Looking for stories | Fantasy, Teen Fiction, Romance

It doesn’t matter to me if your book is a short story or a novel, I will be happy to read either one.

what i like:

• magic and new worlds to explore
  • fantasy stories set on our world
  • cute relationships
  • diversity and feminism are always welcome
  • “villains” as main characters

what i don’t like:

• abusive relationships

i don’t mind cliches - classics are classics for a reason - but be sure to put your own spin on things.

please be sure to include your cover and link to your book on the post.

28 Likes

Good evening :slight_smile: I got a high-fantasy world full of magic and new things to discover. The MC herself is a magical creature, too. There are no abusive relationships either.

BD

Blaze in the Darkness

High Fantasy/Werewolf

The death of the Beast Collector was the beginning of a new life for firefox kit Zanixa.

Sold to a werewolves as an illusion in a bottle, the pack is reluctant to take responsibility for the fox kit who is alone in the world. Now she’s freed after centuries of imprisonment, the pack’s resident vampire takes care of her.

Zanixa has other ideas than staying with them, though. She is eager to find her mother… if her mother is still alive. The world is a big, dangerous place for a young magical fox who knows nothing about werewolf wars, hungry rogues, or nature spirits.

Here’s the link :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is not as much a fantasy as a romance book! Book one of the White Witch of A Stór series. Completed uploading on 06/20/19

In a time and place of the fictional country of Cogadh, a Celtic Country, known for vicious rule and ruthless war, a king is lost and all hope lays on the shoulders of a young prince that quickly became king. One that could either unite two nations or tear them apart in war.

Young Annalise, a widow princess from A Stór, plots her revenge against the now young king. Is she an angel or a witch sent by the devil himself?

Revelations of her first husband drive her closer into the arms of the man that took his life. An arranged marriage for the virgin widow could either cost her life or bring peace to three war-torn countries.

When fire with a passion meets the new king of war it chances fate to either bring on an apocalyptic war and the death of their Celtic culture or draws out the light in him and brings peace. The King is faced with regret and his duty may be all he can do to save his soul.

Will this be a wicked twist of fate, lust or a love story to last the ages?

Link

1 Like

I’ve written a book called The Legion of Hunters. It is a high fantasy which means it is set in another world and it has 9 chapter now, but it is ongoing. It has a element of magic in Elemental Stones which are briefly explained in the synopsis :slight_smile:

Here is the Synopsis:
In Threlkeld, death is a thriving trade. Assassins known as Hunters are hired to track down and dispatch of their marks without guilt or mercy, and Lorca is one of them.

When her brother James is kidnapped and murdered at the hands of a man known only as Void, Lorca is left with no choice but to join The Legion of Hunters: those of her kind who are able to infuse their weapons with the powers of elemental stones. The thirst for vengeance runs in Lorca’s veins as she joins forces with three other hunters named Cann, Kainel, and Ellie, and races to defeat Void before he raises an army to lay waste to Threlkeld - all the while trying to unravel the mystery behind her unknown father.

Here is the Cover:
new%20version%202
And here is the Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/193266107-the-legion-of-hunters
Hope this appeals to you and if it does, I hope you enjoy it

3 Likes

https://www.wattpad.com/story/146350714-calm-before-the-storm

Hugo deParlieu didn’t want trouble, but trouble sure wanted him! On the way back from a particularly nasty adventure, he encounters a wounded creature that shouldn’t have existed. He is catapulted into a new world of magic, dragons, and a persistent mystery which brought the creature from her home to begin with, and must be solved or else her world will be plunged into war.

-I’m currently updating this. Just hit the 10,000 words mark. :smiley: But anyways, don’t bother if you hate reading stories that are still being slowly updated.

1 Like

Innocent Emily Kim

Description:

“What do you want,” she repeated.

“Break up with Axel.”

Her eyes widened, mouth opening slightly. Aiden’s eyes darkened, looking at her parted lips.

“Close your mouth, baby, or I might have to close it for you.”

Emily is in love with Axel Armstrong. She would do anything to get to know him better. When she finds out he needs her help, she’s willing to be his fake girlfriend, if it means that she can be romantic with him.

But what happens when Axel’s brother, Aiden, steps into the picture? And why is he so determined to break them up?

For mature audiences only.

© All Rights Reserved

Updates every Friday.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/180535141-innocent-emily-kim

Enjoy! I appreciate your support!

1 Like

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for since it has no fantasy element, but it has romance and some pretty cool female characters as well.

If it’s not your thing, then I understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doubtful Poems by a Hopeful Teenager

Completed
Leona is a sixteen year old introverted writer hiding in her world of poetry who’s only friend is a boy she met online. James Greyson is the out going, charming, golden boy who’s family just moved to Tampa FL. He soon questions everything he has with the girl online who he only knows as Valeera, when a girl at his new school captures his mind and soul with her poetry. Ridden with anxiety, Leona decides to keep her identity hidden from the only one who’s understood her. Her plan was working until she starts receiving texts from her father whos in prison for the murder of her mother.

