♡ -- looking for some sensational and exquisite books to read -- ♡

So, I’m currently in the process of attempting to create a reading list and I want some books to add. But because I’m quite fussy and… well, a little lazy, I thought I’d see if I could find some hidden gems this way.

I’ve created a list of what I’m looking for in a book and what I’m not, so if you think your book might fit the category, feel free to post it below for me. Thank you so much! :heart:

What I’m looking for –

– fantasy novels, or series that involve: romance, female main characters, and clear world building.
– dystopian novels (same as above)
– romance stories based in the 1900s - 1960s (not too much bad-boy, etc stuff. And I don’t want the story to be completely based on sex, and attraction, I want a heartthrob).
– please make sure your story is either completed, or you’re updating at least once a week
– chapters are at least each 1000+ words long

What I’m not looking for –
Most fanfictions (unless they are star wars, harry potter or witcher fanfics) lolz.
Bad boy romance ONLY books
Short stories

Pretty sure that’s it! Can’t wait to see what you have all written :heart:

18 Likes

I have a fantasy with sole crazy world building and an a ace/lgbtq romance, if that’s counts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds wonderful! Feel free to drop the link and I’ll check it out!

1 Like

The UnTitled

unnamed%20(1)%20(1)

Awesome :slight_smile: hope it can bring you a few laughs if you do check it out! Thanks :purple_heart:

1 Like

Well, my story is completed and in fantasy but with no romance. Almost every chapter has 1000+ words, and the story has 12 chapters. I wonder if it falls into your preferences :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @hestia-of-the-fire!
Here is a classic romantic fantasy within Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” universe. Middle Earth! We return to Erebor and meet all our favourite dwarves again.

Three dwarrowdams. Three couples eventually.

We get to know three remarkable dwarven ladies. One the king’s sister, princess Dis. The other a skilled stonemason from the Iron Hills. And Alwa. Granddaughter of the great seeress…

Where she is right

WpTitelklein

Completed. Mature content.

Auch verfügbar im deutschen Original.
Wo sie recht hat

1 Like

Is all good. I love fantasy, so feel free to send the link :relaxed:

1 Like

This looks pretty cool, thanks.

1 Like

Alright, thank you :heart:

Title: NinRai - MissAdventures For Two

Genres: Action, adventure, fantasy (original world), comedy

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Winner in 8+ WP Awards!

Cover by: Me

Rating: PG13 (very light swearing, some fighting)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Title: NinRai - 2 - FaceStealer

Genres: Action, adventure, fantasy (original world), comedy

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Cover by: Me

Rating: PG13 (very light swearing, some fighting)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

1 Like

Hey, I have something that might be up your alley! It’s a horror/sci-fi dystopian story about the earth in the near future after global warming has led to a revolution as a way of combatting and stopping further environmental degradation. However it also deals with the concept of cults and religious beliefs in an environment where the world is dying and people are simultaneously discouraged from participating in religion. It’s a lot, but I hope you enjoy it!

Title: The Thousand-eyed Crow
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/207437211-the-thousand-eyed-crow
Mature: yes (blood, gore, sex)
Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Occult, Thriller, LGBTQ, Scifi

In the year 2147, when global warming has devastated the earth and the political economy has moved to a more centralized form of production, and when practicing religion is highly discouraged, twins Caoimhe and Kallias experience visions of what they can only identify as “the Thousand-eyed Crow”. As they delve deeper into the mystery behind this being, they discover just how convoluted and terrifying the world beyond our own can be.

1 Like

I’ve got three. I’ll start with my latest creation: Inflexible which is inspired by the Three Fates (The Moirai). It’s complete. Hope you stop by and enjoy!

Summary: Inspired by the Three Fates (the Moirai) of Greek Mythology

“Death affects everyone…especially the Inflexible.”

~*~

Four children, beloved by their Mother, descended from the heavens and mingled among humans. Growing fond of them, they pleaded with their Mother to let them stay. She agreed and her daughter grew jealous. Consumed by hatred, she descended from the heavens and vowed to destroy everything her siblings held dear.

~*~

Clarissa North is just a girl from Moonshell looking for answers about her birth parents. But when she goes to the lake house to find said answers, she finds herself seeing ghosts and dead souls. Confused and angry, she returns to the lake house and demands answers from the brothers that live there. And unfortunately for Clarissa, the answers drag her into a dangerous situation. Is she ready to discover who she truly is? And more importantly, who she is destined to become?

