Mature Romance Discussion Thread! (part 3)

It has been, yeah! Don’t know where everyone has gone or if its Nano keeping everyone busy lol

How are you?? :slight_smile:

I’m good, thank you. Got into a car crash last night, but nobody got hurt. I only strained my ankle while climbing over the guardrail. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

I haven’t written a word in days, I will have to do a NaNoWriMo on my own in December :joy:

Are there any news from your computer? :confused:

A car crash?! Oh my goodness. I can’t believe you got hurt after the actual crash :joy: I’m sorry but that is so you :joy: lol

Yeah! Do your own Nano! Or you can compete in their NaNo camps. Though, I don’t know when those begin or for how long lol

As far as the computer… it’s like 95 percent chance its pointless and everything is lost. This third guy I have looking at it seemed hopeful but text me a couple nights ago saying the only thing he can access on it isn’t personal data. I just feel so numb about it all at this point.

EVERYONE says that! :joy::joy::see_no_evil: But it’s true, I guess. Now I can officially say that my clumsiness is famous all around the world… :sweat_smile:

I’ll be alone at work the entire December, my exams will be over, nothing’s going to stop me then. I just don’t know which story to work on, I’m currently switching between the sequel of DE, the edit of LICM and a new one that isn’t published yet. I should probably focus on one story, but my head is all over the place at the moment.:see_no_evil:

Oh no, I’m so, so sorry. :confused: I’ve had a couple of chapters deleted from Wattpad that haven’t been saved elsewhere, it’s the worst. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the last string of hope :frowning: :cry:

I shouldn’t even have to say this, if you’ve never met someone don’t state things about them as one hundred percent true.

This is toxic behavior, that in any other context would get you sued.

I met this one guy at this other board that vaguely implied that I don’t pay people, when I’ve never met this person.

If I can’t pay an artist for something, I will explicitly state as much. I’m a straight forward person. And I will arrange some other kind of split royalty deal.

Edit: Now they removed their post.

Don’t do this people. If you have to delete a post because you know it’s not true, just don’t present what you say as one hundred percent factual.

I don’t think anyone on this thread is going to do that or needs to be told not to do such things. lol

Oddly enough, it’s not even the norm in this other place.

Well not odd, a good thing actually.

So other than that, how have you guys been? I’ll have to see where this new book is headed, she doesn’t have an explicit love interest yet.

So true! :joy: You’re famous!

This is one of the most difficult things to conquer as a writer! The ideas. The endless ideas trying to fight for attention in your brain! I have a couple that have been burning in my mind for months and months pushing to to push Kat and Dom to the side lol They’ve had the spotlight for too long and I know it lol

A new novel you as say you’re working on?

She has my interest!

I’ve been good! I would be better had my computer not crashed with all of my work trapped on the inside. But, ya know. Aside from that mental breakdown I’m doing pretty good. NaNo isn’t going to happen for me this year since I was down a computer almost a week.

Working from my moms work computer now and getting a lot done but there’s no way I will catch up in time to win.

How’s NaNo going for you?

Ouch mental breakdown? A lot of my friends have those unfortunately.

It’s good, I’m about 5,000 words into it. I decided to go ahead and write a new thing. I’m kind of participating in it unofficially.

I might also be getting a new cat soon, whose name is Oreo. First time taking care of one.

In the new WIP, I’m combining Vampire Romance with LitRPG for a work that uses the most of both genres, but which one will be emphasized I’m not sure yet.

The MC is a game developer, and is currently testing a Roguelike game she found, that features PERMADEATH+ mode.

In that mode, not only is death permanent, it also has effects in the MCs real world.

As I mentioned elsewhere, 10,000 words is a lot more doable. I wouldn’t say it’s a blip, but it at least seems possible.

A cat?! Aww. You know the people on this thread will go bonkers for a kitty. Or any animal really lol We will request pictures!

You do whatever works best for you and helps you make the most progress! :slight_smile: I’m only at 13k now and it still feels good lol

I’ll see how far I get, I’m still frazzled by this one person at LitRPG forum.

I mean it’s shit like that why I struggle with the self-doubt I have. It doesn’t give people license to just compound that feeling.

The worst bit: they’re a moderator over there, so the chances of my report even acted upon is infinitely small.

Clarified the KBoards situation in DM for you, but it’s important if anyone here owns Romance novel adds on that place.

Just so I don’t accidentally derail it here.

Life goal achieved :sunglasses::joy::joy:

Yes! It’s not helping to be productive. But I suppose I won’t be writing anything until December, I will just have to edit the next chapter of DE tomorrow, then I’ll finally have to start studying. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I think I already told you about it. It’s more of the equestrian world and my version of a “hate to love” relationship (although not really) and my take on a love triangle. I still haven’t found a title, right now it’s “My Best Frenemy”, because I couldn’t think of anything better :joy::see_no_evil:

Yes, we all want cat pictures!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of Kboards but I appreciate you Dming me and keeping this conversation here relevant :slight_smile:

December it’s far away! Less than two weeks! AND THEN IT’S CHRISTMAS :evergreen_tree::tada:

Oh I do remember you telling me about this book! If you want some help with coming up with a title and cover, I’m actually pretty good at coming up with some good choices :slight_smile: Just let me know!

Hi All in Mature Romance Thread!
I overly interested in mature romance, currently striving while writing my first mature romance story too so I’m very happy there is this kind of thread in the community!

I am currently looking for recommandations on mature novels that are smartly written with strong female lead.
And if they are historical/fantasy genres it is even better!

I am sure you ladies & gentlemen must know a lot, so I’d be really happy if some of you could share your fav Wattpad reads or ever your own stories’ titles :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!!!

Hey there and welcome to the club!

As far as reccomendations, some of the authors in this thread are incredibly talented and any of their work would be a great place to start :slight_smile: I will say that I think all of us enjoy more of a twisted/dark mature romance and not the fluffly kind of stuff. lol

We want grit and tears and pain before we give our characters their HEA lol So, you’ve been warned! :stuck_out_tongue:

I will come back to that offer. When I have a bit more time, I will send you a little summary of what I’ve planned. I already finished sixteen chapters so far and I do have a plan in mind for the rest of the story. Thank you for always being do amazingly helpful :heart: