Man/Woman/Thing of Mystery

Who in your story is the most mysterious character or thing ever? Like none of the characters understand anything about him or her or it and they continue to remain shrouded in mystery. Nobody even knows what the character does or who they really are because they are a blatant mystery. Do you have a character or thing like that? So, tell me who are those character(s) or thing(s)?

1 Like

Anyone???

1 Like

I don’t have one just like that, but I do have a dude named Shadow Knight who keeps himself surrounded in darkness and only appears at random times. Only two people in the guild have seen his face, and while everyone knows that he works secretly for the guild master, few know what he actually does without being there. He’s also the strongest guild member, one who tests other members to make them mages.

and he is secretly actually a well know guild member who’s friends with everyone, but he doesn’t want people to look at him as the feared Shadow Knight, hence his hiding his identity and his face.

1 Like

Sounds cool.

1 Like

What about you? Do you have any mysterious persons? :eyes:

1 Like

Sorta. I am still in the planning stage.

1 Like

I have a character like that. Her name is Xix. She’s in my book but I’ve made it so I’m only hinting at who she is

2 Likes

I think that’s the most mysterious you can get is only hinting :eyes:

2 Likes

I have a book about an experienced spy named Alex, and a brand new spy named Thalia, who hate each other at first, but grow to like and respect each other. I’m about halfway through writing a second book about them, and one of the characters is a complete mystery even to his closest friends. He works as a secret agent overseas, but remains just as secretive when at home.
He goes by Kyle when he’s in the States, although one of his friends comments at one point that he didn’t even realize his friend’s real name was Khalid until he’d known him for months. Kyle plays everything very close to his chest, never revealing any personal information. Most of his friends do not know what his job is, but even the very few who know what he does, they don’t know any details about it

1 Like

Douglas Jenkins, at least according to the planning. This is mainly because he doesn’t know his origins and cannot reveal it to anyone.

His name isn’t even his real name, because he was a child born from a dead prostitute. There were superstitions about “picking up a baby from a corpse means bad luck,” so nobody bothered to help him. He was eventually found and put in an orphanage owned by the Jenkins family, from where he earned his name. Douglas learned that many children used to have parents, and he dreamed of finding his own and who he actually was.

2 Likes

Yep :eyes:

2 Likes

I have two. In Amber Silverblood, there’s Victor. Nobody knows a lot about Majestic’s agents in general (except me, MWAHAHAHA) but Victor is extra enigmatic. Mostly because the dude won’t freaking die. In book one, the villain dropped an oil truck on him, then blew it up. In book 2, he’s back and acting like nothing happened. At the end of book 2, he essentially gets nuked, but right before that he tells the guy who nukes him “You can’t kill me.” (Spoilers: he’s back again in book 3) The dude’s got a mysterious past, and his last name appears…elsewhere…but surprisingly nobody’s picked up on that yet.

Then there’s Captain Treyn in Juryokine: Exile of Heroes. He uses curse words in languages that nobody’s heard of before, his cabin is filled with mysterious things that might be familiar if you’ve read my other books, and right at the end it’s almost like he does magic in a world where magic isn’t supposed to exist.

2 Likes

In my first story-‘Black diamond’ the MC -Kim Yuna is a mysterious character…every chapter has some hints and hidden information on her,but in a metaphoric form…

1 Like

Can’t really say as there are too many such beings, but by global standards it’d be the Terror From The Great Beyond.

He hushed: something of terrible power was nearing them. Though at first he mistook it to be a mere Greater Daemon, he knew now that no daemon – greater or lordly, could ever muster as much power as the radiations beckoned to him. Whatever it was, no proper image of it could be formed by Vilyánur’s mind – it seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I could say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of a bat, a pineapple, and an elven caricature, I would not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing.

1 Like

In Neverland Knights, that would be Nickel. Actually there’s a really long list of options, that’s kind of the point, but Nickel is the most obvious one. Nickel isn’t his name for starters. He just changes it every time he does something horrible, which makes it hard to keep records on him. And he tends to outlive everyone, one way or another.

In Lone Star Dragon it would probably be Liberty Colony, where the MC’s mother is kept prisoner, which her children simply don’t talk about. Maybe the Court of Bones as well, but there’s little I can say there.

1 Like

I have an entire species that’s supposed to be a myth. Nobody’s ever seen one, nor found proof that they exist. Though they share the forest with everyone else, they’re incredibly good at hiding and will do anything, killing included, to keep themselves hidden.

Turns out they exist, but you can imagine they’re tricky to figure out. They also have a culture totally different from anyone else among the MCs, so a lot of what they do initially makes no sense.

1 Like

I… genuinely have nothing like that in my story. The closest thing is my second MC, a vampire who likes to lurk in the darkness yet proved to be a vicious warrior. He never does say much about himself, if he says much at all.

Maybe I should implement something like this more :thinking:

1 Like

The Overseer. Uses genderless pronouns. No one know where they come from, or what they are. No one has ever seen them, only their effects on the world.

1 Like

The Shaa (or Edgling) race in general is shrouded in mystery. The only thing other races know about them is that they were born from the shadows of lava (and many don’t know if that is even true… it actually is) and speak using their own guttural language.

Erm…I think that’s about it. I suppose an entire mysterious race is pretty big though, huh?

1 Like

Well, there is this one woman (or girl maybe?) that my MC has conversations with every once in a while. He’s never seen her, has no idea how old she is or where she came from.

He asked one of his friends about her once, but his friend just yowled, hissed at him, and ran up a tree. He decided later that, honestly, she was probably right about that.

But, anyway, he figures that in her current state this woman (or girl maybe) is pretty harmless, and he sorta feels sorry for her, so he goes out every once in a while and gossips and maybe they can come up with a game or two to play.

But, no, he’s not gonna move that rock, because dead people walkin’ around just wouldn’t be proper.

1 Like