Making Practice Covers! (CLOSED)

So, I already love to do graphics as a hobby, but lately I’ve been trying to further my skills with practice because I’m no professional. Plus, I’m trying to get into the habit of using copyright free images. Here are a few examples of the recent book covers I’ve made for my books!

I just need at least 5 request only to practice with if anyone is interested! And if you are, all you have to do is leave your…

• book title
  • synopsis
  • a quote or subtitle (if wanted)
  • book genre
  • Username or real name (whichever you want on the cover or if you would like both)
  • theme (sad, happy, etc.)
  • Description details (by description details, I mean a brief explanation of what you have in mind for the cover, to give me an idea of what you would like me to make.)

No payment necessary! And I’m only accepting 5 because I don’t have time to make more at the moment, so first come, first served. And when they’re finished, I will post and tag you here.

Hi!! Those are really neat covers you’ve made; I really like the test of the second one.
While you may not like my genre or ideas, I figured, why not post anyways, right? If it’s not accepted, Im willing to submit a fake that may spring some ideas :slight_smile:

book title: Fractured Red
synopsis:

Summary

If you asked shifters about a female named Opalescence Alkingsly they wouldn’t understand and if you asked them about the legend of Red, it sometimes sparked a distant memory worn away with the passage of time. However, more often than not it too would be met with a look of confusion.

Legends sometimes fade, forgotten, and lost within the past. But the few that remember, and pass on the tales, for them the legends live on.

~~

From the moment she was born, Red was destined to leave her mark on the world. Both blessed to make a change and cursed to find her end, she wants for something the world cannot give her. A second chance. Her visions were painful, driving her to stain her hands with blood. All Red ever wanted was to wash her hands clean, but as she learns quickly, some stains aren’t so easy to remove.

One family member dead, one curse, and one choice, was all it took to set her along a path with no way out. The consequences of one’s action never give second chances as Red finds out. She travels in search of a cure, and her past will affect her future.

In the end two will have died. One by Red’s hand and one will be her.

~~

Her tale, forgotten by many in the sands of time, her choices built a foundation.

a quote or subtitle (if wanted): N/A

book genre: Adventure/Paranormal/Werewolf
Username or real name: Violet Whiteheart
theme (sad, happy, etc.): Calm, maybe a bit sad, meloncholy

Description detail: Honestly, not too sure. What about the silhouettes or the forms of a woman and a wolf reflected in water with a bit of forest shown. However, the water could be distorted or kind of ‘broken’ like glass. I really like the idea of the image being ‘broken’ like some parts being shifted slightly out of place as if someone glued glass together, but was slightly off with the pieces. Or if you have another idea, I’d love to see it, for I don’t have my thoughts set particularly on one things or the other.

1 Like

Thank you! And this sounds like a challenge! I’m definitely going to try it! (I’m most likely going to make a few different options with different ideas to showcase to you). ^-^

1 Like

Looking forward to it :calmwolf:

Im sure I’ll be amazed by whatever you create!

1 Like

Book Title: Paragon
Synopsis: Avery is a half-human half Paragon who is the their to the throne of the Coltar. She must accept this, gain allies, and fight for her right to rule.
Quote: When you’re the heir to the throne you bow to no one.
Genre: Sci Fi/Fantasy
Name: C. M. Trier
Details: I have a current cover that has the Northern Lights, which are part of the story but I feel like there could be more to it. I would really like to change it to include a blonde woman with white wings (if possible) and maybe a throne or somehow include that the story takes place on several planets.

1 Like

I will try my best! ^-^

1 Like

Okie so, as I was making the covers, I blended your idea with an image I had in mind. And since you said you liked the results of cover 2 that I made of mine the most, I decided to use a similar sample of that style for the water reflection. But just to be sure, I’ve made 3 different versions of the same cover.

2 Likes

Omg, I have to fix your name also, I didn’t realize I didn’t add the e in heart, so whichever you choose, I will fix that! (Also, if you don’t like any of those, I have a few other ideas in mind).

1 Like

:0 wow, all these are so neat!!

1 Like

Which looks better in your opinion?

1 Like

I cant quite decide. I really like the first because of how much it pops, the second one is interesting because of the contract of the shades and then the red, and the last one is more subtle then the other two.

Hmmm, do you think there would be someone who could give a second opinion? (that you know ofc)

1 Like

Yah, hey @Arkotract @LigerCat @inkwellheart can you come give an opinion please?

3 Likes

Hello! On what?

1 Like

Yes?

1 Like

@Arkotract @LigerCat, @Loutka would like an opinion on what cover is the best, between the three above

2 Likes

I like the first one best.

1 Like

I like the second one… I think.

1 Like

@inkwellheart @LigerCat Thank youuu <3

2 Likes

@calmwolf Definitely the first cover :slight_smile:

1 Like