Looking for stories under 500 views *please read details before submitting*

Hello!

I’ve been coming across some pretty amazing stories on here lately that have absolutely made me fall in love with the characters. I want more. I need more. I like finding undiscovered stories and littering them with my reader comments. I’ve very vocal when I like something, and I find it very fun to feel connected to the stories I’m reading and communicating my thoughts and feelings to the author. Also, I’m obsessed with the idea of characters, so I want more to love.

SO, what am I looking for?
-Stories with 500 or less views (it’s okay if it’s a little more if it meets my other criteria)
-Intriguing/unique characters
-Any genre is fine with me. However, I’m asking you not to give me fanfiction stories because I’m looking to read about original creations. I don’t want to read about characters I’m already familiar with.
-I’m 100% okay with Mature stories.
-I would prefer that if the story is romance, that it’s the sub-genre. A lot of romance stories I’ve been trying out lately have the same type of generic main characters, and it’s getting a little old.
-Again, I want captivating characters. That’s it.

Please don’t just post your story just to get views. Only post if you genuinely think I’ll like it.
I have every right to refuse any story, so please don’t feel offended if I don’t want to read yours. Just like you all probably wouldn’t like my stories, I probably won’t like each and every one of yours either. That’s just how the world works.

No payment is required. I’m just looking for something to read and comment on like crazy. I’m not kidding about the commenting part. I can point you in the direction of some authors I enjoy on here and they’ll let you know that I can comment quite a lot when I’m enjoying the story (lol). Seriously, you’ve been warned. If I like your story, don’t be surprised if you see a bunch of comments.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. I may be blunt, but I don’t bite.

I will be adding all accepted stories to a specific reading list I’ve created for this and will work off of that. I will move the ones I’m working on to my “Currently Reading” list. Just FYI :slight_smile:

46 Likes

Hey I was wondering, my story just passed 500, so its like 518. Would you still look at it? I think you might really enjoy it

1 Like

So long as it meets my criteria of intriguing/captivating characters, I’d be more than happy to check it out. I should probably include that in my description…

1 Like

hello! i don’t know if you’ll like it :rofl: but i like to think (or at least hope) that my characters are interesting. i write lesbian-fantasy romance, and my current wip is about a vampire fledging who has an identity crisis about being a vampire because it’s been four years and she’s yet to fully turn. and there’s a vampire hunter whose entire identity is about being a vampire hunter because it’s literally what she was born to become.

i also think my prose is pretty readable? if you’re interested in checking it out, you can find it here: Blight and Bloom. best of luck in your search for stories! :two_hearts:

1 Like

This already sounds like it’ll be great lol added to my reading list, thank you!

Here is my story info, the first chapter starts off with a silly mishap but i soon after start diving in more into the characters

Title: For The Love Of The Game

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/225415135-for-the-love-of-the-game

Genre: Romance/NewAdult

Blurb: Riley is a 24-year-old who became financially responsible for her two younger brothers when her parents suddenly got deported. One day, after coming home from work, Riley runs into her handsome new neighbor Noah while moving in, who is looking to get a fresh start. When she offers to help him finish moving, she never expected that she would end up breaking a 15K gaming computer. Knowing she can’t afford to pay him back for the computer, she strikes a deal. The deal will make her dive into a world of games that she had long forgotten.

1 Like

A Princess, a Dragon, a Rogue and One Other Guy

An ex-Princess-Bride wants to marry a Dragon, but when a curse threatens their happily ever after, they are left racing against time to break the spell before it breaks their hearts.

Elvira, a princess who gave up her rights to the crown to go on adventures and do good, falls in love with a dragon knight Ferrante.

Alas, copious amounts of lightning bolts threaten to keep Elvira and Ferrante apart forever, to protect the rights of her long-forgotten, dead-beat betrothed. Who knew that magic-sealed marriage contracts don’t have an expiration date when the royals are involved?

Elvira immediately sets out in search of her betrothed to wed him, bed him and be done with him. It would have been simple, except that runaway prince had since become a highway robber and nobody knows where he might be hiding.

Ferrante, infuriated with Elvira’s quest to save their nuptials, takes on the ancient Arcane Guild to annul the contract. More brawn than brains, the fine print is not his forte, and the dangers of sparring with nimble minds are far greater than he had seen in his nightmares.

Meanwhile, a sinister puppet-master also has designs on Elvira.

So, the race to the altar is on!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/222944504-a-princess-a-dragon-a-rogue-and-one-other-guy

4 Likes

Unique and intriguing characters is more or less my calling. Romance-free fantasy books are my brand. The story is not mature (I can’t make myself write that), but I hope it’s interesting nonetheless. It might or might not be 707 reads, though :sweat_smile:

The Fallen: Xaray

An ongoing & interactive High Fantasy story

Heroes can fall in more ways than one.

After serving the people of the lands for years as a hero, demigod Xaray Mafrelin crosses a line and is condemned to death. However, being executed is not on the agenda of the twenty-five-year-old son of Death. Instead, he slaughters the entire town, marking the beginning of a new era of terror.

All children of Death shudder when they sense the massacre, including Zaheria. Tasked by Mafrel himself to find the source of the influx of souls, chases down her half-brother Xaray, but it’s a race against the clock before he’ll strike again.

Xaray and Zaheria are locked in a deadly game of cat and mouse, with the lives of countless mortals on the line. Dangers and threats lurking behind every corner, and the line between friend and foe is thin and treacherous. Even the blood of a god cannot save him from some of the enemies he has made.

Click here to read!

2 Likes

The puppet-master portion already has me sucked in. I cannot wait to get started.

1 Like

“It might or might not be 707 reads, though” :rofl: Nah, I think you’re just being modest because it sounds too specific to be real :laughing: :joy:

2 Likes

Aha! My evil scheme worked!

2 Likes

How dare you trick me like this :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey! My story has just hit 1k but I have about 31 chapters so most of my views are concentrated on the first few chapters with little reads elsewhere! Totally understand if you are not interested in it but I will post it since I think it fits the requirements!

Romance is a subplot (really really subplot. like barely there for a while) and it is very character heavy and driven for the majority of my first book! I will drop the details below!

Title: Hell Hath No Fury
Genre: Low-Fantasy Fiction, Action/Adventure
Chapters: 31
Words: 150k words.

Blurb: Aboard the Scorned Woman, there is a pirate crew that hails from all five Baethean continents. They raid merchant ships and other pirates in the dead of night and take no prisoners. Releasing captured women, killing men, and wreaking havoc whenever they are on land, the ladies of the Scorned Woman are notoriously dangerous around Baethos. When a young girl with nothing but a need to get away from home stumbles across the ship, she finds herself in a whole new world of steel, gold, and thievery. In this adventure, follow her into unknown political arenas, life-risking missions for gold and falling in love, not just with the open seas.

Link: https://my.w.tt/VIU7FECqD5

2 Likes

Title: Free Falling

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/72353246-free-falling-book-1

Description: Wendy lives in a world where most are unaware of metahumans, people with extraordinary abilities. The government knows and has kept it a secret. Not all have the same level of power and those who do live longer.

She’s one of them. People in her community are wary of her. A person long ago had a vision and said that she’d have multiple abilities, a rare thing. Occasionally there are those who have two. For this, power-hungry metas have tried to take her and use her as a weapon. They’ve all failed so far.

Victor, another meta and ward of Wendy’s dead aunt, comes to live with Wendy’s family. Not long afterward, a successful kidnapping occurs. All goes downhill, a web of secrets unraveling itself.

Together, they try to discover what’s been lost and what’s to come.