Doubtful Poems by a Hopeful Teenager

To Love A Hurricane

https://my.w.tt/sk1dTxICSW

Completed

A recently dumped, accident-prone photographer is trying to get her mess of a life back on track when she accidentally runs over a mysterious man. In this hilarious, awkward, swoon-filled romance, follow the ridiculous adventure of Myla and her mystery man as the universe forces them together in the most comical way!

2 Likes

PNG

Noah’s mother died when he was fourteen in a freak boating accident. Through the years, the last words she spoke have stuck with him, engrained in his mind, and he has made them his life motto.

Now, five years later, he has just set off on his sailboat, the pull of adventure and travel to strong to resist any longer. The ocean lays wide open in front of him, and he’s got no clear location in mind, no timeframe to restrict him. Along the way he meets a girl with a huge desire to travel, and together they set out on an adventure that’s not only going to change them, but also their entire lives.

Join Noah on this eye-opening journey as he tries to figure out just where he’s going -and where he wants to be- in Find Your Oasis.

Kind of slightly reminiscent of the love story in Ally Carter’s ‘Not If I Save You First’ but with the premise of Tami Oldham Ashcraft’s ‘Adrift’…just without the crazy Russian kidnappers of the former and the tear-inducing tragedy of the latter. Haha.

2 Likes

My book is set in both our world and another fantasy realm.

Johanna White comes comes from a good family, great mam, caring dad and her slightly annoying younger sister Charlotte that she’s stuck with all day. One of the side effects of living in rural Ireland is having nothing to do during the summer holidays other than put up with the child or face boredom.
What Johanna and Char did not know was that their mam had a past full of secrets, a past that she thought she’d escaped from. But their life was normal, perfectly mundane. Safe. That all changed when the secrets caught up with them.

Johanna and her sister get sucked into a chaotic scheme, with Char away with the faeries and Johanna involved with a race of magical warriors, known as the Guardians who do not have her interests at heart. In fact, very few people have anything good to say about the Guardians at all. She winds up a pawn in a political battle she doesn’t even know is happening all while trying to come to terms with the very new reality that she is not on earth and that magic undoubtedly exists. And it isn’t all fun and games like the fairy tales made her believe.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/175406653-guardian-the-awakening

I’ve got a good old Paranormal Fantasy with new worlds to explore while also being set in modern day! Literally 70% of my characters are POC or LGBTQ+ And a very prevalent married supernatural couple that I personally think(gee, it’s not like I’m the author or anything, haha, wouldn’t that just be wonderful) are quite cute✨

If you do decide to check it out, I hope you enjoy it!

Elgin’s Enigma

Genre: Paranormal / Mystery / Horror

Elgin is your average city filled with people, trains, fog, victorian era fashion, goat people, and the best alchemy shop one can find. Nothing too bizarre, aside from the children.

Children appear in the forest regularly with marks on their body, unsure on how or why they’re there.

One day when a letter gets delivered to one of the children and curiosity gets the better of them. It suddenly becomes a mad dash on figuring out on what exactly Elgin is and how they can go back home.

Click the cover to read the story!

✧ coded by astrophile ✧

Helllllo :innocent:
I have a few, the first one is Darkling it’s complete, set in a magic academy, it’s about the journey of discovering truths and lies, along with love, there are 3 love interests.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/184186336-darkling

I’ve also started the sequel for it too.

Reckoning
The second instalment of The Darkling Series. Can Lucy take down her father once and for all? Breaking hearts, writing wrongs and discovering what she’s truly capable of. It’s not over just yet.
:smiling_imp::point_down::smiling_imp:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/191913768-reckoning

This ones new :dizzy:

Violet
Running from her problems had been working so well, until now.
Violet has been blending in, hiding away from her past, well what she remembered of it.
:heart::heart::heart::heart:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/186948627-violet

Hope they are what you’re looking for :heart::heart::heart:

cover2

Title: Because You’re Different
Genre: YA/NA Romance
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/175919565-because-you’re-different

Blurb:
What if your body doesn’t always do what you want it to do?

For June, this isn’t a question, but a daily reality. As a fourteen-year-old with cerebral palsy, frequently dropping stuff and being stared at by complete strangers is nothing out of the ordinary. Other than that, life is great, until her parents decide to move to California.

With all her friends miles away and nobody there to protect her from boys stealing your lunch, school becomes a lot more complicated than it had been. Then, she befriends Sam Redstone, a shy boy who’d always been invisible to others.

June’s days improve drastically with Sam by her side, and when she meets his older brother Nathan, she finally believes her cousin Valentina might have been right about sexy California guys. Slowly, she and Nathan develop a unique friendship, one that, June finds herself hoping, might someday turn into something more. But as the years go by, she’s starting to think she might never be with him that way, or any other man for that.

Hey! I think I’ve got something you’d like
Features magic and a new world, plus a feminist setting where women are considered men’s equals and are a vital part of the military–including as generals and ranked officers, as well as high-ranked religious officials! :smiley: There’s a bunch of cute friendships if you’re into that kind of relationship :slight_smile: and a ‘villain’ plays a prominent role late in the game.