~*~

Arrow Mortane is the oldest of the four Mortane brothers. He and his brothers aren’t exactly human and they were sent to Moonshell in hopes of finding their sister and stop her before she causes more chaos in the human world. No such luck. And because of his abilities and the curse placed upon him, Arrow finds himself experiencing a lot of pain. Can anyone ease his pain and break his curse?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/208938428-inflexible

Rated mature due to sexual content (half a chapter) and themes of violence. I don’t think the violence is that bad, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

————————————————————
The next one is the first book of my series (The Eternal Bonds Series).

It’s a recently completed romance with supernatural and fantasy elements. Also, it’s inspired by Hades and Persephone. I hope you enjoy. Be sure to stop by and drop some comments in the story and let me know your thoughts!

Title: Blood of Darkness
Genre: Romance
Completed: Yes

Summary: Inspired by Hades and Persephone

“Sometimes death isn’t the end. Sometimes people come back.”

~*~

Selena Silvers is an ordinary girl who loves to paint. She goes to school and works at a bookshop in Blackfell. Pretty ordinary. Except for two tiny details. One, she has an extraordinary ability to feel the emotions of those around her. Two, almost every night when she closes her eyes, she sees a gorgeous man with hair as black as night and eyes as gray as the sea after a storm. The problem is that she has no idea who he is or even if he’s real. Will she ever find out? And what other secrets are hiding in the darkness of the night?

~*~

Damien Drake is the eldest of the six Drake siblings and is forced to take the throne after his Father is murdered. Oh and the fun part? He’s a vampire surrounded by all the darkness that comes with being one. Dealing with loss has never been Damien’s strong suit and he’s gotten to a point where he forces himself to bury all of his emotions deep down and builds his walls up so high. Will his siblings or anyone else be able to reach him? And will he ever defeat the person responsible for his Father’s death?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/191987540-blood-of-darkness

Rated mature due to possible graphic content (it’s due to some violent scenes, I don’t think they’re that graphic, but I’d rather be safe than sorry)

Also Book 2 of this series is currently out and is complete, it’s called Soul of Shadows, but be sure to read Blood of Darkness first!

Book 3 of the series is also out and is also complete, it’s called Heart of Radiance, but be sure to read Blood of Darkness and Soul of Shadows before checking out Heart of Radiance!

—————————————

The third one I’ll share is Crepuscule, which is inspired by Thanatos. It’s a dark supernatural (ish) romance and there’s a lot of mythical easter eggs as well. It’s complete as well. Hope you enjoy! Be sure to stop by and drop some comments with your thoughts!

Summary: Inspired by Thanatos

“The future is subjective…and while you can change it, that doesn’t make it any less scary.”

~*~

Chloe Callahan is just a girl living in Angelwood with a big secret. She’s a Clairvoyant. She can see the future of those around her. But being a Clairvoyant is what eventually gets her into trouble as soon Chloe finds herself running for her life as something dark and evil chases her down. Will she ever make it to safety? And what’s chasing her and why?

~*~

Sebastian Stryker is a Reaper. A being responsible for sending souls to the afterlife. Sebastian has seen so much death and its started to take a toll on him. His brother and sister have tried to ease his pain, but they can’t do much since they’re experiencing the same thing he is. Is there anyone out there that can bring some light back to Sebastian’s dark world?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/204568835-crepuscule

Rated mature due to themes of death and violence (I don’t think it’s that bad, but I’d rather be safe than sorry).

1 Like

Oooh, I already like the sounds of this one!

1 Like

Thanks for the amazing suggestions! They all look really interesting.

No worries. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, thank you!! Hope it’s a thrilling read!! :grin:

1 Like

My story, RISE, is an urban fantasy adventure story that takes place in a dystopia. It features a slow-burn romance and strong female characters.

READ IT HERE

Kidnapped from his home and forced into a war he wants no part of, Shia is a young demon, and one of the worst kinds of demon at that. As such he has known prejudice and hatred since his untimely birth eighteen years ago. Yet despite that, there are whispers that the fate of the world rests solely in his claws.

He must now scour the withering world of Kaulaire, hunted by a warlord and his soldiers, in search of answers as he travels with a pack of other young and down-trodden humans, demons, and the occasional swarm of disgruntled ghosts along for the ride.

The road ahead is long and winding with death or an even worse fate at every turn.

But the question Shia keeps asking himself, the one answer he must look deep into himself to find, is is this dying and hate-filled world even worth saving? Or should Kaulaire be left to fade into oblivion?

1 Like

Title: My Secret Mobster Boyfriend
Author: AthenaKosalla
Genre: Romance, New Adult, Comedy, Drama, Suspense/Action

Blurb
“I only have three conditions: you’ll accompany me whenever your presence is needed, don’t tell anyone this isn’t real and do not fall in love with me.”

Dark prince meets nerdy doctor:
Cate needs a boyfriend to avoid dreadful embarrassment at her upcoming high school reunion. Dray needs to bring home a girl with marriage potential before he will be allowed to take over the family business. In the absence of better options they agree to help each other. But with them obviously living in two completely different worlds, can this fateful deal really work out or will everything just end in an epic disaster? And if Cate ever found out with whom she’s gotten herself involved with, would a geek like her really be able to handle it?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/206331065-my-secret-mobster-boyfriend

1 Like

Hi! I have two novels that might suit you :slight_smile:

SURVIVE
eKNKzAv
Zombies are walking through the neighbourhood, and they’re wearing military uniforms.

With nothing left to lose, a group of young adults decide they’ve had enough. The government has turned against their people - disappearing as the state-wide lockdowns began. Online forums blame foreigners, current political leaders and the ongoing natural disasters that tore apart entire towns.

Then, the internet comes crashing down. The world goes into silence.

They leave the safety of their homes for one reason; to find answers, and maybe, save the world along the way.

KEPLER-168F
kepler1
Worldwide nuclear warfare decimated the Earth in 2045. The Council emerged shortly afterwards. They proposed one solution; send the children to Kepler-168F, a planet like Earth.

Etta Parker became one of the Chosen at eight years old. She’s known for her ruthlessness and cunning, being nicknamed the ‘Rabid Dog’ during the historically renowned trials.

When Etta turns eighteen, her life changes drastically. Women are expected to marry and produce children, however prestigious their position in society is.

Etta refuses to give up her life to become a mother. She’s worth more than that.

She craves freedom and power - and she’ll achieve it by any means.

1 Like

Fantasy:
Silly Little Castle

In the part of the world known as the Bay of Sorrows, two great powers, Aupana and Sellexu, are on the brink of war. Foxes is charged with delaying the Sellexun invasion by holding the last forgotten border fort between these two ancient enemies. But Foxes has been raised to know that the war between two human armies isn’t the end game, and that there is an unseen power that threatens more than nations.

For these things, and more, Foxes is driven to seek out the truth of the encroaching threats and expose them to the light of day, dragging her friends and allies along with her in an attempt to save their world.

Urban Fantasy/ Dystopian :

Sinfully Delicious

Recently Featured as a Wattpad Editor’s Choice!

Welcome to Earth, post apocalypse, after the council of twelve angels, their hunters of the light and the fallen one and his kin, reclaimed it from the humans. Humanity has been relegated to slavery, food stock or second class citizenship. In a world that contains demons, vampires, fae, angels and all other creatures that go bump in the night (and light) Ferya is a human who bakes the meanest treat in town.

Good and Bad aren’t the same as Day and Night, Dark and Light. The adventure that results in an innocent attempt at a peace offering involves love, pain, betrayal, age old legends and new realizations of just what it means to let go of your biases and build a world you can be safe in.

Happy Reading!

1 Like

20191020_140937_0000

Sixteen years ago, the shadow war took place. The Shadow Queen and her shadows fought against the combined forces of Sorcerers from around the world. The Sorcerers succeeded in banishing the shadows and sealing the Shadow Queen in a wall beneath Blackstone Castle but at a great cost.

Now, the seal on the Shadow Queen is breaking and it needs to be renewed.

Kim Aldrich and fourteen other sorcerers from around the world were summoned to participate in the Midnight trials where the five survivors will cast the spell to renew the seal on the Shadow Queen.

But what secrets are being kept from Kim? What is the true source of Shadow magic? The more secrets are unraveled, the more secrets there seem to be kept. Is Kim strong enough to survive the midnight trial? Because;

In the Midnight Trial, it’s either you win or you die.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/187526920?utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_reading&utm_source=android

1 Like