1 Like

My story has been called an easy read and engaging…hope it meets what you’re looking for…it has a little bit of everything for everyone…and romance, only a subplot…

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/225345061-the-clearing
The child appeared on Professor Grant’s doorstep on a cold fall night, declaring his intentions of permanently residing with the family. This mystifying boy, Victor, seemed to know much about the Grant household. He is sent away twice but surprisingly continuously returns, ultimately saving the life of the toddler, Jason. Dutifully, the Grants take Victor into their home, only to discover the boy possesses talents they can only define as magical.
Ten years later, the Professor has sadly passed away, and the tribute tree dedicated in his memory was seriously damaged by lightning. Victor takes it upon himself to heal the tribute tree with magic, but instead unleashes greater magical forces within himself that brings danger not only upon him, but to the family he loves and protects. Learning to control his newfound power without upsetting the magical balance in a world he did not know existed, sets into motion an extraordinary adventure that will save him from himself…or destroy them all.

1 Like

I’ll continue looking through these submissions tomorrow! Also, you’ve all been warned about my incessant commenting if I like what I’m reading. Don’t complain to me later (lol).

Title: Novice in Love

synopsis
nov·ice in love
a person new to or inexperienced in love

Ellie Moon is a sophomore in college and she already has enough things on her plate to worry about. She is busy with her classes, finding internships, and preparing for life after graduation all while handling the pressures placed by her family. She agrees that meet-cutes and the cliches are sweet and all but the last thing she needs is to be entangled in drama and getting into a relationship. Yet, since when has life been predictable?

What started out as a simple tutoring gig with a mysterious guy becomes so much more when a cheating scandal breaks out on campus. Many fingers point at him to be the culprit but he neither confirms or denies it. As they continue to spend more time together, she wants to trust him and even begins to feel things she never felt before, but can she trust what she is feeling as a novice like herself?

Join Ellie as she navigates the mess called her life and realizes complications of romance and love.

New chapters posted every Thurs & Fri!

Link:https://www.wattpad.com/story/225579727-novice-in-love-new-ongoing

1 Like

Title: House of a Thousand Rooms

Reads: 30

Genre: Paranormal, Romance*

• Romance between FL (a grim reaper) and ML (a hellhound) is subplot. Tone of story is set up more like a campy, creepy mystery in a haunted house.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/223154173-house-of-a-thousand-rooms

Summary:
When her parents disappeared years ago, Cora Butters never thought much about why they went missing. Nor did she question why she was sent to live with her graying, frizzy-haired Aunt Amelia, balding Aunt Mathilde, and their two cats, Luna and Noctis.

The seemingly unremarkable Cora embarks on a series of strange events on the night of her thirteenth birthday, starting with a haunted red door in her spinster aunts’ small Victorian cottage.

Does this door hold the key to her parents’ disappearance? Cora soon discovers that her aunts’ cottage isn’t quite as small as it appears on the outside. She also learns that it’s hiding many secrets about her past and future.

Dark secrets that are anything but unremarkable.

Cover - House

2 Likes

Title: Last Stay
Genre: Mystery/Thriller (has strong Horror elements)
Blurb: When workaholic “Green” is suspected of murdering his missing wife, he is plagued by a dark force as he searches for a way to find her in time.

“Green’s” wife, Angela, didn’t come home last night or the night before that. In fact, she’s been missing for six days, and people are starting to suggest that Green had something to do with her disappearance. Some even believe he murdered her.

But ever since Angela failed to come home that evening, strange and unexplained things have been happening to her husband. One night, Green rushes over to his wife’s old apartment and discovers a cell phone that seems to belong to her; he also encounters something dark lurking her bedroom.

When he finally manages to leave, the cell phone he found provides the first clue about what might have happened to his wife. As he begins to follow the clues, Green soon discovers that the path to solving this mystery is filled with peril and forces he could not have imagined.

Link: Read here

1 Like

@BlameSaiki My story doesn’t meet your criteria of 500 reads. However, it does have captivating characters and you won’t find any cliches in it either. If you’re still interested, I’ll drop the link. If not, hope you find something great to read from all the gems here! xx

1 Like