Those Who Would Not Be Gods
Summary: Newly-graduated Shrineguard Raffaele is eager to test his sword–and his magic–on the field of battle. When the High Priest perishes within days of graduation, he seizes the once-in-a-lifetime chance and enters the running to become the next High Priest.

Right when the contest is heating up, a young girl with a mysterious talent claims she knows the location of a centuries-old treasure: the Lost Godstone. With such a relic in hand, Raffaele is sure to become the High Priest.

However, unbeknownst to him, a powerful dark mage has been searching for the Lost Godstone for untold years. As both he and the dark mage grow close to the relic, it becomes a race, not to become High Priest, but to keep the relic from the hands of evil.

If you want to try a romance book and are okay with ongoing stories, I have this one, Heart to Hart

There is a slight love triangle but no abusive relationships and my MC is pretty strong and self-sufficient.

Blurb
At eighteen years old, mistakes are bound to be made and Natasha can’t seem to stop making them.

First, she leaves her friends and home behind all because she couldn’t face her ex with her new replacement. She is convinced the change of scenery will magically transform her.

When she realises she was wrong, she returns only to find that cracks are starting to show in the perfect family her mother tries to portray them all as.

Max, her ex-boyfriend, is suddenly single. Will she be quick to forgive and let him use her all over again?

Then there is Alec, her childhood best friend. Sian has warned her not to cross any lines in their relationship but what harm is a little kiss among friends?

Natasha is about to find out, the hard way, that every action has a consequence.

https://www.wattpad.com/732296664-heart-to-hart

ongoing story

Hey @bwttersweet!

My new WIP “Eternal Orchids” is kind of a weird story to describe but it’s a teen/young adult fantasy romance, almost a bit gothic but not horror, with plenty of twists and turns… it’s different to a lot of stuff out there (hopefully!)

Hope you like it, if you choose to take a look :blush:

ETERNAL ORCHIDS by Lucille Dixon
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/179210612-eternal-orchids

Orchids%20latest%20cover

The flowers are always in bloom at Edenhall Park…

When a beautiful but mysterious stranger offers nineteen-year-old Evelyn a fresh start, away from the tough life she’s been living on the streets, she jumps at the chance.

However, after arriving at the seemingly-magical Edenhall Park - an ancient, grand house where the young, beautiful and celebrated seem to live wild and free - Evelyn soon begins to realise things are not quite as they seem.

As Evelyn’s heart starts to fill with love and desire, it soon learns to ignore what her head is telling her and simply allow the beauty of Edenhall Park and all those who live there to consume her every fibre.

Can love really allow people to stay young and beautiful forever? Within the walls of Edenhall Park, it would appear so…

I have a work in progress that you might like if you do not mind reading something that is not finished. It is a fantasy in today’s society with a bit of world building, though there is no romance.

RotD%20Second%20New%20jpg
https://www.wattpad.com/story/178485461-rise-of-the-darkness

Prophecy of Shadow Book 1 Long have the enemies of Dragonkind hid in the shadows, waiting to strike. For millennia Dragons have hid from Humankind, growing restless. A prophecy is found and the pieces on the board begin to move. Two young dragons are chosen to train and fight, but just who is moving the pieces? A unique story of dragons and other creatures of magic set in the modern world.

I have a completed Teen-Fiction novella that has feminism (in the sense that the female lead is an ambitious leader), but she is also a very “villain-ish” protagonist. So I definitely think you’d enjoy this book!

gKaRK19

Title: The Red Ribbon

Blurb: It’s the beginning of a new school year as elite junior Ravenna Griselda continues her reign of terror over the student body after the infamously traumatizing events of sophomore year. Thanks to the Inquisitors, an openly secret organization within the private school, Ravenna, alongside her puppets, begin to master the art of real-life chess. As the months progress, the Inquisitors grow not only smarter, but bolder as they take a leap over a dangerous line they’ve never crossed before. So when a revenge plan takes an unexpected turn, deep rooted secrets are suddenly spilled. Through betrayals, backlash, and intricate conspiracies, Ravenna only remains with one last question: which one of them is the real monster?

Link: https://my.w.tt/qDM35TyGnY

1 Like

This is urban fantasy/adventure? Work in progress…
09%20PM

The phrase ‘alter ego’ has always been used carelessly. But imagine living your life as half of a whole. Enter a city nestled within the tapestry of LA- and welcome to chaos, to tricks and thrills, to lies buried under a darkening sky. Welcome to Alter.
Alters have always passed in and out of Eden, a city hidden within the normal world, that was once a haven created for them to live their lives. Now a place of anarchy, join Jocelyn, Hall, James, and Rico on their journey through Eden as their stories intertwine.
ALTER is a story meant to explore the rules and boundaries of what we assume alter egos can do, but most importantly: what place would they take if they lived in today’s world? Or perhaps, hiding in the shadows, are they already here?

#1 in the tag #supernaturalabilites
#25 in the tag #fantasyadventure
#4 in the tag #alterego
#2 in the tag #splitpersonalities
#42 in the tag #urbanfantasy
https://www.wattpad.com/story/190847492-alter

1 Like