Mental Health Online Group (Looking for Passionate People!)

Hi everyone!

When I was in the seventh grade, I wrote a story about a guy who had schizophrenia and I had to do a lot of research on the mental illness. It was through my passion for writing that I found my passion for psychology.

I think we can all agree that mental health doesn’t get that much coverage in the media. It’s better than it was years ago, but it’s still stigmatized, and more and more people around the world are not getting the help that they need and deserve because of this. It’s not right.

I’m only one person and my voice is small right now, but it’s passionate and I’ve been wanting to create SOMETHING where people dealing with mental health issues can go and get support, helping and connecting with other people dealing with the same and/or similar things. The media can be a toxic place and I want to create a safe haven for these beautiful souls who go through the most difficult battles.

I’m sure I’m not the first person that thought of this idea, but I really don’t care lol If I can gather enough people that are equally as passionate about fighting the stigma as I am, we can make something different. It doesn’t have to be a website that’s award winning, as that’s not my main goal. I want to create a website where people can go to that’s filled with nothing but positivity and encouragement.

If you’re interested in being apart of this project, you can leave a comment and I’ll PM you and we can get a nice group going.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Leave your thoughts or questions in the comments!

aww, it’s great that you created a thread with such a great purpose!

1 Like

Thank you! The world is crazy these days lol

yep definitely XD

Omg yes this needs to be a thing

1 Like

I would love to be in your group!

1 Like

Would love to be a part of something like this!
I’ve struggled with a number of mental health issues for a very long time, so writing about it and representing it in my stories is very important to me. It’s a wonderful idea!

1 Like

Great!

Yes, exactly!

Sounds like a good idea :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I’m a psychology major so this sounds like my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I think this is a really great idea and would love to be a part of it!
Dealing with mental health and addiction is a big part of my past and present life. Hopefully my own experiences can be used to help benefit others in a similar situation.

1 Like

Yes thank you!

I am so glad to see something like this… As someone who has had people around me struggling with mental health, being a struggler myself, and as a person who studies psychology I’m happy to see people like you take the initiative and stand up for mental health. I’d love to be a part of this project!

1 Like

Same here! Glad to meet a fellow psychology major!

I know, it’s super important and it doesn’t get that much attention. Thank you so much for your interest!

1 Like

It’s great to see a noble cause like this. I would like to join the fight. Hope I can help in some way.

1 Like

How can I help?

1 Like