pretty badly drunk and challenges anyone at the pub. To bad for the fairy she didn’t notice everyone in the pub was not you’re everyday patron. The patrons of this pub are honor bound supernatural creatures, who will not be taking this challenge lightly to have the Fairy Princess as their servant to do with as they wish. This challenge doesn’t go unanswered for long, as a monster from the Princesses childhood nightmares appears to protect the Princess from her drunken stupidity. Only for the nightmare to be the one who takes the challenge.
I try to do updates every couple of days

https://my.w.tt/kloP2Avw7Y14
The Alpha’s Wicked Queen

❝She is living with roses
With a smell of a wildflower
And an outlook of daisy
A perfect combination of chaos and peace.❞

Zariah has waited her whole life for a happily ever after, when seventeen-year-old Zariah crosses countries to spend her last year of school with her parents and potentially find her soulmate in her hometown last thing she expected is to faith plays its part, Asher Dean enters her life, it doesn’t take time for her to fall hopelessly in love with him even though they have vastly different personalities.

She tries to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student and a good mate while adjusting in his supernatural world, battling through misunderstandings, fighting her own demons and hiding her own secrets.

Her secret is a gift to others and if it discloses, everyone she has ever loved life will be at stake. The future of everyone lies on her, she must navigate the dangerous world, confront the temptations of forbidden love and shouldn’t trust anyone because one wrong move leads to someone dying.

I just started my writing but I hope you can give a chance for my story :smile:

Here’s the cover

searching%20for%20the%20sun

Earth, 20 October 2020

Today I’m going to visit my brother who lives in Singapore. I love going there, cause it’s quiet, warm place.

But, something is changing, it’s begin with small things that nobody recognize, until it happen so fast that I don’t have a time to think what happen around me. Everything was chaotic.

Indeed, Snow fall in tropical land was a sign of first warning.

And now, I don’t know who will I am going to save first…

Please click this https://www.wattpad.com/625068324-searching-for-the-sun-chapter-1

Superimposed1565146282447

I have a fantasy romance you may be interested in. The first book (this one) is completed. It does have mature topics like violence and some talk of sexuality. There’s some humor throughout the story. The ad is clickable. :blush: